Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: NFL.com: Mark Sanchez, New York Jets doomed by lack of planning

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because he is doing what every coach feels and wants to instill in his team to start the year, a belief, a mindset. Did you expect him to announce to the fanbase, "hey guys, it's a new year, but we are going to take a step back to get better for tr long term?"
    Why not? You think he is the first coach ever to say the team is rebuilding? The Media questioned BB on letting Anderson and Carter walk last year after they combined for 21 sacks, he said they needed to get younger. Same thing with Seymour and Samuel. Sometimes the fans need to be told bad news. "No one" is going to cancel their season tickets because the team goes from 8-8 to 6-10.
    You don't think fans could see that the LBs were aging and the oline needed to be rebuilt.

    Both you and I and all the fans of both the jets and pats suffered thru 1-15 seasons. Nobody runs away.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why not? You think he is the first coach ever to say the team is rebuilding? The Media questioned BB on letting Anderson and Carter walk last year after they combined for 21 sacks, he said they needed to get younger. Same thing with Seymour and Samuel. Sometimes the fans need to be told bad news. "No one" is going to cancel their season tickets because the team goes from 8-8 to 6-10.
    You don't think fans could see that the LBs were aging and the oline needed to be rebuilt.

    Both you and I and all the fans of both the jets and pats suffered thru 1-15 seasons. Nobody runs away.
    You're ruining Rah Rah's plan of sweeping this all under the rug.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    When I said that the Jets had no plan going back two years ago I was pillared by the yahoos out here who said that because the Jets management made a lot of money they must have known what they are doing?

    Well guess what? They DONíT!!!!!

    The Jets are clueless to a fault and the fact that their so called coaching is actually ruining players and their development the longer they are with the team, in general, tells you all you need to know about these clowns!!!!

    Quite frankly the Jets from the top down are a JOKE!!!!!

    And as a lifelong Jets fan since 1968; I can say the incompetence of the current Jets' management has never been WORSE!!!! NEVER!!!!

    Indeed in the past Jets management was poor, but they realized they were bad. These clowns actually think they know what they are doing and refuse to change!! The hubris evidenced form the Jets FO to the coaching staff is sickening and is a DISGRACE!!!

    Good Grief.....
    I was one of those people that completely disagreed with you. "These are professionals and getting paid a lot of money to do their job properly - they must have a plan"

    By the looks of it, I was clearly wrong.

    1) Both Rex and Tanny are terrible talent evaluators
    2) They've made moves year-in and year-out to dig a deeper salary cap hole - with no eye on the future
    3) They're playing players to protect themselves rather than what's best for the franchise.

    I have no other recourse than to come to this basic conclusion...

    Both Tannenbaum and Ryan are incompetent in their current roles.

  4. #44
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tim couch, rick mirer and joey harrington. didn't the announcer last week say that sanchez reminds him of harrington? that's who sanchez is. nobody in the jets org. can admit he stinks. now they're losing the younger fans to the giants and the older ones have nearly had it as well.
    You are 100% correct! Especially about losing the younger fans and us long time older fans who are season ticket holders.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rex and Tannenclown, we are a rutterless sinking ship.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    You are 100% correct! Especially about losing the younger fans and us long time older fans who are season ticket holders.
    it's not just that the team is bad. they're unwatchable. they can't score. they don't have exciting young players. they're not 'cool' anymore. they're embarassing. who wants to buy jets stuff? i'm raising my kids to be giants fans, i can't do this to the next generation.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not just that the team is bad. they're unwatchable. they can't score. they don't have exciting young players. they're not 'cool' anymore. they're embarassing. who wants to buy jets stuff? i'm raising my kids to be giants fans, i can't do this to the next generation.
    Everyone including myself are disappointed with this year. No doubt. It can be fixed, though. There are of good players on this roster on both sides of the ball. Yes, they have to get the QB position fixed, and yes they need to add some offensive playmakers...but I think the majority here are overreacting.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not just that the team is bad. they're unwatchable. they can't score. they don't have exciting young players. they're not 'cool' anymore. they're embarassing. who wants to buy jets stuff? i'm raising my kids to be giants fans, i can't do this to the next generation.
    oh and btw, I got some real neat Jets stuff on sale this week. Very sharp, and I'll be proud as hell to wear them.

    my kids too.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    oh and btw, I got some real neat Jets stuff on sale this week. Very sharp, and I'll be proud as hell to wear them.

    my kids too.
    good for you. i've watched this team with unwavering passion and frustration for 35+ years and i see a team with a dysfunctional front office and a history of mediocrity.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    good for you. i've watched this team with unwavering passion and frustration for 35+ years and i see a team with a dysfunctional front office and a history of mediocrity.
    same here. I'm 46, and fell in love with our shiny new 1st round QB in Richard Todd... 35 years sound about right.... hang in there.

