Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: "Sanchez Gives Us the Best Chance to Win"

  1. #21
    a sanchez thread? get out!

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    This team is a joke and so is most of the fan base!!
    This is spot on. Anyone that doesn't believe Sanchez gives the jets the best chance to win is just a moron. That's why he is starting.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,018
    anyone who watched buttgate and last weeks game against the cardinals and is still defending sanchez is f#ckin clueless.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    It's not rhetoric. It's the god dammed truth.

    Mark Sanchez is BY FAR the best quarterback on the roster. He's the only guy on the team that can make every NFL throw (except anything under 5 yards). Is he good? No. Unfortunately, McElnoodle and Teblow are even worse.

    No one is saying that Sanchez is a HoF, it's just that he's by far and away better than the garbage behind him.
    Once again you are TOTALLY incorrect. The reason? There is much more than an arm to the position of QB.

    If what you say is correct the jets have the worst collection of QB's ever in the nfl and please for the sack of my and everyones elses brain cells never use Hof and Martk Sanchez in the same sentence every again.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Once again you are TOTALLY incorrect. The reason? There is much more than an arm to the position of QB.
    especially with the jets right now. if mcelroy can complete a higher % of his throws and not turn the ball over as much, this more than offsets having a weaker arm. how much weaker is it than sanchez's now anyway?

    tebow isn't playing b/c he wasn't brought to the jets to throw. mcelroy isn't playing b/c it would be very difficult for rex to bench him once he starts playing b/c fans, players and the media would all see how a poised, mature, confident qb can run the offense much better than sanchez, with the same personnel. that would be the final nail in sanchez's coffin, moreso than sanchez sucking against the jags or kc. you think rex doesn't know that mcelroy can run the offense better? of course he does.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Mark is actually very lucky. On all NFL teams other than this one..he would have been backup to GMac this Sunday
    after their relative performance since Thanksgiving.

    He is even more lucky in that before the season ends and Mark is finally Alex Smithed for Greg because on 31 other teams he would have fallen to scout team-inactive but with the horror lurking of having to put the hopelessly inadequate Teblow on the field..they need to keep Mark as backup thru 2013

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Mark is actually very lucky. On all NFL teams other than this one..he would have been backup to GMac this Sunday
    after their relative performance since Thanksgiving.

    He is even more lucky in that before the season ends and Mark is finally Alex Smithed for Greg because on 31 other teams he would have fallen to scout team-inactive but with the horror lurking of having to put the hopelessly inadequate Teblow on the field..they need to keep Mark as backup thru 2013

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    sanchez is fortunate that 1) he's making good money and 2) the jets don't have an obvious replacement for him, so rex can continue to say that sanchez is the best qb they have. can you imagine if the jets had someone like kirk cousins, someone who really deserves a shot, or if they had accidentally drafted a russell wilson who's rotting on the bench?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    After leading two clutch 4th quarter drives to tie the game (should have been to lead it if not for a drop).

    With tebow or noodle, the game is over in the 3rd quarter.
    What's to say with Tebow or McElroy they're not winning the game by the 3rd quarter.

    It's a ridiculous argument to suggest only Sanchez could drive the team downfield in a two-minute drill.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    What's to say with Tebow or McElroy they're not winning the game by the 3rd quarter.

    It's a ridiculous argument to suggest only Sanchez could drive the team downfield in a two-minute drill.
    Especially since he hasn't, you know, done that that in forever. His style lately is to throw game-killing INTs instead.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This is spot on. Anyone that doesn't believe Sanchez gives the jets the best chance to win is just a moron. That's why he is starting.
    To call people "Morons" for suggesting that a QB that has been statistically in the bottom 5 of the league in almost every category.

    That has been shut-out twice this year, and on his way to a third last week.

    That was bailed out by someone else that came in a won a game because he couldn't....

    To say you think he gives us the best chance is your opinion and I can accept that but to call everyone else "MORONS" is, well, moronic.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    What's to say with Tebow or McElroy they're not winning the game by the 3rd quarter.

