Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama Meets With Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, 'Influential Progressives'

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

TLDR: You sound like a liberal decrying FOX News.
    At least the subtle irony in my statement wasn't completely lost on you. Next time I'll throw in a smiley

Also: lol at Tyler Durden for frantically posting examples of when Bush and Obama met with media pundits in the past. Not even a comment or a remark, just the quotes. Quick, must defend Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    At least the subtle irony in my statement wasn't completely lost on you. Next time I'll throw in a smiley
    You have to admit bud, it's often tough to read the subtext or subtlety online, especially in here.

Hall Of Fame
    Just giving them thanks for spreading his message. Trying to sell his second term agenda (as if they needed to be sold on it).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You have to admit bud, it's often tough to read the subtext or subtlety online, especially in here.
    Yeah, I gotcha

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just giving them thanks for spreading his message. Trying to sell his second term agenda (as if they needed to be sold on it).
    Bingo.

Sent from a phone using an app

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Back in the day they would burn homosexuals. The bundle of sticks was called a faggot of sticks. So, when the homosexual was on fire, he was a flamer.

So were Jews in the Middles Ages and later in Germany, Spain and Italy. Burned at the stake, that is. In England, regular people were burned at the stake for disagreing with various kings.

Flamer, a description used sometime around/after the WWII period, implied a flaming a**hole. In other words, a regular a**hole who was more vocal/demonstrative. Not many openly gay folks back when I was growing up. (That would be pre Jets).

Then logic would dictate that you appreciate that terms meaning has evolved (which you do seem to get) over time, and hence choose to no longer use it.

But you are free to use any term you wish. But used as you used it, you should probably expect pushback by those who would read it as it's current (not older, perhaps out-dated or no longer commonly used) meaning.

Just to amplify your thought on outdated: perhaps you are somewhat correct. You'll be pleased to know that our Congress, in full session yesterday, voted to outlaw in government documents, the word lunatic. It is felt to be outdated and insulting.
    Not much else to do in DC, I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Just to amplify your thought on outdated: perhaps you are somewhat correct. You'll be pleased to know that our Congress, in full session yesterday, voted to outlaw in government documents, the word lunatic. It is felt to be outdated and insulting.
    Not much else to do in DC, I guess.
    They also voted to replace "lunatic" with "congressman" in all documents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Nq3xuHkgE