Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Eric Chavez signs with Arizona

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Eric Chavez signs with Arizona

    Hmm. Jeff Keppinger also signed with the White Sox

    Who the hell is going to play 3B for us?

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Youkilis is the buzz.




    -

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Youkilis is the buzz.




    -
    Buzz is he's about to go home and reunite with Francona in Cleveland. Makes too much sense. He's from Ohio and loves Francona.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Could #Yankees lose on Ibanez too? Source says #Mariners, #Rangers, #Phillies all have expressed interest.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 12-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Buster_ESPN
    The Yankees never made an offer to Jeff Keppinger.
    So no offer was made to Keppinger, Chavez, or Martin.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Joelsherman1
    #Yankees have been talking to Mark Reynolds reps about 3B. He is bad fielder, Ks ton, but huge power as NYY know 1st hand from last yr

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steinbrenners have become tight wads.... Losing Chavez for $3MM/1yr is beyond cheap.... we spend over $100k on season tix for the Yanks, may have to rethink that.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Underreported story, but there is essentially a salary cap in baseball starting next year. Yankees need to be at $189 million to be under under it.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanks are going to sign Reynolds. It's heatiing up right now.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Yanks are going to sign Reynolds. It's heatiing up right now.
    I can't think of a worst option at 3B than Mark Reynolds.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...eynoma01.shtml

    He proved to be a solid 1B last year, but he's a butcher at 3B. He's led baseball in strikeouts 4 of the last 6 years.. He's a career .235 hitter, who only gets on baseball at a .332 clip. He hits home runs, that's it. If you like the season Granderson had at the plate last season, you'll love Reynolds.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 12-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being reported the Yanks have offered Youk a 1 year 12 million dollar contract.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    I can't think of a worst option at 3B than Mark Reynolds.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...eynoma01.shtml

    He proved to be a solid 1B last year, but he's a butcher at 3B. He's led baseball in strikeouts 4 of the last 6 years.. He's a career .235 hitter, who only gets on baseball at a .332 clip. He hits home runs, that's it. If you like the season Granderson had at the plate last season, you'll love Reynolds.
    He's hit 221 the last 2 years. Not even great power last year. Not the fielder Granderson is, not the power either. A true mistake hitter that any good pitcher will get out.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Buzz is he's about to go home and reunite with Francona in Cleveland. Makes too much sense. He's from Ohio and loves Francona.
    not unless they give him $13,000,000.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us