Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Sanchez plays well this week, it proves nothing

If Sanchez plays well this week, it proves nothing

The Jags D is on par with the Cardinals offense. If Sanchez plays well this week, it does not prove Rex right, it does not mean Sanchez quieted critics, it does not mean Sanchez proved he deserved to start. ANYONE can play well against the Jags D, they are 2-10 and putrid, they make QB scrubs look like Pro Bowl-ers. If Sanchez can't play decent against them, he doesn't belong in the NFL period.

So he'll probably have a solid game and Rex will boast about how right he was and the faith he has in Mark. The whole situation is comical really...

Jets Insider VIP
    No, it doesn't prove anything.

But Sanchez playing well over these next 4 games could lead to Woody giving Sanchez, Rex, and Tanny another year.

I hope we stink up the joint over the next month. I hope we lose every game and Sanchez looks like dogsh*t in the process.

I don't care if someone wants to call me a "bad fan".

It's what I truly want to happen.

That's the only way changes will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The Jags D is on par with the Cardinals offense. If Sanchez plays well this week, it does not prove Rex right, it does not mean Sanchez quieted critics, it does not mean Sanchez proved he deserved to start. ANYONE can play well against the Jags D, they are 2-10 and putrid, they make QB scrubs look like Pro Bowl-ers. If Sanchez can't play decent against them, he doesn't belong in the NFL period.

So he'll probably have a solid game and Rex will boast about how right he was and the faith he has in Mark. The whole situation is comical really...

It wasnt' a complicated or great defense that caused Sanchez to throw that INT against Seattle. That was all on him. As has been the case on a number of his boneheaded plays.

That's the first step

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez has never put 4 straight games of good football together. He is having trouble putting a few good downs together.

He will falter as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, it doesn't prove anything.

But Sanchez playing well over these next 4 games could lead to Woody giving Sanchez, Rex, and Tanny another year.

I hope we stink up the joint over the next month. I hope we lose every game and Sanchez looks like dogsh*t in the process.

I don't care if someone wants to call me a "bad fan".

It's what I truly want to happen.

That's the only way changes will be made.
    He'll screw up at some point the next 4 weeks. At the very least the Chargers have a good D that clearly has not quit on the season. They will torment Mark into mistakes. I could see him screwing up in other games too even facing mediocre Ds.

I see what you're saying about hoping for losses to bring about change. I'm more ambivalent at this point. The season ended officially for me with the Pats beatdown (although those who had any sense of this roster knew it was over way before that). This team is mired in mediocrity. The D is too good to collapse to the type of record that might bring about real major changes. 7-9 here we come, yay

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez has never put 4 straight games of good football together. He is having trouble putting a few good downs together.

He will falter as usual.
    The entire O, and ST punter aside, have played like S*it almost all year. A D can't work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

He will falter as usual.
    plus, his confidence has to be shot. he's got no weapons. he knows jet fans want him out. jax fans will be screaming for tebow. so yeah, maybe rex and co know what they're doing. they're basically giving him enough rope to hang himself. after he sucks in jax and gets yanked, that will show that the cardinals game wasn't a fluke.

Can't wait for the next postgame presser with Rex after we pull out a modest victory over the Jags (think 20-17 or something) with Sanchez throwing for like 180 yards and 1-2 TDs. Rex's defiance level will be through the roof, he'll talk up the Jags like they were the '85 Bears and act like Sanchez gave a performance worthy of immediate induction into Canton.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    plus, his confidence has to be shot. he's got no weapons. he knows jet fans want him out. jax fans will be screaming for tebow. so yeah, maybe rex and co know what they're doing. they're basically giving him enough rope to hang himself. after he sucks in jax and gets yanked, that will show that the cardinals game wasn't a fluke.
    Honestly, I think Kerley, and Hill are close to being a "middle of the pack" 1-2 punch. No, they are not top 5 WR's.

Kerley is a great player. I think on a different team, he would really excel this season. Maybe its Kerley and Co. that dont have any weapons to get them the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Honestly, I think Kerley, and Hill are close to being a "middle of the pack" 1-2 punch. No, they are not top 5 WR's.

Kerley is a great player. I think on a different team, he would really excel this season. Maybe its Kerley and Co. that dont have any weapons to get them the ball?
    but keller may not play, they don't have a #3 wr and greene can't catch. hill and kerley are ok but frankly that's about it. jax can cover those 2 guys and then what?

I wouldn't hold my breath on Sanchez rising to the challenge simply because he's getting another post-benching shot.

That factors that lead to the usual "2 INT's and at least one Fumble" performences of late were not changed by the benching.

If anything, expect a terrified sanchez desperate to not turn it over, thus leading to an endless assortment of 3-and-out posessions, and a very unproductive Jets passing game on Sunday.

He might suprise us, but it's be just that....a real suprise. I expect more typical Sanchez, no confidence, playing scared, poor vision and poor decision making, leading to low-scoring unproductivity.

But if McElroy played well it would mean something right?

lets call it like it is ... Woody's game plan is clearly to play sanchize unless he breaks his right arm, hoping he does well enough to dump for a high second round pick if we're lucky. otherwise his trade value is as bad as his ability to read a defense, find his wide open receivers and navigate in the pocket.

All Pro
    but keller may not play, they don't have a #3 wr and greene can't catch. hill and kerley are ok but frankly that's about it. jax can cover those 2 guys and then what?

Im curious if the Jets plan a "ground n pound" attack this week to help Sanchez a bit, OR just go with the normal gameplan.

I feel like weve been here before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    But if McElroy played well it would mean something right?
    yes, b/c he doesn't have 3 and a half years of starting. if mcelroy can succeed with an offense that sanchez can't, it would mean something.

Im curious if the Jets plan a "ground n pound" attack this week to help Sanchez a bit, OR just go with the normal gameplan.

I feel like weve been here before.
    IMO you can't keep starting a qb where the gameplan has to be modified b/c the coaching staff fears the qb will turn it over. don't play him then.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The whole situation is comical really...
    why is it so funny? A QB plays poorly and gets benched during the game. Pretty sure it happens at every level of football dozens of times on Saturdays and Sundays. Then he gets a chance to redeem himself.

not funny, really. pretty much football.

All Pro
    yes, b/c he doesn't have 3 and a half years of starting. if mcelroy can succeed with an offense that sanchez can't, it would mean something.
    I was pulling for GMac to start just for this reason.
    It would clarify the progress/lack there of of the other players on the offense, without the Sanchez factor being involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

They are in there 1st, and 2nd years, what the hell is wrong with you people. Check your roster we are young.

Sanchez has already played well against Jacksonville to the point where he should have been pulled, or running plays only but Plax needed stat padding. That's when Sanchez got sacked and I think he got injured there more than they ever let on and explains some of his problems after that.

If he plays worse against them this time compared to last what will that prove? That he's gotten worse? That he doesn't have the offensive weapons he had back then? The OC got worse? What if McElroy wins? What will that prove?