Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: Why Sanchez should start

  1. #81
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Hoping Sanchez melts down so we can secure a top 10 pick
    +1

    What else is there to hope for?

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    To a lot of people, the past 3 1/2 seasons has already shown them what Sanchez is capable (and incapable) of doing. They will also point to the meaningless stretch of games the Jets are about to play against bad opposition and say that it doesnt matter if Sanchez manages to look good.

    I think it's as simple as the Jets hands are tied regarding Sanchez. It may be of their own doing, but at this point, moving forward, I can't see a legitimate way Sanchez is not on the roster next year. And if he's on the roster, he's going to be fighting for the starting job since the Jets dont have the resources to bring in someone how will automatically unseat Mark.

    The benching is suppose to serve as a wake up call. The problem is that Mark wasn't just playing badly - he's just a bad QB. I think we can assume that McElroy isn't an NFL starter, and they don't want to play Tebow, so what other choice do they have? It's as simple as hoping Mark puts together a few good games to wrap up the season so that he can still be considered a viable starting option in 2013.. because at his salary, the Jets lack of cap room, and the poor QB draft class in April, that's what's it's looking he's going to have to be.

    Well said + speaks to the failures of the GM and coaching staff... They have mismanaged the roster, and have provided zero depth at almost all the skilled positions.

    Going into this season with Sanchez, Tebow as number 1 and 2 was crazy. Not drafting a starting caliber RB, or signing a Vet WR, no depth at TE... What the F did they do this off season...

    MT deserves much of the criticism and should be demoted to being just the cap guy.

  3. #83
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Hoping Sanchez melts down so we can secure a top 10 pick
    What good would that do if the front office is as bad as everyone says they are here?

    Would you like another Sanchez at #5? Perhaps a Gholston at #6?

    Rooting for draft picks over wins is pathetic.

  4. #84
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    What many Jets fans fail to understand is there will never be any competition for the starting job as long as Rex is our head coach. Mark from the day he was drafted has been told over and over, he is the starting QB. As long as Rex is the head coach no one will ever change that.

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    What many Jets fans fail to understand is there will never be any competition for the starting job as long as Rex is our head coach. Mark from the day he was drafted has been told over and over, he is the starting QB. As long as Rex is the head coach no one will ever change that.
    except that he was benched last week.

    or was that competition non-competitive? the fix was in?

  6. #86
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    except that he was benched last week.

    or was that competition non-competitive? the fix was in?
    Oh my God,
    After four years Mark was benched for a WHOLE quarter, then consoled by father Rex right after the game and told not to worry he would be starting in Jacksonville the following week.
    Mean while the fans and media were all told Rex would consult with those in the know about what to do the following week and make his decision midweek. All of it, nothing but BS when Rex knew all along he was giving the job right back to his boy, right when he had his arm around Mark drying his tears.

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Oh my God,
    After four years Mark was benched for a WHOLE quarter, then consoled by father Rex right after the game and told not to worry he would be starting in Jacksonville the following week.
    Mean while the fans and media were all told Rex would consult with those in the know about what to do the following week and make his decision midweek. All of it, nothing but BS when Rex knew all along he was giving the job right back to his boy, right when he had his arm around Mark drying his tears.
    I don't think for a second anyone here or anywhere believed that mark wasn't going to start. Mark isn't lighting it up by any stretch of the imagination, but when you have Tebow and McElroy backing him up it really is a no brainer. They in a sense were picking the best of the worst.

  8. #88
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    No, I won't spare you.

    Because the bottom line is Mark Sanchez HAS been given plenty of chances. The kid has been our starting QB for 4 years and never even had his starting job threatened until last week.

    He's arguably the most inaccurate starting QB in the league as well as the most turnover prone. I don't see how you can win with that.

    And Sanchez is absolutely still being coddled. That shot of Rex with his arm around Mark at his locker whispering sweet nothings into his ear says it all. We have a mentally, emotionally weak QB and a coach who lacks the wit and balls to do something about it.

    I would love to see buttchez gone for all the reasons stated above and for another as well: to spare us from the delusional, dishonest post game press conference answers that this idiot gives week in and week out. Total loser.

  9. #89
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Oh my God,
    After four years Mark was benched for a WHOLE quarter, then consoled by father Rex right after the game and told not to worry he would be starting in Jacksonville the following week.
    Mean while the fans and media were all told Rex would consult with those in the know about what to do the following week and make his decision midweek. All of it, nothing but BS when Rex knew all along he was giving the job right back to his boy, right when he had his arm around Mark drying his tears.
    Hey look, it's super manly man.

    When you're done creating a narrative that never happened, answer me this. Why would Rex bench him if the fix was in and he was going to give it back to him right away? Why not just stick with him, no benching?

  10. #90
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    And how are they going to learn something new that they haven't seen in 4 years against the 28th ranked pass defense?

