Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: NFL.com: Mark Sanchez, New York Jets doomed by lack of planning

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think all three are currently employed.

    What do people think of Bill Belichick at HC? How about a Jim Harbaugh/John Harbaugh combo deal?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Zimmer is not an HC last I checked, so he is fair game to be a HC this offseason. Turner is as good as gone. Arians will be back at OC and thus eligible to be a HC.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,621
    This thread needed Rah Rah to chime in. Now it can be closed.

    P.S. Sanchez sucks. To compare him to Grossman is an insult to Grossman. If Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, we're doomed to 8-8 or below every season he starts.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    This thread needed Rah Rah to chime in. Now it can be closed.

    P.S. Sanchez sucks. To compare him to Grossman is an insult to Grossman. If Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, we're doomed to 8-8 or below every season he starts.
    **** off! The thread, l ike many others, needs some sanity, not the complete doom and gloom hysteria and crap it's filled with now.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    **** off! The thread, l ike many others, needs some sanity, not the complete doom and gloom hysteria and crap it's filled with now.
    You're providing the "sanity" on this board... holy **** we are doomed !! That line of your's reminds of the "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" line. Complete horse **** !!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    You're providing the "sanity" on this board... holy **** we are doomed !! That line of your's reminds of the "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" line. Complete horse **** !!
    How does McElroy and Tebow give the team the best chance to win?

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How does McElroy and Tebow give the team the best chance to win?
    I don't think either of them do, but I'd like to see what McElroy has. Tebow = garbage (known fact). Sanchez = garbage (known fact). McElroy = ??

    Let the kid play and see if we have something. If not, draft a QB. What are wins going to do for us at this point in the season.

    Play ALL the young guys and see what we have.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I don't think either of them do, but I'd like to see what McElroy has. Tebow = garbage (known fact). Sanchez = garbage (known fact). McElroy = ??

    Let the kid play and see if we have something. If not, draft a QB. What are wins going to do for us at this point in the season.

    Play ALL the young guys and see what we have.
    I don't deny Sanchez has played like **** recently, and especially on Sunday, but there is more to my post than "rah rah," that is just unfair.

    Draft a QB? Sure, I guess. But this year's QB class is nothing close to last year. Is that really the direction we want at this point? Because of all that I mentioned, I don't think the team should yet give up on Sanchez.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How does McElroy and Tebow give the team the best chance to win?
    How can you have watched the arizona game and still ask this question? Same players, same offense playing the same exact defense.

    Mark Sanchez qb rating of 4. 3 turnovers.
    Greg McElroy qb rating of 96. 0 turnovers.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    How can you have watched the arizona game and still ask this question? Same players, same offense playing the same exact defense.

    Mark Sanchez qb rating of 4. 3 turnovers.
    Greg McElroy qb rating of 96. 0 turnovers.
    McElroy didn't really play QB... He handed the ball off and watched the RBs gain good yardage...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.
    I serioylsy question whether you have actually really watched sanchez through his career. I mean really watched. He has played great in a total of about 3-4 games in his career and has been garbage in many many more.

    He has gone south from year 2. He has proven that without a stacked team he is failure. He has proven that when shotty and the jets took off the training wheels in year 3 so he could actrually lead the team via the passing game he failed.

    He's the worst starting QB in the league. He has actually always been very overated in this league with people hanging everything he has done on 4 playoff games.

    Please for the love of god watch the guy and count all the bad play reads. All the missed wr, all the poor passes to go along with his devasting turnovers.

    Anyone that still thinks this dude is the future of the jets or even a passable player at qb is out of touch with reality.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    McElroy didn't really play QB... He handed the ball off and watched the RBs gain good yardage...
    Same thing they ask/want from Sanchez, but he's incapable of doing so.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Dear Mr. W. Johnson:
    Please fire Rex Ryan after this Sunday's game win lose or draw.

    Loyal 40ishFan.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Dear Mr. W. Johnson:
    Please fire Rex Ryan after this Sunday's game win lose or draw.

    Loyal 40ishFan.
    Where do I sign ??

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    How can you have watched the arizona game and still ask this question? Same players, same offense playing the same exact defense.

