Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This tells me a couple things.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This tells me a couple things.

1. The growing concept of money>>>>>winning. And its not just the Jets. The Cowboys have done it forever and college football is getting into the act as well.

2. It makes me still leery of firing Rex Ryan if they end up 7-9 or over. I just go back to when the Chargers fired Marty after 14-2 and have done nothing with Norv Turner since. Unless Rex has a bomb of a season, then there is no point in firing him, Plus we would have to start over which would take another few years.

3. Mark will have a very short leash on him Sunday.

4. Anyone saying Rex is stupid for doing this should refer to the first point.

5. I'm now completely convinced that Woody Johnson was solely behind the Tim Tebow signing. And Tim also is to blame because he could have gone to Jacksonville and he chose not to.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares if we have to start over?

I'd rather start over than continue to tread water with a bunch of clueless jackasses running the operation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I'd rather start over than continue to tread water with a bunch of clueless jackasses running the operation.
    But again I point back to the Chargers and Marty. If we are going to fire Rex, we better be sure we dont get a Rich Kotite in return.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have started McElroy, but I can understand the reasoning for going back to Sanchez.

Lets hope he straightens out and we finish strong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever thought maybe just maybe Rex was behind the decision to get Tebow simply because he thought Tebow would be a weapon in the wildcat? Has that crossed anyone's mind?

This repeating theme that Rex must not have wanted Tebow here because he hasn't started him is beyond foolish. Think for a second folks. Rex never brought him here to start. He brought him here for the WILDCAT. Get it into your brains. Rex not wanting to start Tebow has absolutely nothing to do with Rex not wanting him here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But again I point back to the Chargers and Marty. If we are going to fire Rex, we better be sure we dont get a Rich Kotite in return.
    The Chargers fired Marty after a 14-2 season.

The Jets would be firing Rex after missing the playoffs two years in a row and once again failing to adapt to the offensive side of the ball.

I don't see how the situations are remotely comparable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole notion of setting the franchise back for years if there is a change at HC and GM is simply false. This roster needs to be upgraded regardless of the coach or GM, Keeping the existing coach and GM is not going to speed up that process. If anything, this franchise in recent history has performed its best when making a change. See Mangini and Rex's first seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not for firing Rex, his record does not warrant that. Go back and look at Kubiak's first 4 seasons with the Texans and compare it to Rex's, now look at where the Texans are.

This season isn't over yet, though the playoffs don't appear to be in the cards, they can still finish strong.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I'm not for firing Rex, his record does not warrant that. Go back and look at Kubiak's first 4 seasons with the Texans and compare it to Rex's, now look at where the Texans are.

This season isn't over yet, though the playoffs don't appear to be in the cards, they can still finish strong.
    The Texans were a sadsack organization when Kubiak took over.

Rex took over a team that was basically loaded aside from the QB position and was expected to make a run at the playoffs from the get-go.

Of course Kubiak gets more leeway.

Not to mention Kubiak has never turned his team into a circus act or guaranteed Superbowl victories only to have the team totally unprepared half the time.

And what does a strong finish to the season with no playoff birth get us? A cookie?

All it does is take us out of position to draft a blue chip prospect and force us to witness another year of Rex calling the shots, Tanny making personell decisions, Sparano running an inept offense and Mark Suckchez orchestrating said offense.

F*ck that noise
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Has anyone ever thought maybe just maybe Rex was behind the decision to get Tebow simply because he thought Tebow would be a weapon in the wildcat? Has that crossed anyone's mind?

This repeating theme that Rex must not have wanted Tebow here because he hasn't started him is beyond foolish. Think for a second folks. Rex never brought him here to start. He brought him here for the WILDCAT. Get it into your brains. Rex not wanting to start Tebow has absolutely nothing to do with Rex not wanting him here.
    That is true. The problem is that Tebow has been ineffective at that as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex took over a team that was basically loaded aside from the QB position and was expected to make a run at the playoffs from the get-go.

Not to mention Kubiak has never turned his team into a circus act or guaranteed Superbowl victories only to have the team totally unprepared half the time.
    Loaded is a bit of a stretch. Manigni's record with the Jets. 23-25. Including the year after his 10-6 debut, he went 4-12 which led to the Gholston debacle.

And he did not say anything this year. He's been quiet this year
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

And what does a strong finish to the season with no playoff birth get us? A cookie?

All it does is take us out of position to draft a blue chip prospect and force us to witness another year of Rex calling the shots, Tanny making personell decisions, Sparano running an inept offense and Mark Suckchez orchestrating said offense.

F*ck that noise
    Rex can coach, I don't agree with you or the fact that the Jets were loaded with talent prior to Rex's arrival.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious with this garbage? St louis, Arizona, Jax, Tenn, Chargers and Buffalo. Notre Dame would finish strong with this schedule.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex can coach, I don't agree with you or the fact that the Jets were loaded with talent prior to Rex's arrival.
    He's a better head coach than his father was, that's for sure.

Randall Cunningham
    Cris Carter
    Reggie White
    Jerome Brown

Nothing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    On offense: Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Jones, Leon, Cotchery, Keller, Richardson

On defense: Revis, Jenkins, Harris, Rhodes, Pace, Pouha, Devito

I'd say that's a pretty damn sweet setup. Certainly a helluva lot better than what Mangini initially had to work with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Are you serious with this garbage? St louis, Arizona, Jax, Tenn, Chargers and Buffalo. Notre Dame would finish strong with this schedule.
    Exactly. So if they fail down this stretch, its an easier decision to fire him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    On offense: Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Jones, Leon, Cotchery, Keller, Richardson

On defense: Revis, Jenkins, Harris, Rhodes, Pace, Pouha, Devito

I'd say that's a pretty damn sweet setup. Certainly a helluva lot better than what Mangini initially had to work with.
    Then how did Mangini fail? 23-25 including a 4-12 season

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Then how did Mangini fail? 23-25 including a 4-12 season
    I don't know, the 4-12 season might've had something to do with our starting QB going down for most of the season and the fact that we had Kevan Barlow as our starting RB with Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement rounding out the OL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, the 4-12 season might've had something to do with our starting QB going down for most of the season and the fact that we had Kevan Barlow as our starting RB with Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement rounding out the OL.
    So being supposedly "loaded" doesn't always lead to wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to use injuries as an excuse, this team lost it's most talented defensive and offensive players early in the season.