Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFL.com: Mark Sanchez, New York Jets doomed by lack of planning

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    When I watched the MNF game I saw receivers helping out the QB. Cruz ran to the first down marker and stopped with two defenders on him. They were standing in front of him when he slid two steps to the left to uncover himself and Eli threw the ball going left toward the center of the field. Cruz caught the ball while still going left. His sliding left signaled to Eli to throw to his left. When is the last time the Jet receivers did the same for Sanchez. Sometimes its the little things that help the QB.

A Jets fan that gets it!!!!

Finally!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I watched the MNF game I saw receivers helping out the QB. Cruz ran to the first down marker and stopped with two defenders on him. They were standing in front of him when he slid two steps to the left to uncover himself and Eli threw the ball going left toward the center of the field. Cruz caught the ball while still going left. His sliding left signaled to Eli to throw to his left. When is the last time the Jet receivers did the same for Sanchez. Sometimes its the little things that help the QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Finally!

Oh, you mean like when Hill found that open area behind everyone in the end zone?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally!
    This from the guy who spent months trying to convince everyone that the Jets had a solid receiving corps. That Kerley, Schilens and Hill were great depth, despite less than 100 catches between them.

You're so busy tripping all over yourself to defend everything NYJ that you're forgetting to defend the entire team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Oh, you mean like when Hill found that open area behind everyone in the end zone?

If Hill had been a more established player, and provided more trust, Sanchez hits him every time.

Even the better QB's in the game miss open targets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This from the guy who spent months trying to convince everyone that the Jets had a solid receiving corps. That Kerley, Schilens and Hill were great depth, despite less than 100 catches between them.

You're so busy tripping all over yourself to defend everything NYJ that you're forgetting to defend the entire team.
    Yes, a WR unit of Holmes, Hill, Kerley is formidable based on potential, it was always potenial, but Hill was always going to be a raw player this year. Pretty sure I never said "great" depth.

But nice try putting words in my mouth because it kills you that I don't bash Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez got Butt tackled and fumbled because he forgot the play??????

I think It's time to see what McElroy brings to the table.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the better QB's in the game miss open targets.
    Yeah, but with Sanchez, its several times a game, EVERY game. Its over. His time may not be over, as he will probably be here next year, but Sanchez and playoff victories are part of Jets history, not their future.

He will be here next year with a fan base that has no confidence in him anymore.