Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the focus on the Jets ?

Why the focus on the Jets ?

There are so many stories within the NFL such as Big Ben being out, the Eagles crashing, The Cowboys finding ways to loose, another QB controversy in San Francisco and the continuing saga of the Giants. Yet the Jets are all over the national news. Why ? Because fatso's like Francesca get ratings and people talking about them when they talk about the Jets and because NY is a major metro market.

Like most fans I try and read lot of sports columns but what I am quickly finding out is that the only ones I respect are from writers or people who played the game and even some of them have major axe's to grind.

I don't believe that Woody has ever dictated which person should play, be cut or be given a contract. I believe he relies on his football people and at the end of the year we will see who is held responsible. Among the most memorable quotes that I read today about the Jets is that "Rex looks and acts tired". No doubt he is not the same coach we know as this season has taken a lot out of him. However the measure of a good man is not being knocked down but how many times he gets up after being knocked down.

The Jets should just boycott Fatso Francessa. He never played the game and know next to nothing about what happens within the confined walls of the clubhouse.

It all comes back to money. That's the only thing that matters to the major networks. Sadly, ESPN has followed the masses in the past decade.

For whatever reason, talking about the Jets, no matter how good or bad, generates controversy. Controversy attracts ratings. Ratings attract expensive ad space.

It's pretty simple and an easy reason why I avoid the major outlets when it comes to sports discussion. There are so many intelligent minds on the Internet who post on twitter and have blogs. I've learned more about football in the last two years then I did in the rest of my life combined.

"football moves" like trading for Tebow.

The team made a concerted effort for this to be the case. The team craves attention like a 13YO girl.

All Pro
    Rex Ryan has brought this upon this team. With a loudmouth bragger the highs are great, but the vultures come out when your bragging and boasting doesnt come true.

Thats why the next gm will not even consider rex to remain the head coach. You dont need to put your football team through this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Yet the Jets are all over the national news. Why ?
    Because people love a circus.

Everybody is laughing at the Jets these days.

Rex hasn't guaranteed or bragged in so long. Probably before last year's Giants game when he said the Jets were the best team in NY. And no, "put some hot sauce on him" doesn't count.

Unfortunately, too many of us get brainwashed into thinking he guarantees a Super Bowl win every week. Well, he doesn't.

If you can't see that he's making an effort to keep his mouth shut and trying to learn from his mistakes, then you need to stop reading what ESPN or NFL network says and start reading the transcripts of his press conferences. You'll see he takes a less loud-mouth approach these days. Stop painting him still as sht-talking, loudmouth. he really hasn't done at all this season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

If you can't see that he's making an effort to keep his mouth shut and trying to learn from his mistakes, then you need to stop reading what ESPN or NFL network says and start reading the transcripts of his press conferences. You'll see he takes a less loud-mouth approach these days. Stop painting him still as sht-talking, loudmouth. he really hasn't done at all this season.
    Just this week, Wrecks said the Jets have one of the best QB situations in the NFL.

How can anyone take this guy seriously?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Just this week, Wrecks said the Jets have one of the best QB situations in the NFL.

You forgot to mention the stout defense that held Arizona to 6 points.

All Pro
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Exactly. We hire coaches that start out real good:
    Groh, Rex, mangini, Herm. And then they just turn into absolute buffoons. How does this keep happening? Is it that NY beats them down?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Exactly. We hire coaches that start out real good:
    Groh, Rex, mangini, Herm. And then they just turn into absolute buffoons. How does this keep happening? Is it that NY beats them down?
    Just think...We almost had Belichick as our HC but Parcells facked that up

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Rex hasn't guaranteed or bragged in so long. Probably before last year's Giants game when he said the Jets were the best team in NY. And no, "put some hot sauce on him" doesn't count.

Unfortunately, too many of us get brainwashed into thinking he guarantees a Super Bowl win every week. Well, he doesn't.

How about the I am the best defensive coach in the nfl speech this season?
    or even better "this is the most qualified team we have had" in TC.

You are getting so used to such outrageous statements that the above two
    over the top quotes are not even remembered. or even this one after the bills were defeated. he acted as if he unleashed the kraken on the NFL.

"I dont know about motivation. I think I did tell them that I thought we had the league right where we wanted them"

Because people love a circus.

Everybody is laughing at the Jets these days.
    Exactly, America loves a train wreck.

Jets are the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. Everyday it's "What will they say/do next?"

Hence why you see more negative Jet headlines than positive Giant ones. Negativity sells more papers and I guess makes ESPN watchable for some..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Just think...We almost had Belichick as our HC but Parcells facked that up
    Belicheck without Tom Brady is at BEST, Rex Ryan

Is there a direct quote on that?

Im comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks. I think all three guys, well, now, have proven they can win in this league.

Is the closest I found to what you claim he said. People take words and invent a storyline that isn't really there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets are 5-7, and some say they're a train wreck.

What are the teams with worse records then? KC, Jax, Oak, Philly ect?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Im comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks. I think all three guys, well, now, have proven they can win in this league.

Is the closest I found to what you claim he said. People take words and invent a storyline that isn't really there.
    Why he's allowed to post here is beyond me?

Kills thread after thread lying to make his arguments.....he needs to go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Belichick drafted Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

“I’m comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks. I think all three guys, well, now, have proven they can win in this league.”

“I’ve got three quarterbacks I feel good about,” Ryan said. “I think we’re in a lot better situation than probably a lot of teams."

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/delusi...el-good-about/

All Pro
    What? Bellichek and Rex are total opposites. besides being def coaches at one time, they have nothing in common.