Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards released

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Do a search for braylon edwards crashes in belle isle and see why maybe the Jets did not want him back.
    The Jets would risk a potential love triangle between Edwards, Sanchez and Brandon Moore's ass if they thought BE had anything in the tank. But he doesn't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's telling that JI's most coveted wide receiver of the past 5 years can't find or keep a job.

The non-stop, two-year long excuse-a-thon for Mark Sanchez must have really worn some of you guys out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SIGN THIS M FER!! Beast mode!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, I want him to re-join the Jets just so these stupid ****ing threads will stop. Holy ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebowites > Braylonites

Just sayin

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It's telling that JI's most coveted wide receiver of the past 5 years can't find or keep a job.

The non-stop, two-year long excuse-a-thon for Mark Sanchez must have really worn some of you guys out.
    . That is very funny

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    At this point, I want him to re-join the Jets just so these stupid ****ing threads will stop. Holy ****.
    that and the fact he instantly improves one of the worst wr groups in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was it worth the bad karma, Braylon? Was it worth it, funny man?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now he's apologizing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...run-by-idiots/

Edwards, who wrote on Twitter early Tuesday morning that people shouldn’t get on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and should instead blame the “idiots calling the shots,” went back to Twitter on Tuesday afternoon and wrote that he wished he hadn’t said that.

“I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for,” Edwards wrote.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Lets be honest...if signing Bray lights a fire under Sanchez' ass, it's a no brainer
    I agree... "no brainer"... neither Edwards nor Sanchez has a brain. You nailed it. Both incredibly stupid.

Or did you mean something else?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon has been on two different teams in the last two years and didn't make it through a full season with either of them before being cut.

So what the hell makes anyone think he would come in and be a big contributor for us?

It's pretty damn clear that he's finished and most likely will be out of the league in another year or two.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legend of Braylon Edwards will live on forever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    The Legend of Braylon Edwards will live on forever.
    The legend that never was

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    More confirmation that the Jets FO made the right move to let him go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a time where I, and a good number of others, believed re-signing Braylon would have been better for the team than giving Santonio a blank check (which they seemingly did). Turns out it would have been better to let both walk, but I'm glad they took Santonio over Braylon. Has production has been non-existent over the past two seasons. The most productive thing about him has been what he's said and done off the field, and that's never a good omen.

Pass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Braylon has been on two different teams in the last two years and didn't make it through a full season with either of them before being cut.

So what the hell makes anyone think he would come in and be a big contributor for us?

It's pretty damn clear that he's finished and most likely will be out of the league in another year or two.
    he cant be any worse than the slugs we have on the roster. none of them are exactly tearing up the league. take off the blinders people and realize our wrs suck.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Man, did this guy pick the wrong day to bash the Jets. Thought there might be a chance they pick him up if he hadn't opened his big mouth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Man, did this guy pick the wrong day to bash the Jets. Thought there might be a chance they pick him up if he hadn't opened his big mouth.
    the way the jets run an organization none of this matters. at this point sign him on the cheap and let him earn a spot in this bunch of nobodys if hes done cut him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    True but at this point they should still sign him. It's only 4 games. If he acts up or just cant play cut him on the spot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he cant be any worse than the slugs we have on the roster. none of them are exactly tearing up the league. take off the blinders people and realize our wrs suck.
    No one is saying that our WR's don't suck.

But how is adding another sucky receiver to the mix going to help us?

It's pretty clear that Braylon is no longer the player he was 2-3 years ago. Otherwise he wouldn't be bouncing around from team to team and waiting to get plucked off the streets.