    Moreover - and exactly to your point, they need to find out what they have - which is EXACTLY why McElroy should be playing.
    AGREED! I think WRECKS is afraid that McElroy might be successful. If that happened he would be in bad spot for next year! WRECKS must protect his boy at the expense of the team!

  11. #91
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AGREED! I think WRECKS is afraid that McElroy might be successful. If that happened he would be in bad spot for next year! WRECKS must protect his boy at the expense of the team!
    you can't be serious.

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    you can't be serious.
    Very serious. I am sick of SUCKCHEZ, WRECKS and their fans! The embarassment of SUCKY running into the butt of an OLman is a bit much for me to take. The guy needs to sit for a few games and lets see what we have in McElroy. We are not going to beat the better teams with Sucky at the helm. We know that! So WRECKS allows Sucky to get a reprieve by playing him against a woeful team like the Jags! It will surely float your boat! But will it mean anything? When Sucky faces a team with a good passrush we lose! Hit him a few times and he is done. He resembles a bull in a china shop! We will not win a Super Bowl with SUCKCHEZ at the helm. Yes Virgina, I am serious!

  13. #93
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AGREED! I think WRECKS is afraid that McElroy might be successful. If that happened he would be in bad spot for next year! WRECKS must protect his boy at the expense of the team!
    This is the National Football League dude. Its not some bush league or pop warner league. Get a freakin grip on these conspiracy theories. You sound like a female.....

  14. #94
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Oh my God,
    After four years Mark was benched for a WHOLE quarter, then consoled by father Rex right after the game and told not to worry he would be starting in Jacksonville the following week.

    Mean while the fans and media were all told Rex would consult with those in the know about what to do the following week and make his decision midweek. All of it, nothing but BS when Rex knew all along he was giving the job right back to his boy, right when he had his arm around Mark drying his tears.
    You don't know what Rex told Sanchez in that exchange. He could have just come up and said "Hey, it's not personal. I did what I had to do because you were playing like ****. Get your head back into what you are supposed to be doing."

    As for his decision, and what went into making it, pure speculation here as well. If I remember correctly, this is Rex's 4th year as a head coach and he'd never benched a starting QB before. No problem seeking input from others. Listen to and consider what they have to say but come to your own decision.






    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I don't think for a second anyone here or anywhere believed that mark wasn't going to start. Mark isn't lighting it up by any stretch of the imagination, but when you have Tebow and McElroy backing him up it really is a no brainer. They in a sense were picking the best of the worst.

    Oh, lots of people here thought that he was done when he got benched. Additionally, I don't think it's because of Tebow and McElroy, rather, it's because they have so much invested in Sanchez. Money, time, reputation, yada, yada, yada.

  15. #95
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Very serious. I am sick of SUCKCHEZ, WRECKS and their fans! The embarassment of SUCKY running into the butt of an OLman is a bit much for me to take. The guy needs to sit for a few games and lets see what we have in McElroy. We are not going to beat the better teams with Sucky at the helm. We know that! So WRECKS allows Sucky to get a reprieve by playing him against a woeful team like the Jags! It will surely float your boat! But will it mean anything? When Sucky faces a team with a good passrush we lose! Hit him a few times and he is done. He resembles a bull in a china shop! We will not win a Super Bowl with SUCKCHEZ at the helm. Yes Virgina, I am serious!
    i don't know how you take yourself seriously with the awful nicknames you come up with.

    You can make your points, but you lose me when you call another grown man Sucky.

  16. #96
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    i don't know how you take yourself seriously with the awful nicknames you come up with.

    You can make your points, but you lose me when you call another grown man Sucky.
    Yeah, no. Some of his nicknames are pretty funny, I can't help it!

  17. #97
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Yeah, no. Some of his nicknames are pretty funny, I can't help it!
    Intchez and Pick-6er da bess doe.

  18. #98
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Intchez and Pick-6er da bess doe.
    Well, of course yours are best
    Sanchez does provide us with endless opportunities to come up with nicknames and some funny plays that we can lampoon. I think those 52 seconds were embarrassing but also hysterically funny when set to the Benny Hill theme song. Your insomniac mind has a lot of fertile ground to work with here.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Well, of course yours are best
    Sanchez does provide us with endless opportunities to come up with nicknames and some funny plays that we can lampoon. I think those 52 seconds were embarrassing but also hysterically funny when set to the Benny Hill theme song. Your insomniac mind has a lot of fertile ground to work with here.
    This is very true. Mark is also a great muse for one seeking to create comedy.

  20. #100
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    Sanchez ceiling is as a game manager, and the difference between him and McElroy, is McElroy understands that about himself, Sanchez, apparently at least some in the Jets organization and some of the fan base still don't. Sanchez is failing because he keeps trying to be something he's not.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us