Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why the focus on the Jets ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Because he knew teams, just like the Jets, would pass on him 6 times.

Why waste a #1 when BB knew he'd be there in the 6th?
    While you are clearly on the right side of this debate... this is the dumbest thing you have ever said.

Pats got lucky..... face it.

Why 31 teams didnt take him in the 5th is mind boggling.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Congrats on a friggn' Divisional Round Super Bowl.

I hope you are proud of that phenomenal accomplishment.
    Yup...I got it, and you, Brady,Belichick don't

It's the toughest loss of Brady's career....and I'll never for get it

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    While you are clearly on the right side of this debate... this is the dumbest thing you have ever said.

Why 31 teams didnt take him in the 5th is mind boggling.
    I understand that, but he';s also taking credit for taking a flyer at a QB in the 6th round

Pure luck

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Ive got three quarterbacks I feel good about, Ryan said. I think were in a lot better situation than probably a lot of teams."

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/delusi...el-good-about/
    Just this week, Wrecks said the Jets have one of the best QB situations in the NFL.
    That's hardly the same statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That's hardly the same statement.
    Why? Because his use of the word "Probably"?

I swear, take the words "Um....Ah...Obviously.... and Probably" away from Rex and he couldn't give a press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I understand that, but he';s also taking credit for taking a flyer at a QB in the 6th round

Pure luck
    Agreed...but BB would not IMO have phucked the JETS over as much as REX. BB is a better developer and evaluator of talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agreed...but BB would not IMO have phucked the JETS over as much as REX. BB is a better developer and evaluator of talent.
    How can you say that....Belly has been running a team for roughly 16 years as HC

Rex has 4 years....you can't compare

Also, Belly's draft history is less than stellar

41-55

Yup, that's Belichicks head coaching record BB

Before brady

He took over a terrible team in cleveland and before the advent of real FA. The team got better every year he was there. And you make no allowance for Modell moving the team and saying that BB would not be coming to Balt,

The media hates BB and perpetuates this revisionist history regarding his effectiveness in Cleveland. He was an utter disaster from a PR standpoint with the fans once he benched hometown hero Bernie Kosar, the fans hated him, the media hated him as he was then as he is now, no talk about anything non game day related. When he took over the pats, he said the thing that made it easy to keep Brady as the 4th qb was that there were only 35 players on the team that he thought to be NFL level.

Do you truly believe that Belichick is a losing coach, or that you would rather have Rex as a HC?.

How can you say that....Belly has been running a team for roughly 16 years as HC

Rex has 4 years....you can't compare

Also, Belly's draft history is less than stellar
    Agreed but we didnt bring experience into this. The OLD BB perhaps but todays BB is a far better coach than Rex. Experience.

Rex in fact, after watching 2011 and 2012 is perhaps not a good coach at all.

Considering what he faces and has faced, his moves and decisions are less than stellar to use your words. His pressers are a joke and his comment about best talent, 3 sarting QB's etc? Do you remember his dad?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Do you truly believe that Belichick is a losing coach, or that you would rather have Rex as a HC?.
    I don't know...simply based on track record before Brady, I'd say no...I'd rather have Rex

Once again, give Rex Brady, then you can compare

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

His pressers are a joke and his comment about best talent, 3 sarting QB's etc? Do you remember his dad?
    Believe me dude, I am not making excuses for anyone in this regime anymore....but Rex is having a tough time with the media, because he's constantly making excuses for Sanchez.

Do you think Rex goes home at night, not knowing Sanchez stinks?

He's saddled with the guy, hoping, praying, selling his soul to the devil so Mark's light bulb turns on

You can take shots at Sanchez all day.

But reality is, that he walked into Foxboro in a playoff game, and kicked Brady and The Pats a$$

We will/he will always have that
    And the pats will always remember that pinnacle of achievement in beating the jets in the playoffs in 07- Oh the heights they reached that day!

I don't know...simply based on track record before Brady, I'd say no...I'd rather have Rex

Once again, give Rex Brady, then you can compare
    no, take away Brady from each guy and give each guy a Shaub type qb.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And the pats will always remember that pinnacle of achievement in beating the jets in the playoffs in 07- Oh the heights they reached that day!
    Circumstances leading up to the most recent playoff game made it so sweet...I was in Boston that entire week before. Everyone in Boston was guaranteeing a 30 point blowout

Then, The Pats got punched in the mouth

What a glorious day

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

no, take away Brady from each guy and give each guy a Shaub type qb.
    Name 1 coach that gives Brady/Belly more fits than Rex

I'll give you Coughlin, but Rex is one hell of a coach...can shut down BB and Brady any given Sunday

Is BB a great coach? Not sure. Why can't he turn his defense around?

Again, the Madden kids have invaded the thread.

Circumstances leading up to the most recent playoff game made it so sweet...I was in Boston that entire week before. Everyone in Boston was guaranteeing a 30 point blowout

Then, The Pats got punched in the mouth

What a glorious day
    It is a good memory only in that it was the pinnacle of the jets success in the last 25 years. I had to go back and actually research the last time the pats i did not even remember it. I do remember the 86 playoff game though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It is a good memory only in that it was the pinnacle of the jets success in the last 25 years. I had to go back and actually research the last time the pats i did not even remember it. I do remember the 86 playoff game though.

Just like the Jets are saddled with Sanchez, the Pats will always be saddled with (***)

Until they win one without the (*) the "pinnacle" for the Pats is losing 2 SB's to GB and Chicago

Banned

Do I always have to use one of these ?

I know the Pats got lucky with Brady.

Banned
    Just like the Jets are saddled with Sanchez, the Pats will always be saddled with ()
    Yep.