    Mark Sanchez qb rating of 4. 3 turnovers.
    Greg McElroy qb rating of 96. 0 turnovers.
    LOL you can't be serious?

    7 friggin pass attempts and you're pimping QB rating when all McElroy did was hand the ball off?

  15. #35
    OMG this article is great! They're the instant gratification babies of the NFL, wanting a quick fix for everything. They duct tape the team together, but eventually the duct tape loses its stickiness and the team falls apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Indeed in the past Jets management was poor, but they realized they were bad. These clowns actually think they know what they are doing and refuse to change!! The hubris evidenced form the Jets FO to the coaching staff is sickening and is a DISGRACE!!!
    Yeah, I don't get it. How can these clowns still believe they're doing things right?

    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's really simple as i see it. rex, tanny and sanchez either succeed or fail together. they either all stay or all go. rex doesn't care what mcelroy can and can't do b/c he won't be here to coach him. if sanchez does ok, they may stay but at this point, it's tough to see more than 1 of them here next year, and sanchez would stay only b/c of his contract.
    I think you're right. There's just one thing I don't understand ... well there's more than one thing, but right now I'll just stick to the one thing ... If Rex admitted that Sanchez was a mistake by BENCHING him and seeing what McElroy and Tebow can do, and if he gets wins out of Tebow and Mac, would Woody still fire him? I mean, head coaches have a learning curve, too. Can't Rex man up and bench Sanchez, then go to Woody and tell him that he's learned a valuable lesson and won't repeat that mistake again? Take responsibility for the mistake, for Gawd's sake - at least show that you're not so stubborn you can't learn from your mistakes, Rex. We all screw up. When I screw up at work and admit that I've screwed up but learned a valuable lesson, I don't get fired. Because I learn from my mistakes. Rex should try it sometime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I'll never understand how a quarterback who failed to put any points on the board in two separate games and through three quarters of a third game gives the Jets "the best chance to win."

    Would the other quarterbacks on the roster somehow score negative points?
    LMAO - that one has stymied me for a long, long time. How could anybody be worse than Sanchez? If Mac or Tebow can keep from fumbling the ball, that would already be an improvement over Sanchez. If Kerley was in at QB he'd do a better job protecting the ball than Sanchez. A QB who hasn't learned to protect the ball in 4 NFL seasons ain't gonna learn it ever. Not ever.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.
    completely agree with your post

  17. #37
    Sanchez is in his 4th year and still needs a "fire lit under his ass" to get him to stop turning the ball over; know when to just throw the ball away; not run into his lineman's ass?


  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.

    if like you say the plan was to get younger,rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive why was Rex telling us before the season this might be his best team ever?

    you say they had some kind of plan, but the head coach who is in charge of this so called plan thinks he has a team for the SB...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    if like you say the plan was to get younger,rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive why was Rex telling us before the season this might be his best team ever?

    you say they had some kind of plan, but the head coach who is in charge of this so called plan thinks he has a team for the SB...
    Because he is doing what every coach feels and wants to instill in his team to start the year, a belief, a mindset. Did you expect him to announce to the fanbase, "hey guys, it's a new year, but we are going to take a step back to get better for tr long term?"

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.
    Ray, I don't understand your argument. Sanchez will be on the team next year, regardless of who coaches it. He will have every opportunity to compete and beat out whoever they put him up against.

    IMO Sanchez and the jets are best served by sitting him till the last game of the season. Let him get his head together, review the films of his mistakes over the next month and then let him play against a team in the Bills who he has had success against and knows their tendencies.

    To throw Sanchez to the wolves when he is playing like crap, regardless of his supporting cast, HIS play has been bad. It also gives the jets the benefit of seeing in McCelroy is a legitimate B/U QB and gives him some valuable game time experience. If my premise is understood, then the article is correct in the jets taking a short term approach and not looking or behaving in the best interest of the team long term.

    At this point I think it is safe to say that Sanchez will never be more than an average NFL qb. But the jets have proved that with an average nfl qb surrounded by top talent elsewhere, they can have some measure of success.

    Your willingness to throw him out there when it is so apparent that he is struggling and at the same time defending him by pointing out the sad cast of characters he is surrounded by confuses me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us