Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Thread: Why Sanchez should start

  1. #1

    Why Sanchez should start

    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    And how are they going to learn something new that they haven't seen in 4 years against the 28th ranked pass defense?

    Moreover - and exactly to your point, they need to find out what they have - which is EXACTLY why McElroy should be playing.

  3. #3
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    This absolutely needed a new thread...

    The other 14 existing threads weren't enough to encompass the incredible insight offered here

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    I agree to a certain extent, you can clearly make a case for Sanchez starting as he basically will be on the team next year and still has some considerable upside. I rewatched some of those playoff game that he won and it unbelievable when you compare the talent at the skill positions those years with the team we are fielding today.

    Sanchez was throwing to Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery and LaDainian Tomlinson. This year he is passing to Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates. An already weak receiving corps got only weaker when Holmes went down and Keller got injured aswell.

    Now that does not mean Sanchez has an excuse. He has regressed this year and I mostly hate his change in demeanor. He has always been an excitable guy, someone who played with fire and passion. Not this year and in his press conferences he sounds like a soulless dead man.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    And how are they going to learn something new that they haven't seen in 4 years against the 28th ranked pass defense?

    Moreover - and exactly to your point, they need to find out what they have - which is EXACTLY why McElroy should be playing.
    sanchez played decent against the rams. then he sucked twice. that's his pattern. if he plays well this week you know he's got two stinkers coming up.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    To a lot of people, the past 3 1/2 seasons has already shown them what Sanchez is capable (and incapable) of doing. They will also point to the meaningless stretch of games the Jets are about to play against bad opposition and say that it doesnt matter if Sanchez manages to look good.

    I think it's as simple as the Jets hands are tied regarding Sanchez. It may be of their own doing, but at this point, moving forward, I can't see a legitimate way Sanchez is not on the roster next year. And if he's on the roster, he's going to be fighting for the starting job since the Jets dont have the resources to bring in someone how will automatically unseat Mark.

    The benching is suppose to serve as a wake up call. The problem is that Mark wasn't just playing badly - he's just a bad QB. I think we can assume that McElroy isn't an NFL starter, and they don't want to play Tebow, so what other choice do they have? It's as simple as hoping Mark puts together a few good games to wrap up the season so that he can still be considered a viable starting option in 2013.. because at his salary, the Jets lack of cap room, and the poor QB draft class in April, that's what's it's looking he's going to have to be.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    You just contradicted yourself. You said he should start to see what we have, but also said he still makes the same mistakes. That is why he should be on the bench. We know what he is and need to see what we have in McElroy.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    You just contradicted yourself. You said he should start to see what we have, but also said he still makes the same mistakes. That is why he should be on the bench. We know what he is and need to see what we have in McElroy.
    You have a guy that dressed for 1 game. And only because the backup who cant complete 50% of his passes was hurt. Thats what you have in mcelroy. Nothing else other than a scout team player.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,394
    There is no logical explanation for Sanchez getting the start. At least not performance wise.

    We've played 12 games this season and Sanchez has looked good in maybe 3 of them (Bills, Colts, Rams).

    It's painfully obvious that this kid is what he is. Maybe a serviceable backup who can come in and win a game or two in a pinch. That's the future of Mark Sanchez. He is in no way the future of this team.

    Sitting this kid for a quarter and a half isn't going to suddenly make some magical switch flip on.

    Rex had a chance to send a real message by either moving on from the Sanchez era permanently, or at least going with McElroy for the final 4 games and make it clear to Mark that he'll be involved in an open competition for the job next year since we're basically stuck with him. No more handouts.

    Instead, we witness the same coddling of Sanchez that we've come to expect from this front office.

  11. #11
    Here's why Sanchez should start:

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is no logical explanation for Sanchez getting the start. At least not performance wise.

    We've played 12 games this season and Sanchez has looked good in maybe 3 of them (Bills, Colts, Rams).

    It's painfully obvious that this kid is what he is. Maybe a serviceable backup who can come in and win a game or two in a pinch. That's the future of Mark Sanchez. He is in no way the future of this team.

    Sitting this kid for a quarter and a half isn't going to suddenly make some magical switch flip on.

    Rex had a chance to send a real message by either moving on from the Sanchez era permanently, or at least going with McElroy for the final 4 games and make it clear to Mark that he'll be involved in an open competition for the job next year since we're basically stuck with him. No more handouts.

    Instead, we witness the same coddling of Sanchez that we've come to expect from this front office.
    +1

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is no logical explanation for Sanchez getting the start. At least not performance wise.

    We've played 12 games this season and Sanchez has looked good in maybe 3 of them (Bills, Colts, Rams).

    It's painfully obvious that this kid is what he is. Maybe a serviceable backup who can come in and win a game or two in a pinch. That's the future of Mark Sanchez. He is in no way the future of this team.

    Sitting this kid for a quarter and a half isn't going to suddenly make some magical switch flip on.

    Rex had a chance to send a real message by either moving on from the Sanchez era permanently, or at least going with McElroy for the final 4 games and make it clear to Mark that he'll be involved in an open competition for the job next year since we're basically stuck with him. No more handouts.

