Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This tells me a couple things.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Has anyone ever thought maybe just maybe Rex was behind the decision to get Tebow simply because he thought Tebow would be a weapon in the wildcat? Has that crossed anyone's mind?

This repeating theme that Rex must not have wanted Tebow here because he hasn't started him is beyond foolish. Think for a second folks. Rex never brought him here to start. He brought him here for the WILDCAT. Get it into your brains. Rex not wanting to start Tebow has absolutely nothing to do with Rex not wanting him here.
    My theory:

In 2009 Tannenbaum told Woody that the crazy spending on every free agent out there and deferring all those contracts was going to sell a lot of PSL's but put the team in a bad cap hole by 2012.

Woody told Tannenbaum and that he understood and wouldn't hold him accountable when the piper needed to be paid a few years after the stadium opened.

Rex Ryan knew what was going on, wanted to win on defense, wanted to protect his reputation as a defensive genius, loaded up every one of the scarce draft picks and free agent signings on defense.

Woody, Mike, and Rex all knew how tough it was going to be on offense this season as a result of their freewheeling 2009-2011 days and put up a Hail Mary on Tebow thinking perhaps he could score some points as well as sell some seats.

If there isn't something this sinister going on there's only one other explanation: They are a bunch of idiots.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    This whole notion of setting the franchise back for years if there is a change at HC and GM is simply false. This roster needs to be upgraded regardless of the coach or GM, Keeping the existing coach and GM is not going to speed up that process. If anything, this franchise in recent history has performed its best when making a change. See Mangini and Rex's first seasons.
    The problem is our strategy which calls for us to be the '85 Bears on defense and the '59 Packers on offense, completely ignores the passing game.

Ryan has to go at the very least because he can't win it offensively. Tannenbaum has proven that he can draft well; only Woody knows how involved Rex has been in the recent disaster's in April.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He's a better head coach than his father was, that's for sure.

Randall Cunningham
    Cris Carter
    Reggie White
    Jerome Brown

Nothing.
    You are correct. Rex is a better HC than his father, and is says a lot about him that he is sticking with Sanchez. As I jave posted previously, I would have switched to McElroy, but I understand the thought process of starting Sanchez. I hope Mark responds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The problem is our strategy which calls for us to be the '85 Bears on defense and the '59 Packers on offense, completely ignores the passing game.

Ryan has to go at the very least because he can't win it offensively. Tannenbaum has proven that he can draft well; only Woody knows how involved Rex has been in the recent disaster's in April.

SAR I
    Unless Mike Martz could run the offense...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares if we have to start over?

I'd rather start over than continue to tread water with a bunch of clueless jackasses running the operation.
    We all see and know that Sanchez has regressed this season..Why?? Make changes to try and correct that and see what happens next yr..As we all know he's guaranteed $8M+ anyway..And the thing to remember is precedence has been set now, Rex will yank him (if Rex is back next year)..And if Rex isn't back next year the new HC isn't married to Sanchez...

So to try and straighten Sanchez out, bring in a respected OC / QB coach..Whomever the HC is...Shore up the OL (possibly Jake Long as a RT, if healthy) and add a WR...and see what happens..

I know people want a top flight RB but how has that turned out for MN..

Shore up the OL and get another seasoned WR to go along with a real good OC and QB coach that develop their players and put them in position to succeed..And one other thing..Get a WR coach that gets the WRs to run crisp routes EVERY PLAY!!!! No more of these rounding off their routes crap!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, the 4-12 season might've had something to do with our starting QB going down for most of the season and the fact that we had Kevan Barlow as our starting RB with Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement rounding out the OL.
    revisionist history.

Pennington got benched that year, he was perfectly healthy.

Mangini was not a good coach, nor was his team loaded.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    revisionist history.

Pennington got benched that year, he was perfectly healthy.

Mangini was not a good coach, nor was his team loaded.
    You are correct about revisionist history.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So being supposedly "loaded" doesn't always lead to wins.
    The Jets were far from loaded when Mangini first came aboard.

Who the hell was worth mentioning on that roster besides Vilma?

We were starting the likes of Anthony Clement, Reggie Tongue, David Barrett, Dewayne Robertson, Andre Dyson, Kevan Barlow, Justin McCareins, Doug Jolley, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    We just have to follow the recent steps of hiring the opposite of what the current HC is. Therefore the next HC would be an offensive minded, disciplinarian who doesnt run his yap at every chance.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Mangini's 3 years, he brought in the likes of Revis, Brick, Mangold, Woody, Leon, Harris, Jenkins, T. Jones, Faneca, B. Smith and Keller.

