Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: "Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out"

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    Posts
    244

    "Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out"

    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...now-support-us

    "By FOX 2 News Staff

    DETROIT (WJBK) -- The city of Detroit faces a major financial crisis and one member of city council thinks President Barack Obama should step in and help.

    City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month's election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city. (Click the video player to listen)

    "Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

    Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.

    "After the election of Jimmy Carter, the honorable Coleman Alexander Young, he went to Washington, D.C. He came home with some bacon," said Watson. "That's what you do."

    Young served as Detroit's mayor for 20 years and served as vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 1977 to 1981.

    The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.

    The federal government has bailed out cities in the past, however. In 1975, President Gerald Ford extended more than $2 billion in credit to New York City to help it avoid a financial collapse."

    mmmmm bacon!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by VonRotten View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...now-support-us

    "By FOX 2 News Staff

    DETROIT (WJBK) -- The city of Detroit faces a major financial crisis and one member of city council thinks President Barack Obama should step in and help.

    City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month's election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city. (Click the video player to listen)

    "Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

    Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.

    "After the election of Jimmy Carter, the honorable Coleman Alexander Young, he went to Washington, D.C. He came home with some bacon," said Watson. "That's what you do."

    Young served as Detroit's mayor for 20 years and served as vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 1977 to 1981.

    The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.

    The federal government has bailed out cities in the past, however. In 1975, President Gerald Ford extended more than $2 billion in credit to New York City to help it avoid a financial collapse."

    mmmmm bacon!
    At least this person spoke honestly, just like the Obama phone woman and the woman that thought Obama was going to pay her mortgage and for her gas after 2008. This is how a lot of people think, they are dumb enough to put it into words.

  3. #3
    "I'm lining up for the Obama money".
    "Free money from our fine black president".

    Actual quotes heard on the news. "Mainstream", not FOX.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    Posts
    244
    I liked the part about the Whitehouse expressing no plans to bail the city out...Nice to see that not everyone will get a payback....

  5. #5
    BRING BACK COLEMAN YOUNG!!!!
    HNIC!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    When cows fly dumbass. You and your constituents are getting payback for years of handouts. For whom the bell tolls for you Detroit it tolls.

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    Posts
    244
    Well she doesn't need anymore bacon, that's for sure....

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,793
    The Pubs losing to this guy is like the Yankees losing to the Pirates.

    Bunch if f*cking losers. You suck. No one likes you. Lmao!!!


    Sent from a phone using an app

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,793
    LOL. At least this guy comes out and admits it. We all know why Obama was elected and why he does well in certain parts of the country.

    That gov't nipple is Oh So Good!!!!

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,507
    Wait wait wait... I thought Obama SAVED Detroit. Biden said so during the campaign.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The Pubs losing to this guy is like the Yankees losing to the Pirates.

    Bunch if f*cking losers. You suck. No one likes you. Lmao!!!
    This analogy only works if the moronic half-witted leech ignoramus fans in the stands voted on the game's winning score. But I'll grant you that Obama is equivalent to the suckiest baseball team on the planet.

    We'll split the difference.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,793
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    This analogy only works if the moronic half-witted leech ignoramus fans in the stands voted on the game's winning score. But I'll grant you that Obama is equivalent to the suckiest baseball team on the planet.

    We'll split the difference.
    The Pats cheated!


    Sent from a phone using an app

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    This analogy only works if the moronic half-witted leech ignoramus fans in the stands voted on the game's winning score. But I'll grant you that Obama is equivalent to the suckiest baseball team on the planet.

    We'll split the difference.
    ps No offense to the intelligent and well-meaning yet horribly misguided (IMO) folks who voted against Ameri -- sorry -- I mean voted for Obama.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,785
    As if the every other President in history did not “help out” their constituents.

    Have you forgotten that George Bush almost immediately started filling the strategic petroleum reserve (and driving up the cost of gas)?

    Or that The Pentagon Budget went from $300 billion to $650 billion during President Bush II’s 8 years?

    How about Mitt “I’ll give you a 20% tax cut but balancing the budget is the most iportant thing” Romney?

    PS... I supported filling the reserve but oh my, folks who voted For President Bush made a little more cash that year.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    As if the every other President in history did not “help out” their constituents.

    Have you forgotten that George Bush...
    Classic.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Classic.
    Painful truth?

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The Pats cheated!


    Sent from a phone using an app
    Next time I have to drop my kid off at the Buffalo Naval Base, we gotta connect for a massive liquid braincell holocaust. Talk politics and such. At least until some broad with big cans walks into the bar. I gotta find out what the hell I'm missing here

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,793
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Next time I have to drop my kid off at the Buffalo Naval Base, we gotta connect for a massive liquid braincell holocaust. Talk politics and such. At least until some broad with big cans walks into the bar. I gotta find out what the hell I'm missing here
    Lol!

    Definitely. My house is always open! I'd like to find out more about the Naval Academy too.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Painful truth?
    More like default excuse.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    More like default excuse.
    Excuse?

    It is the truth. every President/Governor/Mayor has done it. It aint pretty but it is the truth.

    You think the Koch Brothers donate tens of millions of dollars to political candidates because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside?

    You think Hollywood studios donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to politicians just for the heck of it?

    You think President Obama is the first and only President to "help out" his constituants?

    Really?

    Do you think President Obama is an Evil, "moslem", anti-christ, communist too?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us