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    same here. I'm 46, and fell in love with our shiny new 1st round QB in Richard Todd... 35 years sound about right.... hang in there.
    You root for a team...period

    I went to 16 home games during 95 and 96 ...the Kotite Error
    Compared with that the last 3+ years have been a great ride

    I invite as many of the Joe Benigno Mike Greenberg types to leap off and go away forever

    There will be plenty enough loyal diehard Jet fans left to keep things afloat and then enjoy the fruits of their loyalty when we get back on track and finally reach the promised land again

    JET FANS UNITED




    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You root for a team...period

    I went to 16 home games during 95 and 96 ...the Kotite Error
    Compared with that the last 3+ years have been a great ride

    I invite as many of the Joe Benigno Mike Greenberg types to leap off and go away forever

    There will be plenty enough loyal diehard Jet fans left to keep things afloat and then enjoy the fruits of their loyalty when we get back on track and finally reach the promised land again

    JET FANS UNITED



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I do find it interesting how some guys claim to have been a fan for 30 plus years are saying if so and so is back or if so and so isnt fired, I will no longer root for the team. Either you are a fan or you are not. Its a football team, its entertainment, if people want to give up because a particular coach isnt fired, then I guess they werent really a fan to begin with.

  13. #53
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what reason are the Jets playing Sanchez instead of McElroy against Jacksonville this weekend. What is it gonna prove? We already know he can beat a lousy team with a lousy defense. He has proven that much. Is Rex starting him because he doesn't want to hurt his feelings? Oh poor Mark and his 8 million per year. We don't want to upset poor Mark. Well Mark is rich not poor and if they have to coddle this guy then he isn't the guy I want QBing this team.
    Mark has already failed. We all know that. It's not a secret. He had weapons last season and failed. Also why does Rex have to consult all personnel in the organization to make this decision. Is he a complete moron? Anybody knows when the season is basically over you start a McElroy and see what he's got. Remember Tanny drafted him too. If McElroy turns into the next Tom Brady guess who gets the credit - good old Mr. T does. So Mr T will be 1-1. One bad pick and one good pick if McElroy pans out. But at least we find out if they play McElroy the last 4 games. It's a no brainier in my opinion. You start McElroy!

  14. #54
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    What do people think of Bruce Arians at HC? How about a Mike Zimmer/Norv Turner combo deal?
    Listen. If you bring Norv Turner here he will be the next HC of the Jets. He is like a virus infecting a clean computer. He must have an infectious personality to keep getting HC jobs in the NFL and keeping them a lot longer than he should. He couldn't do a thing with Alex Smith and we have our own worse version. I want no part of Norv in any form. Keep him away from this organization. He is this era's version of Kotite.

  15. #55
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.
    When I watched the MNF game I saw receivers helping out the QB. Cruz ran to the first down marker and stopped with two defenders on him. They were standing in front of him when he slid two steps to the left to uncover himself and Eli threw the ball going left toward the center of the field. Cruz caught the ball while still going left. His sliding left signaled to Eli to throw to his left. When is the last time the Jet receivers did the same for Sanchez. Sometimes its the little things that help the QB.

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tim couch, rick mirer and joey harrington. didn't the announcer last week say that sanchez reminds him of harrington? that's who sanchez is. nobody in the jets org. can admit he stinks. now they're losing the younger fans to the giants and the older ones have nearly had it as well.
    Sanchez is an anomaly however. None of those guys won 4 playoff games in 2 years. Sanchez isn't as bad as those guys ... he's outplayed pro bowl QB's in certain moments. Those guys were god awful. Sanchez still can steer the ship in a better direction but how about giving him some real offensive weapons?

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Sanchez is an anomaly however. None of those guys won 4 playoff games in 2 years. Sanchez isn't as bad as those guys ... he's outplayed pro bowl QB's in certain moments. Those guys were god awful. Sanchez still can steer the ship in a better direction but how about giving him some real offensive weapons?
    Please, Sanchez went along for a ride. That is the only reason he is an anomaly. The team carried him and the results of not having a superior team behind him lays bear his shortcomings. He is a better qb than what his is playing like at this time, but he is not going to get any better than his average play over the last 4 years.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.
    Ray please I love you to death I do and I agree with 97% of what you say out here and in this post and I have been insulted to no end for saying Sanchez's talent is poor and it has effected his play....

    But come on man!!!!!!

    You mean the fact that HUNTER sucks and might continue to suck this year based on last year was a total surprize to the Jets FO and coaching staff!!!

    That Tanny extened Sanchez's contract, when there was no market for him!!! ( And please remember I am a Sanchez supporter, or was of giving him a fair shot with quality players around him)

    That getting Mason and Buress might not work out when one was considered to OLD by his previous team and the other had just spent two years in JAIL for shooting himself!!!!

    That the Jets are relying on "I can't stay healthy Schilens" and are surprized that maybe just maybe he is hurt time and time again!!!!

    That retaining an obviously incompetent QB coach in Cavanaugh was NOT the thing to do for a STRUGGLING young QB!!!!

