Thread: Sal Palantonio on Colin Cowherd

Sal Palantonio on Colin Cowherd

Did anyone else hear this around 11am ? Colin asked Sal about the report that said Woody wanted McElroy. Sal said there is no way this is true. He said when you follow the evidence trail that it would make sense for Woody to want Sanchez given the contract issue. He did not mention Manesh's name but did imply the story was BS.

For anyone that listened is this accurate or did I misinterpret Sal's comments?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    Did anyone else hear this around 11am ? Colin asked Sal about the report that said Woody wanted McElroy. Sal said there is no way this is true. He said when you follow the evidence trail that it would make sense for Woody to want Sanchez given the contract issue. He did not mention Manesh's name but did imply the story was BS.

For anyone that listened is this accurate or did I misinterpret Sal's comments?
    Not the first time Manish has been called out as a liar

The way Rex acted in the press conference it seemed to me Woody wanted Mcelroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The way Rex acted in the press conference it seemed to me Woody wanted Mcelroy.
    Exactly...

I'm pretty sure Woody wanted Mcelroy. Sal Pal doesn't know much outside of the Eagles anyway. He basically clearly said he was speculating.

Woody just wants the team to win though... Which is definitely the reason he wants McElroy.

None of this makes sense. I just can't see Rex sticking with Sanchez unless he's being told to, and I'm not sure Tanny has the gravitas at this point to demand Rex start Sanchez.

Something's not right in Rome with this.

Woody doesn't want his team to win. He brought in Tebow and let's Edwards and chad Johnson sit there. Say what u want but both these guys are better than any of our receivers. It's sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    None of this makes sense. I just can't see Rex sticking with Sanchez unless he's being told to, and I'm not sure Tanny has the gravitas at this point to demand Rex start Sanchez.

Something's not right in Rome with this.
    It makes perfect sense:

Coaches meeting Tuesday:

Rex: "So I'm thinking McElroy."

Sparano: "You're going to get me fired."

Tannenbaum: "You're going to get me fired."

Woody: "You're going to cost me over $8 million for a backup."

Rex: "I'll go lie and say he gives us the best chance to win again, ok?"

All others: "That's a great plan!"