Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Sanchez plays well this week, it proves nothing

We know Sanchez can play well against terrible competition. We don't know what McElroy can provide. This would have been a great opportunity to find out, but as usual Rex & Co. are content to just tread water.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Sanchez rising to the challenge simply because he's getting another post-benching shot.

That factors that lead to the usual "2 INT's and at least one Fumble" performences of late were not changed by the benching.

If anything, expect a terrified sanchez desperate to not turn it over, thus leading to an endless assortment of 3-and-out posessions, and a very unproductive Jets passing game on Sunday.

He might suprise us, but it's be just that....a real suprise. I expect more typical Sanchez, no confidence, playing scared, poor vision and poor decision making, leading to low-scoring unproductivity.
    He's clearly not a good player, but he's not incapable of having a decent game, especially against a bad D. He played all right versus the Rams and that was only 3 weeks ago, it's not like we have to go back months to find something decent. I think you're underestimating how bad the Jags are... game-manager Schaub put up 530 yards on them

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They are in there 1st, and 2nd years, what the hell is wrong with you people. Check your roster we are young.
    Isnt Kerley in his 3rd?

Im confused...i was saying that i think they are a decent 1-2 punch (considering the injury to Santonio)

Do you not think they are talented enough for Sanchez?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    lets call it like it is ... Woody's game plan is clearly to play sanchize unless he breaks his right arm, hoping he does well enough to dump for a high second round pick if we're lucky. otherwise his trade value is as bad as his ability to read a defense, find his wide open receivers and navigate in the pocket.
    Then why did he say he wanted McElroy to start?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's clearly not a good player, but he's not incapable of having a decent game, especially against a bad D. He played all right versus the Rams and that was only 3 weeks ago, it's not like we have to go back months to find something decent. I think you're underestimating how bad the Jags are... game-manager Schaub put up 530 yards on them
    i'd like to see what game manager mcelroy can do.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'd like to see what game manager mcelroy can do.
    I would too. But from Rex's perspective, it's not like we have a Kaepernick type sitting on the bench that has amazing abilities and was a relatively high draft pick. McElroy is physically limited and a 7th round pick. He may not view McElroy as a guy with starter talent. Right or wrong, I'm sure that's what Rex is thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Then why did he say he wanted McElroy to start?
    maybe you'll get to see Mac after sahchez ****s the bed again

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, it doesn't prove anything.

But Sanchez playing well over these next 4 games could lead to Woody giving Sanchez, Rex, and Tanny another year.

I hope we stink up the joint over the next month. I hope we lose every game and Sanchez looks like dogsh*t in the process.

I don't care if someone wants to call me a "bad fan".

It's what I truly want to happen.

That's the only way changes will be made.
    I've said this lots of times, and I agree. We need to move on from Sanchez. He's already reached his ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I've said this lots of times, and I agree. We need to move on from Sanchez. He's already reached his ceiling.
    this is like when a girl stays with a guy even though she knows it won't work out, simply b/c it's easier. get a damn divorce already!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    maybe you'll get to see Mac after sahchez ****s the bed again
    Maybe. Maybe not, finding it hard to care either way. But Woody is on record saying he wants McElroy to start which sort of kills your thesis. And what coach/FO allows the owner's starting QB preference to be leaked to the public?

Maybe. Maybe not, finding it hard to care either way. But Woody is on record saying he wants McElroy to start which sort of kills your thesis. And what coach/FO allows the owner's starting QB preference to be leaked to the public?
    How can Rex/Tanny control what gets leaked about Woody to the press?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Isnt Kerley in his 3rd?

Im confused...i was saying that i think they are a decent 1-2 punch (considering the injury to Santonio)

Do you not think they are talented enough for Sanchez?
    They could be, I like them both. Kerley is a small target to hit though, and Hill, well will see Cumberlad idk. Sanchez needs someone to stretch the field that would open up more options with the run and the passes underneath, however, would he be provided the time by OL that kid Howard in his 3rd year is a wall.

All Pro
    How can Rex/Tanny control what gets leaked about Woody to the press?
    Why does he even have an opinion about who should start? Was his opinion actually solicited? Does someone actually care? Or did he insist on it being known? Either way, it's starting to show that this team's problems start at the very top.

not sure what we're disagreeing about, but Woody knows if Rex benches the Sanchize between now and the end of the season, for what would be a lost cause even if we are in the hunt, he'll be the highest UNTRADEABLE backup in the nfl

I'm in full agreement with the OP. The game plan this week will mirror St. Louis' (a game where Sanchez still managed to have two interceptions dropped) and he won't be asked to throw the ball more than 20x. This will prove nothing and will only hurt the organization moving forward.

Sucks.

If healthy you play Tebow from here on out.
    If he plays well maybe you can recoup some type of draft pick in the offseason....Maybe...

Sanchez will be on the roster next year, his contract makes him untradeable.
    If benched will he commit himself in the offseason to be a better player next year ?
    He should/will restructure his contract after the year he's had.
    He's got to know when he comes back next year, He'll be COMPETING for the a starters job.

McElroy will have the offseason to work on his mechanics,strength,playbook with the knowledge that he'll have a legitimate shot at seeing meaningful snaps next year.
    Starter begining the year...Probably not but
    Starter by midyear or earlier...Good possibility...

The Jags D is on par with the Cardinals offense. If Sanchez plays well this week, it does not prove Rex right, it does not mean Sanchez quieted critics, it does not mean Sanchez proved he deserved to start. ANYONE can play well against the Jags D, they are 2-10 and putrid, they make QB scrubs look like Pro Bowl-ers. If Sanchez can't play decent against them, he doesn't belong in the NFL period.

So he'll probably have a solid game and Rex will boast about how right he was and the faith he has in Mark. The whole situation is comical really...
    Sanchez is being played to try and improve his marketability in the offseason. If the Jets can somehow trade this guy and get themselves off the hook for a portion of his salary they can use the cap space to sign someone who might actually make the team better. Hence the decision to start Sanchez is a purely financial one. Rex didn't make the decision to start Sanchez, LOGIC made the decision for him.

First Woody wanted Tebow, now he wants McElroy. Seems he wants anyone but Sanchez at this point... Just like the fans.

The Jags D is on par with the Cardinals offense. If Sanchez plays well this week, it does not prove Rex right, it does not mean Sanchez quieted critics, it does not mean Sanchez proved he deserved to start. ANYONE can play well against the Jags D, they are 2-10 and putrid, they make QB scrubs look like Pro Bowl-ers. If Sanchez can't play decent against them, he doesn't belong in the NFL period.

So he'll probably have a solid game and Rex will boast about how right he was and the faith he has in Mark. The whole situation is comical really...
    EXACTLY

It's just like those Sanchez apologists that used to thump their chests and talk about 4 playoff wins. WTF difference does that make when you suck during the regular season? 4 full seasons now of garbage football, sorry, but I'll do without the washed up bum in Sanchez.