    That Ryan saying after a Pats game that Sanchez calling a time out was the worst play in NFL history (guess he didn't see Butt-Gate Yet!!!) but having not one word to say about Scott's incompetent, "I can't make a tackle play"....

    Enough with this NONSENSE!!!!

    I have college FRESHMAN who wouldn't be this Silly at running this team!!!!

    It is a DISGRACE pure and simple!!!! and

    GOOD GRIEF!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    i perfectly understand having some sympathy for sanchez. and i also understand making excuses for him. but schitty had the same problem and the same things were said about him as he headed out the door. i'm willing to give sanchez the benefit of the doubt and say there are good reasons for him starting in jax. but at the same time, when is he ever going to make the people around him play better? no keller? boo hoo. no holmes? boo hoo. he has other guys to throw to and they aren't the reason why he was picked twice by hollywood or ran into moore against the patsies or threw the pick in the texan and patsie game or all of the other times he made a turnover while the team was in good position to get points.

    the game is all about inspiration and desire as much as it is about x's and o's. the team was enlivened when mcelroy came in. greene and powell both cut right through the cardinal defense. mcelroy evaded what pressure there was and made some good plays. i doubt if sanchez would have made the same.

    if i had to pick the one greatest problem the past few seasons it's the jets trading up to get guys like sanchez and then drafting a guy like gholsten. those two transactions translate into three payers who should be able to play much better than what they got.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ the media piling on, they have all the answers.

    Sanchez is saved only because the Jets are on the road, they have the #28 and #26 defenses, so the built in excuses already being made if Sanchez dares to recover.

    It's not like he hasn't been in the league for 4 years, has 4 playoff game victories, multiple come-from-behind victories, and a body of work that he HAS proved in the past he CAN do it.

    Nevermind the injuries the fact that the Jets have no playmaker on offense right now.

    Ask yourselves, who on this team is Sanchez' go to target? Who is that safety valve? With Holmes out most of the year, Keller out most of the year, who has been that player? Do the same with the rest of the league, look at the successful teams who are the playmakers, the go to player? When Holmes went down, when Keller went out, those two were the players, the rest were supposed to be pieces. Hill is a piece right now, he's too young. Kerley, a piece. Schilens, a veteran player, a piece. Sanchez has new players in and out of the line-up every week it seems. Who can he trust? Who can he trust to be where they need to be on the football field?

    Why are so many blinded by all of this, all year long, and only revel in hating on the player that has less than a half a deck to play with? And I don't want to hear **** about Tannenbaum, these injuries weren't part of the plan, at WR, at TE, at RB, up and down the depth chart, all year long. It started with Baker, then Keller before the season started. All 3 of his top WR's all missed most of training camp to injuries, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, Hill too for a portion, but he's a rookie.

    Too many are piling on Sanchez, now the media has a genius response, the Jets had no plan.

    No, they had a plan, they all got hurt. The plan was to get younger, i.e. Hill and Kerley. With Holmes as the #1, Hill and Kerley were supposed to fall in line. Holmes goes down, that was a huge loss. The plan was to drop the deadweight and cancer, i.e. Burress. Take a flier on a young veteran with potential, i.e. Schilens to help fill the gap left by Burress last year, and Edwards the year before. The team has a cap to contend with, they tried to get young, rebuild through the draft, while trying to say competitive. Hill has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet, not for primetime. But everybody wants to pile on Sanchez.

    You all want McElroy in there? Really? Sure, he'll provide a spark, then what? You all saw how the passing game came to a halt because McElroy can't stretch the field. Defenses will catch up real quick on that. Tebow? LOL.

    Sanchez is still just 26 years old. His confidence is shot, sure, he has no chemistry and nobody to trust. He's trying to make plays, but he's trying too hard, and he's making bad decisions.

    Now we get to see what he's made of, we get to see how he responds. IMO, that is a big test, a good test, for him, for the team, for the fans.

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    much as i would like to see mcelroy, sanchez still gives the jets the best chance to win. if sanchez stinks it up then mcelroy can still come in. there's a lot of football left and 9-7 might just get them in.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    For what reason are the Jets playing Sanchez instead of McElroy against Jacksonville this weekend. What is it gonna prove? We already know he can beat a lousy team with a lousy defense. He has proven that much. Is Rex starting him because he doesn't want to hurt his feelings? Oh poor Mark and his 8 million per year. We don't want to upset poor Mark. Well Mark is rich not poor and if they have to coddle this guy then he isn't the guy I want QBing this team.
    Mark has already failed. We all know that. It's not a secret. He had weapons last season and failed. Also why does Rex have to consult all personnel in the organization to make this decision. Is he a complete moron? Anybody knows when the season is basically over you start a McElroy and see what he's got. Remember Tanny drafted him too. If McElroy turns into the next Tom Brady guess who gets the credit - good old Mr. T does. So Mr T will be 1-1. One bad pick and one good pick if McElroy pans out. But at least we find out if they play McElroy the last 4 games. It's a no brainier in my opinion. You start McElroy!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us