Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sanchez Gives Us the Best Chance to Win"

"Sanchez Gives Us the Best Chance to Win"

I am so excruciatingly tired of this rhetorical comment used by all coaches to justify their (usually wrong) QB decisions.

Now if we are talking about Kapernick/Smith there may be a good healthy debate on who gives them the best chance to win, but

With Sanchez I seriously do not see how anyone can honestly think that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win. On Sirius yesterday almost every analyst disagreed with keeping Sanchez except for Pat Kriwan and Jim Miller. It pissed me off so much I wrote them, because their support was based on the "Sanchez gives the Jets the Best Chance to Win" argument.

I just do not get it. Sanchez has 100% proven himself to be a BAD QB. He is not even average, clearly in the bottom 5 of all NFL starters. His influence on a game is not even neutral, it is negative. He has the second most turnovers in the entire NFL over the last 2 years, and as a fourth year QB he has more ints than TDs.

I am not a huge fan of the QBR stat, but one of the elements of that stat is the QB PAA which is an assessment of the number of points that the QB adds to the team over an average QB. Sanchez is at -31.6 which means that he costs us a field goal deficit in every game he plays.

Seriously if you compare Sanchez to a green rookie, I am not even sure that Sanchez would grade above them. Certainly he grades below most 2nd year QBS.

Someone needs to tell me what Sanchez does well because I cannot see it:

Ball protection: Among worst in NFL
    Accuracy: Among worst in NFL
    Touch: BAD
    Field Vision: Poor
    Pocket Presence: Poor
    Escapability in Pocket: Among worst in NFL
    Leadership: BAD
    Short passes: HORRIBLE
    Screens: HORRIBLE
    Deep Balls: Below average
    Back shoulder throws: Below average
    Slants: Average
    Seam routes: Above Average
    Footwork: Started good, regressing
    Identifying Defenses: Very bad
    Teammate support: BAD
    Coach and FO Support: Rock Solid

I mean if you really grade him, he would not be ahead of McElroy or almost any other QB option.

For those that support Sanchez and feel he "gives us the best chance to win" please explain exactly what he does well to lead to that opinion.

It's not rhetoric. It's the god dammed truth.

Mark Sanchez is BY FAR the best quarterback on the roster. He's the only guy on the team that can make every NFL throw (except anything under 5 yards). Is he good? No. Unfortunately, McElnoodle and Teblow are even worse.

No one is saying that Sanchez is a HoF, it's just that he's by far and away better than the garbage behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post

Mark Sanchez is BY FAR the best quarterback on the roster. He's the only guy on the team that can make every NFL throw (except anything under 5 yards). Is he good? No. Unfortunately, McElnoodle and Teblow are even worse.

No one is saying that Sanchez is a HoF, it's just that he's by far and away better than the garbage behind him.

That's what I keep asking anyone who defends Sanchez, what exactly does he do well? Even from a talent perspective. Below average height. Average arm. Average mobility. Poor accuracy. Poor ability to read Ds and identify blitzes (poor intelligence can be inferred from this). Poor pocket presence, he gets happy feet. What exactly did scouts see in this guy? He played on a great college team surrounded by great talent against mostly inferior talent in his opponents. He raised the level of no one. That he was scouted as a first rounder is borderline insane. #5 pick and now we are just talking comedy, as bad as the scouting by the Jags and Vikings to take Gabbert and Ponder where they did.

I'm tired of this "Make Every NFL Throw" non-sense. Sure he has the stronger arm, but if those throws aren't accurate or go to the other team it's not all that important.

Yes, McElroy would be limited in the throws he could make but I feel confident is saying his...
    1) comp. percentage would be higher
    2) his turnovers would be lower
    3) QB rating would be higher
    4) his pocket presence would be much better.

Right now McElroy gives the Jets a better chance to win than Sanchez...and only because Sanchez is downright awful.

You can't trade 'em if you don't play 'em...

Sanchez cannot possibly play any worse than he has so far, so the Jets are smart to play him and hope he improves enough to draw interest from some bottom dwelling team in the offseason, this way they can dump some of his salary and use it to sign an actual contributor in the offseason.

Let Sanchez play his way to another team, if he fails we're stuck with him, but we're already stuck with him so the Jets can only benefit from playing him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That's what I keep asking anyone who defends Sanchez, what exactly does he do well? Even from a talent perspective. Below average height. Average arm. Average mobility. Poor accuracy. Poor ability to read Ds and identify blitzes (poor intelligence can be inferred from this). Poor pocket presence, he gets happy feet. What exactly did scouts see in this guy? He played on a great college team surrounded by great talent against mostly inferior talent in his opponents. He raised the level of no one. That he was scouted as a first rounder is borderline insane. #5 pick and now we are just talking comedy, as bad as the scouting by the Jags and Vikings to take Gabbert and Ponder where they did.
    He was good looking with an hispanic surname in a NY market trying to sell PSL's and build a fan-base with a growing hispanic population.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He was good looking with an hispanic surname in a NY market trying to sell PSL's and build a fan-base with a growing hispanic population.
    Bingo.

This organization (except for the coaches) is interested in SALES ONLY. It's all gimmicks and marketing strategy. We do not have real football people at the helm (see NY Giants & Pittsburgh Steelers), we have businessmen instead. Problem is, WINNING IS GOOD BUSINESS! Why can't these guys figure this out?

I'm tired of this "Make Every NFL Throw" non-sense. Sure he has the stronger arm, but if those throws aren't accurate or go to the other team it's not all that important.

Yes, McElroy would be limited in the throws he could make but I feel confident is saying his...

Right now McElroy gives the Jets a better chance to win than Sanchez...and only because Sanchez is downright awful.
    Bingo. Still, it can't be denied that Mark can make all the throws.......to defenders.

Down by 7 with 2 minutes left on our own 20, Sanchez is the only guy on the team that can make that drive.

Down by 7 with 2 minutes left on our own 20, Sanchez is the only guy on the team that can kill that drive.
    Fix'd.

How exactly do we know that McElroy can't make all the throws? We haven't even seen him try to make the throws yet... LOL!

How's about we look at something recent, hmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDqkoEFWH_0

Banned
    Down by 7 with 2 minutes left on our own 20, Sanchez is the only guy on the team that can make that drive.
    He had that opportunity against the Patriots in Foxboro.

He fumbled the ball to end the game.

This team is a joke and so is most of the fan base!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He had that oportunity against the Patriots in Foxboro.

****ing thank you. Sanchez is trash and pointing to something that happened some 2 years ago doesn't erase TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He had that opportunity against the Patriots in Foxboro.

After leading two clutch 4th quarter drives to tie the game (should have been to lead it if not for a drop).

With tebow or noodle, the game is over in the 3rd quarter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez gives us the best chance of losing. End of story.

After leading two clutch 4th quarter drives to tie the game (should have been to lead it if not for a drop).

With tebow or noodle, the game is over in the 3rd quarter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3kbwm0C4k

DA CLUTCH KING!