    Instead, we witness the same coddling of Sanchez that we've come to expect from this front office.
    +1

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is no logical explanation for Sanchez getting the start. At least not performance wise.

    We've played 12 games this season and Sanchez has looked good in maybe 3 of them (Bills, Colts, Rams).

    It's painfully obvious that this kid is what he is. Maybe a serviceable backup who can come in and win a game or two in a pinch. That's the future of Mark Sanchez. He is in no way the future of this team.

    Sitting this kid for a quarter and a half isn't going to suddenly make some magical switch flip on.

    Rex had a chance to send a real message by either moving on from the Sanchez era permanently, or at least going with McElroy for the final 4 games and make it clear to Mark that he'll be involved in an open competition for the job next year since we're basically stuck with him. No more handouts.

    Instead, we witness the same coddling of Sanchez that we've come to expect from this front office.
    Jets fans. Complain that their starting QB won't get benched... gets benched... then complains that benching wasn't long enough.

    For the record, I'd like to see what McElroy has. But that doesn't mean Mark shouldn't get a second chance. (Spare me with all the "He's had plenty of chances! Arghh!" posts)

    I fully expect if Mark stinks up the joint that McElroy will be the QB for the Chargers game at home.

    If you think a message hasn't been sent to Sanchez that his job isn't safe, you must not have been watching the game Sunday. You think the merciless boos for Mark and the deafening cheers for Greg didn't ring his bell? He's not being coddled. Stop complaining.

  15. #15
    How do we know if McElroy is a NFL Qb if he never starts. Sanchez will never be an elite Qb and neither will Tebow IMHO he isn't a Qb period .

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    How do we know if McElroy is a NFL Qb if he never starts. Sanchez will never be an elite Qb and neither will Tebow IMHO he isn't a Qb period .
    How do we know you if you are an NFL QB if you never started?

    Answer: because we just know. This isn't little league where everyone gets a chance. Either you have it or you don't and based on coaches, analysts and everyone but a few jets fans, McElroy does not have it. Realization can be a *****. Accept it.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Jets fans. Complain that their starting QB won't get benched... gets benched... then complains that benching wasn't long enough.

    For the record, I'd like to see what McElroy has. But that doesn't mean Mark shouldn't get a second chance. (Spare me with all the "He's had plenty of chances! Arghh!" posts)

    I fully expect if Mark stinks up the joint that McElroy will be the QB for the Chargers game at home.

    If you think a message hasn't been sent to Sanchez that his job isn't safe, you must not have been watching the game Sunday. You think the merciless boos for Mark and the deafening cheers for Greg didn't ring his bell? He's not being coddled. Stop complaining.
    LOL

    No, I won't spare you.

    Because the bottom line is Mark Sanchez HAS been given plenty of chances. The kid has been our starting QB for 4 years and never even had his starting job threatened until last week.

    He's arguably the most inaccurate starting QB in the league as well as the most turnover prone. I don't see how you can win with that.

    And Sanchez is absolutely still being coddled. That shot of Rex with his arm around Mark at his locker whispering sweet nothings into his ear says it all. We have a mentally, emotionally weak QB and a coach who lacks the wit and balls to do something about it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Jets fans. Complain that their starting QB won't get benched... gets benched... then complains that benching wasn't long enough.

    For the record, I'd like to see what McElroy has. But that doesn't mean Mark shouldn't get a second chance. (Spare me with all the "He's had plenty of chances! Arghh!" posts)

    I fully expect if Mark stinks up the joint that McElroy will be the QB for the Chargers game at home.

    If you think a message hasn't been sent to Sanchez that his job isn't safe, you must not have been watching the game Sunday. You think the merciless boos for Mark and the deafening cheers for Greg didn't ring his bell? He's not being coddled. Stop complaining.
    The fact that you don't see how completely stupid what you just said is has be cracking up.

    Do you do comedy professionally? Haha.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    How do we know you if you are an NFL QB if you never started?

    Answer: because we just know. This isn't little league where everyone gets a chance. Either you have it or you don't and based on coaches, analysts and everyone but a few jets fans, McElroy does not have it. Realization can be a *****. Accept it.


    No one thought jack **** of this guy, either.

    And before you go with the easy out, no; I'm not saying McElroy is Brady or ever going to be Brady. What I'm saying is that all those analysts and experts get **** wrong.

    Give the guy a chance to prove that he shouldn't be a starter and then you can talk all the **** you want about him. But, until the guy has actually been given a chance, please keep your ignorant mouth shut. Thank you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And Sanchez is absolutely still being coddled. That shot of Rex with his arm around Mark at his locker whispering sweet nothings into his ear says it all. We have a mentally, emotionally weak QB and a coach who lacks the wit and balls to do something about it.
    LOL. It's great that we're over analyzing pictures that we were never supposed to see in the first place.

    Stop acting like these guys are machines or superheroes. Rex would put his arm around any player, that doesn't mean he's coddling him. Football is an emotional game. What should have Rex done in your opinion, walk up to Mark and say "**** you kid, you suck, get off my team"?

    I get it, we're all the tough guys that sit behind keyboards and the people that coach and play this game for a living are the sissies.

    I bet Belichick has never put his arm around a player and comforted them, he's a real coach.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us