Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: should I get these boots?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    should I get these boots?



    for casual kicking around (jeans t-shirt) -not for winter

    i would probably swap out the red laces

    one potential problem, I'm the laziest person in history and boots seem time consuming

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post


    for casual kicking around (jeans t-shirt) -not for winter

    i would probably swap out the red laces

    one potential problem, I'm the laziest person in history and boots seem time consuming

    Absolutly Timmay. Those 3 rows of lazy eyes at the top provides for easy access. Youd certianly bring swagger to date nite in Montpilier.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    Absolutly Timmay. Those 3 rows of lazy eyes at the top provides for easy access. Youd certianly bring swagger to date nite in Montpilier.
    i like the cut of your jib

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down

    Too pointy looking.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    i like the cut of your jib
    I cme from a nautical background

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    821
    Post Thanks / Like
    get these......perfect for lazy people....velcro



  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    get these......perfect for lazy people....velcro



    LOLWTF

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post


    for casual kicking around (jeans t-shirt) -not for winter

    i would probably swap out the red laces

    one potential problem, I'm the laziest person in history and boots seem time consuming
    Not feeling the leather design, but the overall style is cool.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post


    for casual kicking around (jeans t-shirt) -not for winter

    i would probably swap out the red laces

    one potential problem, I'm the laziest person in history and boots seem time consuming
    I only see 1 boot.

    Have you checked the rep of the seller?

    YOu dont seem the type to have much disposable income lying around, and hopping away from chickens is tiresome for the lazy.


    -

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care for the color. I'd go with this one.... sans the red laces of course.


  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    get these......perfect for lazy people....velcro


    Cameltoe Boots?

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I don't care for the color. I'd go with this one.... sans the red laces of course.

    Agreed, but I don;t get this wingtip/boot hybrid thing. Are you trying to get one pair of shoes to accomplish two different things?

    By day for meeting with clientele.
    By night for boot-jacking local wildlife in the ribs.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Agreed, but I don;t get this wingtip/boot hybrid thing. Are you trying to get one pair of shoes to accomplish two different things?

    By day for meeting with clientele.
    By night for boot-jacking local wildlife in the ribs.
    with red laces?.... I think that's what this is for


  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    with red laces?.... I think that's what this is for

    I don't have many clients.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharp brogues, Timmy. I actually own a pair of similar boots:



    They were pricey but worth it. I wear them on the weekends from Fall to early Spring, and they are dressy enough to wear to work on really cold days.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Sharp brogues, Timmy. I actually own a pair of similar boots:



    They were pricey but worth it. I wear them on the weekends from Fall to early Spring, and they are dressy enough to wear to work on really cold days.
    very sharp, i actually like those better, but I think I'd need the more rugged sole. i was looking at those.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    very sharp, i actually like those better, but I think I'd need the more rugged sole. i was looking at those.
    Go with the rugged sole, it's more versatile for where you live. You can go tramp around in the mud and snow and not worry about it. I got those because I wanted to be able to wear them with slacks and dress them up.

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You can go tramp around in the mud and snow and not worry about it.
    I'll go out on a limb here and guess that tramping around in the mud and snow not worrying about stuff constitutes 99% of Timmmys daily activities to begin with, so he is golden with your hearty endorsement.

    -

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss wearing my loafers to work.


    Stupid new real job.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love John Varvatos boots. There I said it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us