    It's a ridiculous argument to suggest only Sanchez could drive the team downfield in a two-minute drill.
    if they thought they could win with tebow or mcelory they would be starting. Some of you posters just cant read between the lines on this. This is not rocket science.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    To call people "Morons" for suggesting that a QB that has been statistically in the bottom 5 of the league in almost every category.

    That has been shut-out twice this year, and on his way to a third last week.

    That was bailed out by someone else that came in a won a game because he couldn't....

    To say you think he gives us the best chance is your opinion and I can accept that but to call everyone else "MORONS" is, well, moronic.
    Do you have any reason to believe that Tebow or Mcelroy gives the Jets a better chance at winning? No you dont. You are debating for the sake of debating. Period

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Mark is actually very lucky. On all NFL teams other than this one..he would have been backup to GMac this Sunday
    after their relative performance since Thanksgiving.

    He is even more lucky in that before the season ends and Mark is finally Alex Smithed for Greg because on 31 other teams he would have fallen to scout team-inactive but with the horror lurking of having to put the hopelessly inadequate Teblow on the field..they need to keep Mark as backup thru 2013

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL at this. You are the biggest flip flopper hypocrite on the planet. You picked us to beat the Cards 38-3, you had full confidence that Sanchez would annihilate them. You thought he was great as recently as one week ago. Now he sucks and McElroy is great? Man are you a phony....

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He was good looking with an hispanic surname in a NY market trying to sell PSL's and build a fan-base with a growing hispanic population.
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Bingo.

    This organization (except for the coaches) is interested in SALES ONLY. It's all gimmicks and marketing strategy. We do not have real football people at the helm (see NY Giants & Pittsburgh Steelers), we have businessmen instead. Problem is, WINNING IS GOOD BUSINESS! Why can't these guys figure this out?
    for the love of god, please stop watching football.

    Sanchez was drafted solely because he's Hispanic?

    it's official, now i've heard it all.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    LOL at this. You are the biggest flip flopper hypocrite on the planet. You picked us to beat the Cards 38-3, you had full confidence that Sanchez would annihilate them. You thought he was great as recently as one week ago. Now he sucks and McElroy is great? Man are you a phony....
    Normally Id just tell you to EAD..

    But why bother...there are plenty of Jet fans here like me who would rather discuss football than engage in namecalling and personal attacks as you do

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #36
    Also, am I the only one who takes issue with the phrase "best chance to win" being used in conjunction with the Jets QB position?

    What gives us our "best chance to win"? Our defense.

    What gives us our next "best chance to win"? Our running game (see Colts, Rams, Cards games).

    I'd phrase the QB position as "who is least likely to throw the game away?" If Rex is selling me that as Sanchez, I'm not buying. Sorry Rex, I have eyes, I've had them open for 4 seasons. Either McElroy is a god-awful turnover machine in practice, or he is less likely to throw away the game than Sanchez. Which means he should start in my eyes...

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ****ing thank you. Sanchez is trash and pointing to something that happened some 2 years ago doesn't erase TODAY.
    But today erases everything in the past?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    But today erases everything in the past?
    When it's what he's been for the last two years, yes. Why do you think the NFL is called the Not For Long league? Or why do you think the phrase "what have you done for me lately?" is so well-known?

  19. #39
    I know I'm speaking for the majority of Patriot Nation when I say I'll be rooting for Mark this weekend AND the next AND the week after that. Actually, 3-1 down the stretch would be a huge gift to all Pats' fans.


    Go J-E-T-S!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Do you have any reason to believe that Tebow or Mcelroy gives the Jets a better chance at winning? No you dont. You are debating for the sake of debating. Period
    How about Sanchez got benched last week after producing 0 points in 2/12 quarters and his replacement came in and took them on essentially two TD's in the remainder of the game.

    Seems like a reasonable reason to think he gives us a better chance to win.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us