Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Sanchez Gives Us the Best Chance to Win"

Jets Insider VIP
    We should have all seen this coming when years ago when implimented that red, yellow and green system for mark.

Whos worse? Te coaching staff for coming up with that embarrassing plan or mark who actually needed to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I just believe that a sanchez is better than Tebow and Mcelroy and provides a better opportunity to win. I dont think you will find too many analysts that would disagree.
    I would expect this logical conclusion from somebody who chooses to support the Jets rather than the Steelers while living in Pittsburgh.

Anybody who surmises that Greg McElroy is worse or better than anybody in the league right now is an absolute buffoon.

Not seeing what he is capable of is saying that it is OK for your QB to be absolutely unable to complete more than 50% of his throws and get his wideouts borderline killed on the one's he does complete.

You are also saying that you don't care about the fact that the entire team has stopped supporting and playing for Sanchez.

As Brandon Moore pointed out (and I paraphrase): "It was a much tighter huddle with Greg in there."

Game-Set-Match:

Not only has he shown no physical inclination over his past 28 games to play QB effectively, he also is not a leader who can pull the team together.

the fatal mistake this regime has made with suckchez is they have fallen in love with his potential and are not seeing reality.

He does have the physical ability to make all the NFL throws, he can fit the ball into tight windows at times, and he has adequate mobility. HOWEVER, he is inconsistent with his mechanics, leading to many bad throws, he cannot read a defense, has poor pocket presence and terrible touch on his passes. He has been a 4yr starter and has shown little to no improvement. Due to the financial committment they are stuck.

The end result will eventually be what we want though. Either suckchez will improve (doubtful) or tanny and/or the rex the buffoon will be fired

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I would expect this logical conclusion from somebody who chooses to support the Jets rather than the Steelers while living in Pittsburgh.

Anybody who surmises that Greg McElroy is worse or better than anybody in the league right now is an absolute buffoon.

Not seeing what he is capable of is saying that it is OK for your QB to be absolutely unable to complete more than 50% of his throws and get his wideouts borderline killed on the one's he does complete.

You are also saying that you don't care about the fact that the entire team has stopped supporting and playing for Sanchez.

As Brandon Moore pointed out (and I paraphrase): "It was a much tighter huddle with Greg in there."

Game-Set-Match:

Not only has he shown no physical inclination over his past 28 games to play QB effectively, he also is not a leader who can pull the team together.
    yes, the fact that i live in pittsburgh and root for the Jets speaks volumes. What are we in the 5th grade or something? Im telling you what I believe. you can take it or leave it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We should have all seen this coming when years ago when implimented that red, yellow and green system for mark.

Whos worse? Te coaching staff for coming up with that embarrassing plan or mark who actually needed to use it?
    All top flight athletes have this type of understanding; what's so funny about it? The Jets FO should never had mentioned it; Rex's big mouth backfiring again.

When I took up tournament tennis, i came across the same metaphor in a book from one of John McEnroe's coaches. That red light Yellow light stuff is foundational to athlete looking to play under big time pressure. Steve young, Simms Montana they all have similar ideas in thier clinics...

Rex needs to shut his yapper.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    All top flight athletes have this type of understanding; what's so funny about it? The Jets FO should never had mentioned it; Rex's big mouth backfiring again.

When I took up tournament tennis, i came across the same metaphor in a book from one of John McEnroe's coaches. That red light Yellow light stuff is foundational to athlete looking to play under big time pressure. Steve young, Simms Montana they all have similar ideas in thier clinics...

Rex needs to shut his yapper.
    have heard of this too.

on a smaller scale, we had red,yellow and green light signals in certain situations when i played college baseball. Most of the time it was when we fell behind, but nontheless it was used. Im sure all levels of athletes use some system like this.