Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards released

Braylon Edwards released

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    The Seahawks have waived WR Braylon Edwards. This comes a day after he ripped the #Jets front office on Twitter in defense of Mark Sanchez.

SIGN THIS BEAST

All Pro
    Lmao Sanchez and Braylon bout reunite and take over the league . On the browns

SIGN THIS BEAST

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Picked a bad day to rip the Jets....huh

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao Sanchez and Braylon bout reunite and take over the league . On the browns
    Bad knee. Lost his athleticism, unfortunately.

Seahawks waived/injured WR Braylon Edwards.
    Edwards played last week, losing an apparent touchdown to replay. He did sit out two weeks with a knee injury a month ago, but wasn't known to be injured in Week 13. Perhaps his release is tied to Tuesday's Twitter outburst against the "idiots calling the shots" in the Jets organization. Edwards has since apologized for the comments, likely at the behest of his agent.

hes right on with those comments. edelman is done in new england and they just signed donte stallworth maybe edwards is next.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jesus tap dancing Christ people. It's not happening, let it fukn go

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Jesus tap dancing Christ people. It's not happening, let it fukn go
    holmes needs more surgery........never say never.

I think this is something they should really look into. Braylon Edwards is the only WR that actually had CHEMISTRY with Mark Sanchez. The only one I ever saw.

Why not pick him up and see if he can left the spirits of Sanchez and the team. Even if Rex opts to stay with McElroy (much more likely), at least you are giving a young QB some weapons to work with. Sanchez had weapons back in 2009 and 2010 and because of those weapons it was hard for a lot of you to be able to see that Sanchez was a problem. You guys thought he was awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Lets be honest...if signing Bray lights a fire under Sanchez' ass, it's a no brainer

Braylon Edwards says 'blame the idiots calling the shots' for Mark Sanchez's struggles

By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger
    on December 04, 2012 at 7:43 AM, updated December 04, 2012 at 7:54 AM

William Perlman/The Star-Ledger Braylon Edwards has apparently weighed in on the Jets three-way quarterback controversy.

In a Tweet posted early Tuesday morning on Edwards' official page, the former Jets wide receiver said (sic): "Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance."

Edwards did not specify who the "idiots" were that he was referring to. By all indications, Edwards had a close relationship with head coach Rex Ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Isn't the second surgery part of the first surgery. He has to have the plate removed. I am sure they knew that going in. You make it sound as if he has had complications.

BTW, I am pretty sure they released him b.c of the comments. I can't recall many times when a player criticizes another team's FO.

Braylon Edwards is a shell of the 2005-2010 Braylon Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Isn't the second surgery part of the first surgery. He has to have the plate removed. I am sure they knew that going in. You make it sound as if he has had complications.

BTW, I am pretty sure they released him b.c of the comments. I can't recall many times when a player criticizes another team's FO.
    read the story here on the home page. im not holmes dr. thanks

Additional Surgery Needed for Holmes

By Wesley Sykes

December 3rd, 2012

SANTONIO HOLMES WILL HAVE A SECOND SURGERY IN FEBRUARY. NO TIME TABLE FOR RETURN OF TONE TIME

LINDEN, N.J. -- Santonio Holmes is miles from the home stretch of returning from a season-ending left leg injury.

It won't be until April -- best case scenario -- that Holmes will be able to begin running as he told members of the media in his first appearance since suffering a Lisfranc injury to his left foot at the start of the fourth quarter in Week 4's 34-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

Not that it really mattered I guess, but he picked the wrong day to call the Jets idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WAwuSK36Gw

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Not that it really mattered I guess, but he picked the wrong day to call the Jets idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WAwuSK36Gw

lmao, poor Braylon

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    hes 100% correct the jets organization is a bunch of idiots.

Hall Of Fame
    read the story here on the home page. im not holmes dr. thanks

Additional Surgery Needed for Holmes

By Wesley Sykes
    Misleading article title. Not blaming you. I was right. He does need additional surgery but it is not a setback.

With no official time table to returning to football activity, Holmes is slated to have surgery in February to remove a plate that was inserted in his left foot for extra support. At the current moment, he was uncertain about his return in time for training camp next August.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Misleading article title. Not blaming you. I was right. He does need additional surgery but it is not a setback.
    holmes is a douche nozzle healthy or injured. hes far from a #1 wr. if we are stuck with him we need to surround him with better wrs and not guys like schillens and gates.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Picked a bad day to rip the Jets....huh
    Yep, just shows how dumb some of these players are....