View Poll Results: Is it time?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fire the idiot

36 78.26%
  • No, him and Buttfumble are the awesomest.

10 21.74%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Rex!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proven winner?

His record as a HC is right around .500

He's f*cking clueless. Watch him on the sidelines, watch his conferences, look at his total inability to put loyalty aside and play the best players.

He's a blowhard jackass who has taken this team from contender to circus act basically overnight.

F*ck him and the horse he rode in on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you. there is no patience for anything when it comes to this team. we act as if we are in the worst situation of any team in the league, which isn
    't even close. and we all have the answers -- personnel, playcalling, stadium logistics, etc.

good teams don't panic when things don't go smoothly. Did the Texans panic and fire Kubiak when they sucked? How about, like the OP mention, Coughlin and Eli? Marvin Lewis? Lovie Smith? And those teams made some roster improvements and now they are some of the better teams in the league. True story.

let's all take a deep breath, jets fans. really not as bad as you think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    You know the players still love playing for Rex, they say it all the time. He never, ever throws anyone under the bus. He always says the decisions are his, so if it fails it's on him. Yet us geniuses in fan land know what is best because we played both ways in high school football.

Let's let Rex leave and get scooped up by the Pats to be the D coordinator (Belichick does like the guy) and make the Jets suffer even more.
    Let NE pick him up, which they won't, who cares.

The players like playing for him so much they get blown out 3 games at home.

They do like playing for him because he lets them do whatever they want and doesn't instill any discipline. He needs to go ASAP!

Get a true HC that instills discipline and accountability and an OC and QB coach
    that maybe can save Sanchez, while enforcing their WRs to run crisp routes and stop with these rounding off of routes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The team has regressed in the last couple years as far as level of talent is concerned. Firing Rex will not fix that. The one who needs to be fired is Tannenbaum.
    And do you think that the new GM will want to be saddled with a stubborn blowhard like Rex?

No, he'll want to bring in his own guy to run the show.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    What exactly has Rex won?
    What has any Jets coach won since Weeb? Nothing! We need to give a guy a chance for once. Rex has had success here.

Giving him a chance to turn things around is the best option rather then starting over.

Rex is a guy that loves his team and organization. He has said he want to be the head coach for 15 years.

He is one of the few coaches that has proven to beat belicheat on more then one occasion. He is a good coach.

As for Tanny I dont say fire him but maybe bring in someone else and keep Tanny as the money guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try living in Philly. NY fans are princes compared to those bozos.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Proven winner?

He's f*cking clueless. Watch him on the sidelines, watch his conferences, look at his total inability to put loyalty aside and play the best players.

He's a blowhard jackass who has taken this team from contender to circus act basically overnight.

wow. the last sentence was needed? this is why the rest of the league thinks -- wait, knows -- the Jets have the worst fans in the NFL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you. there is no patience for anything when it comes to this team. we act as if we are in the worst situation of any team in the league, which isn
    't even close. and we all have the answers -- personnel, playcalling, stadium logistics, etc.

good teams don't panic when things don't go smoothly. Did the Texans panic and fire Kubiak when they sucked? How about, like the OP mention, Coughlin and Eli? Marvin Lewis? Lovie Smith? And those teams made some roster improvements and now they are some of the better teams in the league. True story.

let's all take a deep breath, jets fans. really not as bad as you think.
    absolutely great post and prove my point. These other teams are being rewarded for sticking with there guys.

The roster needs to change not the coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Holmgren took the Hawks to a Super Bowl. He's a damn good coach just not a great GM. I'd take Holmgren in a second.
    Bingo. This is the type of HC or OC the Jets need to try and save Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proven winner?

You're out of control.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex lucked into those two AFC Championship appearances with a roster that already had a great core in place. They are no laurels to rest on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    You're out of control.
    I know

My bloods boiling

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Rex lucked into those two AFC Championship appearances with a roster that already had a great core in place. They are no laurels to rest on.
    Lucked? He had a rookie QB for christ sake! We were underdogs in every playoff game we played!

We won 4 games on the road in the playoffs!

Come on now lets be serious. Rex isnt perfect but what he did with those teams was far from luck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A gluttony of mistakes.

Draft picks, bad contracts, over confidence in players on the roster, bringing in Tebow, Mark Sanchez contract/extension, no depth at WR, giving away too many draft picks, and selecting questionable talent with the ones they have kept. Last year they drafted another non-contributing/project D lineman (Coples) when OT, RB, and WR were screaming 1st round needs.

The lack of vision and inability to see the roster for what it was when everyone else did is frankly mindboggling.

We need a house cleaning… too many really piss poor decisions.

MT, Sparano, Cavanaugh definitely gone….
    And I’m starting to lean towards getting rid of Rex too now.

I think my move would be to make an offer to a guy like Chris Peterson, Head Coach of Boise State. Doubt he’d want to leave, but he’s a much better coach vs. Schiano and I think he could do some things if given the opportunity in the NFL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 75 percent of posters here are qualified to be the head coach or GM or owner ... or all at the same time! I mean, most of us run a team with Madden, yes?
    Yes! I already won the superbowl in NFL 13.
    Either way I will root for the Jets to win, mathematically eliminated or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Lucked? He had a rookie QB for christ sake! We were underdogs in every playoff game we played!

We won 4 games on the road in the playoffs!

Come on now lets be serious. Rex isnt perfect but what he did with those teams was far from luck.
    Veteran leaders like Richardson, Woody, Faneca, etc. had a lot to do with getting those teams where they needed to be. Once those guys were gone and Tanny failed to bring in suitable replacements (admittedly not really Rex's fault), Rex has not shown anything close to capable leadership. Empty words, bad decisions on and off the field, and a tumultuous lockerroom.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And let him personally fire Rex out the f*ckin window onto his f*ckin head!
    ALright Mike. Whaddaya say BIll?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex pisses me off every time he answers a question with "again".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Veteran leaders like Richardson, Woody, Faneca, etc. had a lot to do with getting those teams where they needed to be. Once those guys were gone and Tanny failed to bring in suitable replacements (admittedly not really Rex's fault), Rex has not shown anything close to capable leadership. Empty words, bad decisions on and off the field, and a tumultuous lockerroom.
    Very good point. But in fairness I think they believed some of the younger guys would step up into the leadership roles.

Mangold, Brick, Harris, Revis, the core 4! Sanchez as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Btw, I fired myself as a fan....but I have been rehired at a substantial pay cut, which will be reflected in my performance.

-