Rex in 4 years has brought in Holmes, Cro, Wilkerson, Scott, Landry and Kerley. Who else is even worth mentioning?

Our drafts under Rex have been dogsh*t aside from basically two players (Mo and Kerley).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

We were starting the likes of Anthony Clement, Reggie Tongue, David Barrett, Dewayne Robertson, Andre Dyson, Kevan Barlow, Justin McCareins, Doug Jolley, etc.

The above bolded player is absolutely worth mentioning sir, bowling ball with knives ring a bell? What a disaster that pos was.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares if we have to start over?

I'd rather start over than continue to tread water with a bunch of clueless jackasses running the operation.
    Because once the O can get more than 1 first down a game and quit punting from it's end zone we might have something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

..and Mangini got rid of Vilma for virtually nothing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoever wants to keep Wrecks Lyin and Tannybum

Can't be serious about rebuilding the team. Their skill in evaluating talent stink as much as Buttchese's on field performance. Draft picks don't matter if you can't pick them right.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 12-05-2012 at 08:24 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    He traded away Vilma for a 3rd round pick and replaced him with an even better player in David Harris.

Everyone knows Vilma was a fish out of water in the 3-4.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then how did Mangini fail? 23-25 including a 4-12 season
    He had a 4-12 season when his qb got injured. The colts went 1-15 when Manning went down.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    1. The growing concept of money>>>>>winning. And its not just the Jets. The Cowboys have done it forever and college football is getting into the act as well.

2. It makes me still leery of firing Rex Ryan if they end up 7-9 or over. I just go back to when the Chargers fired Marty after 14-2 and have done nothing with Norv Turner since. Unless Rex has a bomb of a season, then there is no point in firing him, Plus we would have to start over which would take another few years.

3. Mark will have a very short leash on him Sunday.

4. Anyone saying Rex is stupid for doing this should refer to the first point.

5. I'm now completely convinced that Woody Johnson was solely behind the Tim Tebow signing. And Tim also is to blame because he could have gone to Jacksonville and he chose not to.
    Wow, no one came up with this.

That Woody said he favored McElroy says another wasted thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Geez this continues to get brought up by the uninformed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My theory:

In 2009 Tannenbaum told Woody that the crazy spending on every free agent out there and deferring all those contracts was going to sell a lot of PSL's but put the team in a bad cap hole by 2012.

Woody told Tannenbaum and that he understood and wouldn't hold him accountable when the piper needed to be paid a few years after the stadium opened.

Rex Ryan knew what was going on, wanted to win on defense, wanted to protect his reputation as a defensive genius, loaded up every one of the scarce draft picks and free agent signings on defense.

Woody, Mike, and Rex all knew how tough it was going to be on offense this season as a result of their freewheeling 2009-2011 days and put up a Hail Mary on Tebow thinking perhaps he could score some points as well as sell some seats.

If there isn't something this sinister going on there's only one other explanation: They are a bunch of idiots.

SAR I
    I don't think it's sinister. I think they thought it was a 'plan'. There really is no other explanation. Woody was promised his SB in Rex's first two years and they planned everything around winning, pushing off the problems till '11 and '12 and it wouldn't matter because they'd have a Super Bowl. But it didn't quite go as 'planned'.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, the 4-12 season might've had something to do with our starting QB going down for most of the season and the fact that we had Kevan Barlow as our starting RB with Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement rounding out the OL.
    When Chad got hurt, half the fanbase was practically giddy. It gave the all pro in waiting Kellen Clemens the chance. Do I have to remind you of the infamous Anti-Chad Militia? At the time Mangini sticking with CP over Clemens was an indictment of Mangini acccording to many fans, but now Chad getting hurt that season is used as an excuse for Mangini and used as a further indictment of Rex. See a pattern here?

Adrien Clarke started on that team not because of injury. Remember Pete Kendall threw a hissy fit about his contract? Mangini played hardball, made him room with the rookies at camp and shipped him out. The staff chose Clarke to replace him. To be clear, I'm not bashing Mangini (thought he was a good coach), I'm just pointing out the facts of the situation and simply calling attention to the fact that all these things were complained about nonstop on this board at the time (and used as reasons to want Mangini fired), yet now are used as excuses as to why Mangini's record wasn't better and are used as reasons to fit the agenda that Rex, the current staff, and all things 2012 Jets suck and must be replaced immediately. Again, see a pattern?

Lastly, Kevan Barlow was not our running back during Mangini's 4-12 season. Barlow was the running back during his Mangini's 10-6 playoff season. Thomas Jones was our rb during the 4-12 season.