Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why the focus on the Jets ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Mangini

No.

Mangini is the reason, since he was in full control of Tannebaum, that we made the AFC Championship in 2009 and 2010, when combined with the schemes of Rex Ryan.

The three headed GM/Coaching of Bradway, Tannenbaum, and Mangini assembled a very good football team.

He got Favre rammed down his throat then ran out the door.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Name 1 coach that gives Brady/Belly more fits than Rex

I'll give you Coughlin, but Rex is one hell of a coach...can shut down BB and Brady any given Sunday

Is BB a great coach? Not sure. Why can't he turn his defense around?
    I don't know, Injuries to Chung and Dowling have hurt for sure. A bunch of wasted picks, Crable, Mckensie, Butler, Weatley, FA that did not work out either due to injury such as Bodden or lack of talent such as Burgess.

You have to take into consideration that the pats have turned the 2008 roster over with the exception of Wilfork. The pats now have the youngest defense in the entire league and things should improve.

Lets see how Rex does- since 2010 a steady decrease every year and with likely cuts or FA losses of 2 Dlineman, 4 lB and 2 safeties this year I think next years D will be the 4th year in a row in a degrade in performance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know...simply based on track record before Brady, I'd say no...I'd rather have Rex

You'd rather take a friggn' clown over a HOF HC?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You'd rather take a friggn' clown over a HOF HC?
    go the F away

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like the Jets are saddled with Sanchez, the Pats will always be saddled with (***)

Until they win one without the (*) the "pinnacle" for the Pats is losing 2 SB's to GB and Chicago
    Keep telling your self that, those trophies are nice and shiny and no mention
    of any asterisks anywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think next years D will be the 4th year in a row in a degrade in performance.
    The PAts mad a conscious effort to turn their roster over...The Jets may have to do that now...however, they obviously thought they had another run after 09-10

Hey, I for one am glad they went for it when they did....did it pan out, well no, but it was fun. Now time to re tool

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    go the F away
    How difficult is it for the guy to get the point....he's not wanted here

How difficult is it to understand, without Brady, Belichick is another Bruce Coslett

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PAts mad a conscious effort to turn their roster over...The Jets may have to do that now...however, they obviously thought they had another run after 09-10

Hey, I for one am glad they went for it when they did....did it pan out, well no, but it was fun. Now time to re tool
    of course having the team winning the superbowl is the best feeling for a fan. But there is something exciting to being a fan of a team as it rebuilds and see the team get better as time goes on. Hope is the greatest thing about being a fan.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two words:

NEW YORK

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How difficult is it for the guy to get the point....he's not wanted here

How difficult is it to understand, without Brady, Belichick is another Bruce Coslett

Let's be honest here. Without Unitas, Ewbank is? Without Bart Starr - Lombardi is? Without Bradshaw, Noll is ? Without Montana and Young, Walsh is? Without Aikman, Johnson is?
    But they had and developed their talent. Rex has not done crap.
    BB has had a long carrer -16 years. Rex will NEVER have the opportunity to coach that long. Rex is simply a fat blowhard. Like his father. Like his brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    of course having the team winning the superbowl is the best feeling for a fan. But there is something exciting to being a fan of a team as it rebuilds and see the team get better as time goes on. Hope is the greatest thing about being a fan.
    I want to have this conversation with you 5 years after Brady

If you think you'll build sh1t without a solid QB, you surely have forgotten the Tommy Hodson ERA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to have this conversation with you 5 years after Brady

If you think you'll build sh1t without a solid QB, you surely have forgotten the Tommy Hodson ERA
    No team in the hiistory of the NFL has stayed consistently on top. NONE.
    Some have had their day in the sun and glory years - Cleveland and Detroit were once totally dominant. As were the Packers, Bears and Raiders and others. The Jets, regrettably - never. Not as bad though as the RedSox or NY Rangers - yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    No team in the hiistory of the NFL has stayed consistently on top. NONE.
    Some have had their day in the sun and glory years - Cleveland and Detroit were once totally dominant. As were the Packers, Bears and Raiders and others. The Jets, regrettably - never. Not as bad though as the RedSox or NY Rangers - yet.
    You had me up until the Red Sox.. Who btw, made it to 11 World series, winning 7 of them (granted 5 of those wins are ancient history.) They have, however, gone to 5 WS since the Jets became a team, winning 2. While the Jets only got to one championship, and won it 44 years ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You had me up until the Red Sox.. Who btw, made it to 11 World series, winning 7 of them (granted 5 of those wins are ancient history.) They have, however, gone to 5 WS since the Jets became a team, winning 2. While the Jets only got to one championship, and won it 44 years ago.

Let's be fair here. The Red Sox won some championships almost 100 years ago. Two in the last 10 is not a dominant performance. The team of the last TWO decades is the Yankees.
    And even the Mets have won since the Jets.
    The Sox "drought" was most pronounced. 86 years? Bit much, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agreed. The Red Sox are IMO a more valued franchise than the JETS. Their fans are passionate and engaged. There was an element of SOS (same ole sox) until 2004.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Name 1 coach that gives Brady/Belly more fits than Rex

I'll give you Coughlin, but Rex is one hell of a coach...can shut down BB and Brady any given Sunday

Is BB a great coach? Not sure. Why can't he turn his defense around?
    Don't be that guy. BB has been in 5 SB. He helped build the Giants D of the 80's the resurgent Jets D under Parcells, won SB's with D, and then got to within 1 play of winning a SB with a great O.

His defensive coaching is fine, the ongoing ability to find defensive talent is poor. Despite his "average" talent, his team leads the league in point differential and creating turnovers. That's all that matters for a defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Unfortunately, too many of us get brainwashed into thinking he guarantees a Super Bowl win every week. Well, he doesn't.
    You only have to do it once. Just ask Joe Namath.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Despite his "average" talent, his team leads the league in point differential and creating turnovers. That's all that matters for a defense.
    Wait a second, I could have sworn I read in another thread that the only way to measure a good defense is through yards allowed.

That's not true?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people love a circus.

Everybody is laughing at the Jets these days.
    I pains me to agree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people love a circus.

Everybody is laughing at the Jets these days.
    Not true again!

There are a few on this board still delusional.