Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: New Jets/NFL Survey Re: Wireless @ Stadium

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

New Jets/NFL Survey Re: Wireless @ Stadium

Was just sent a survey link from the Jets/NFL about wireless internet access and potential new features at the stadium.

This wasn't your typical "how satisfied were you with the quality of concessions" survey, it is clearly being conducted for bigger purposes then asking how long the security line was.

Survey asked a bunch of questions about usage of wireless in the stadium (which was finally turned on this season per the CBA rules), and then offered up a series of new features (maybe 8-10 or so) that could be accessed using in-Stadium wireless.

It used a Max-Diff survey design, which shows you several permutations of the different features (6 at a time) and asks you to pick which you found most useful and least useful of that set. Analyses of surveys of this type usually yield a rank order of benefits, relative to each other. Kind of a cool marketing research tool to use like this (I work in the field).

Anyway, off the top of my head they were talking about:

Live stadium attendance tracker
    Weather reports
    Access to NFL RedZone channel
    Estimated wait times at bathrooms and concessions stands nearby
    In-seat food ordering
    Live chat with other attendees
    Stadium-specific player/coach interviews on video
    Yelp reviews of concession stands
    GPS tracker to find your car after the game
    GPS that activates Jets Radio on your phone when you leave the stadium
    Live Jets radio on phone/tablet during the game

That's really all I can remember.

It also asked about a bunch of Jets-related apps. Noticed that they went as far as to include TheGangGreen app and other Jets fan message board-related apps. No JetsInsider, though (guessing we don't have an app?).

Anyway, having public wifi access this season has been nice--though it needs to be improved and work better. Just wanted to share some potential stadium upgrades that may be coming down the road per the survey.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't anyone go to watch the game anymore?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read the previous threads on this. This survey was discussed a while ago.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 12-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jets:

None of this matters because the internet connectivity on AT&T is brutal once the first quarter starts.

And instead of inundating us with more distraction, please tell the PA crew to turn down the volume and give us a mandatory 60 seconds of SILENCE during every break in the action. We can't speak to the person next to us without shouting and we're so exhausted from the bombardment of our eyes and ears that we have no strength left to cheer.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Dear Jets:

None of this matters because the internet connectivity on AT&T is brutal once the first quarter starts.

And instead of inundating us with more distraction, please tell the PA crew to turn down the volume and give us a mandatory 60 seconds of SILENCE during every break in the action. We can't speak to the person next to us without shouting and we're so exhausted from the bombardment of our eyes and ears that we have no strength left to cheer.

SAR I
    Dear Jets, wins are the only thing we care about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jets:

SAR I
    Theoretically, we don't need cell reception there b/c there is free "WiFi" available. BUT, I don't open up my work phone to an open system.

Don't feel bad about your ATT reception. My Verizon reception is brutal during the game. Basically useless.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    too much technology. Unneeded imo. What gets me is, they won`t even show a crucial call or replay them on the video screens but they want everyone to be "in touch" with everything happening around the league? LOL Too much crap for me to arsed with. If I want to know how one of my WR`s did for fantasy, I`ll check it when I get home. There is too much beer to drink, too much food to BBQ, urination on BMW`s to be done and vomiting all of the days consumptions to be arse around with all that technology crap.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jets:

SAR I
    Actually, the wifi in the Chase club is pretty good, at least it was this weekend when I used it on about the 40-45 yard line.

And who wants silence at a live sporting event? Go watch golf, or sit home.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    too much technology. Unneeded imo. What gets me is, they won`t even show a crucial call or replay them on the video screens but they want everyone to be "in touch" with everything happening around the league? LOL Too much crap for me to arsed with. If I want to know how one of my WR`s did for fantasy, I`ll check it when I get home. There is too much beer to drink, too much food to BBQ, urination on BMW`s to be done and vomiting all of the days consumptions to be arse around with all that technology crap.
    On target again.

The league mandated that the replays the referee is viewing are to be shown on the stadium screens.

Not at Met Life.....we get commercials, views of face painted drunks performing for the camera and dancing flight crew bimbos....NOT a single view leaving everyone guessing until the announcement is finally made

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    On target again.

and dancing flight crew bimbos....Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    In my opinion, they don`t show enough of them. I think the Flight Crew has been the best thing the Jets have done since drafting(actually stealing from the NFL) Namath. More Flight Crew stuff. The Jets really do have some gorgeous cheerleaders. Just my hetero opinion. They actually work very hard for the fans and their paychecks. And they look great doing it. I just love women of all backgrounds.