Thread: Sanchez/McElroy Salary Cap

Sanchez/McElroy Salary Cap

If the Jets keep Sanchez and McElroy next year there are no cap problems with whoever starts. Sanchez is over paid and McElroy is still on the rookie scale. Am I missing something? What is Sanchez at next year? $8.25MM guaranteed against the cap and McElroy is at $555K next year. Since we are stuck with Sanchez anyway and got McElroy on the cheap, we can get rid of Tebow (Guarantee of $2.5MM) or if we keep him we have a total of $10.25MM invested in the QB position, not including bonuses. Don't think that is a back breaker Cap wise.... So play McElroy....

The Seattle Seahawks are paying Matt Flynn more than $8 million a year to back-up Russell Wilson and they're well on their way to the post-season.

Don't tell me Sanchez "has to start" next season. I know that's not what you're saying, OP, but I'm just spilling out how I feel here, too.

There are many ways the Jets can work around Sanchez's 2013 contract. Mutual parting, perhaps? Eating the money for the betterment of the franchise? Or just sitting his ass on the pine pony.

Anything would be better than him as the starting Quarterback and the IDIOTIC decision Rex Ryan made today ensures me that Sanchez will be his starting Quarterback on September 8th and it makes me sick.

Another year of 7-8 victories, if that, as 2013's schedule is harder than this years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    If the Jets keep Sanchez and McElroy next year there are no cap problems with whoever starts. Sanchez is over paid and McElroy is still on the rookie scale. Am I missing something? What is Sanchez at next year? $8.25MM guaranteed against the cap and McElroy is at $555K next year. Since we are stuck with Sanchez anyway and got McElroy on the cheap, we can get rid of Tebow (Guarantee of $2.5MM) or if we keep him we have a total of $10.25MM invested in the QB position, not including bonuses. Don't think that is a back breaker Cap wise.... So play McElroy....
    Sanchez cap number is 12.8 million next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    A new GM and a new HC will come in next year and have an open competetion for qb. Hell, Sanchez might even win that competetion. But he sure as hell will not be able to play like he is now and keep his job.

It will be like 06 when mangini came in and all jobs were open.

The difference will be the new coaching staff will make the best decision for the franchise. The coaches and gm now are making the best decision for themselves individually.