Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100

Thread: Why Sanchez should start

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The point is that they weren't these Hall of Fame guys at the start of their careers. It DEVELOPED over TIME. And how did that even start? They were given a CHANCE. How is this so damn hard for you to understand?
    Chance. There's an ironic word.

    How damn hard is it for you to understand that the probability of chance doesn't override logic or fact?

    Bet your mortgage at the roulette table, there's a chance you could pay it off.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So what they do on the field means nothing. Just talk and talk and talk about what you think they are and call it good.

    ****ing hell, I'm done with you Pick-6ers. Absolutely will not stop in support of Cantchez no matter what. ****ing pathetic.
    Pull yourself together man! Its not the end of the world.

  3. #43
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So what they do on the field means nothing. Just talk and talk and talk about what you think they are and call it good.

    ****ing hell, I'm done with you Pick-6ers. Absolutely will not stop in support of Cantchez no matter what. ****ing pathetic.
    See ya later! ...there goes my point. It was missed.

    I'm just pointing out the fallacies in your argument, I'm not saying you're wrong.

    Look at my earlier posts, I'd like to see what McElroy has. But also, I think it's logical and understandable to give Sanchez a second chance. I'm trusting the coaching staff. Again, the guys that do this for a living.

    Notice how I said all of that without cursing or calling you a weak nickname like you Backup-QBers.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    what do you do for a living? That's not a cheap shot, follow me here.

    I'm going to say you're an accountant. What if I said you had no idea what you're doing as an accountant based on my expert opinion of using TurboTax.

    They do it for a living. We don't. That's why we trust their judgement.
    So by this, you're saying...If you do something for a living you can't be wrong?

    Let's assume for a living you're a doctor - you have a patient that you think needs surgery and another doctor comes in and says you don't need surgery but rather medicine is the right choice.

    Surgery or Medicine - one is wrong and one is right...

    It's not like there wasn't a debate amongst the Jets coaching staff about this decision.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So by this, you're saying...If you do something for a living you can't be wrong?

    Let's assume for a living you're a doctor - you have a patient that you think needs surgery and another doctor comes in and says you don't need surgery but rather medicine is the right choice.

    Surgery or Medicine - one is wrong and one is right...

    It's not like there wasn't a debate amongst the Jets coaching staff about this decision.
    You are right. They pooled their collective brains together and came up with the solution. You just ruined your argument.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You are right. They pooled their collective brains together and came up with the solution. You just ruined your argument.
    I don't think you understood my argument. There are still people within the organization that believe something different. Rex made a decision that he may or may not have believed was the right choice.

    Me and many other fans believe it was the wrong decision. Just because he gets paid to make those decisions doesn't mean he was right.

    The point I'm making is just because you get paid doesn't mean you're always right.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I don't think you understood my argument. There are still people within the organization that believe something different. Rex made a decision that he may or may not have believed was the right choice.

    Me and many other fans believe it was the wrong decision. Just because he gets paid to make those decisions doesn't mean he was right.

    The point I'm making is just because you get paid doesn't mean you're always right.
    You are absolutely right that being paid to do something doesn't always mean you are right. However, he is in a lot better position to make a judgement than everyone else. Disagree with his decision or not, he is more qualified to make one than anyone on here. I tend to believe that the professionals know what they are doing. They obviously see something that we do not. They have all the facts laid out in front of them. We do not have the luxury of having all the info. Therefore I trust the organization as a whole to do what is right.

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So by this, you're saying...If you do something for a living you can't be wrong?

    Let's assume for a living you're a doctor - you have a patient that you think needs surgery and another doctor comes in and says you don't need surgery but rather medicine is the right choice.

    Surgery or Medicine - one is wrong and one is right...

    It's not like there wasn't a debate amongst the Jets coaching staff about this decision.
    That's a debate among professionals. Something that, in the sense of watching our favorite football team, we are not.

    The equivalent would be going to see a doctor, ignoring what the doctor says, and then you and I, the patients, argue over whether surgery or medicine is the right choice.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    That's a debate among professionals. Something that, in the sense of watching our favorite football team, we are not.

    The equivalent would be going to see a doctor, ignoring what the doctor says, and then you and I, the patients, argue over whether surgery or medicine is the right choice.
    I get it, but by all accounts, there was an internal debate with the Jets staff - therefor making this a choice amongst professionals.

    This isn't a vague question - it's an either - or. Either Sanchez gives them the best chance to win or he doesn't. Are you suggesting all of Rex's personell decision have been the right ones?

    All I'm saying is he's wrong this time. I don't understand why you believe Rex can't be wrong.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I get it, but by all accounts, there was an internal debate with the Jets staff - therefor making this a choice amongst professionals.

    This isn't a vague question - it's an either - or. Either Sanchez gives them the best chance to win or he doesn't. Are you suggesting all of Rex's personell decision have been the right ones?

    All I'm saying is he's wrong this time. I don't understand why you believe Rex can't be wrong.
    Nobody is saying Rex can't be wrong. Tell us why Rex is 100% wrong in this case. What makes you right? What information are you basing your results on? What are your qualifications to be able to make this decision? Are you at practice? Meetings? Film sessions?

    No seriously I want you to answer me these questions. I want to know how some Monday morning quaterback is typing on here and is not in our front office.

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I get it, but by all accounts, there was an internal debate with the Jets staff - therefor making this a choice amongst professionals.

    This isn't a vague question - it's an either - or. Either Sanchez gives them the best chance to win or he doesn't. Are you suggesting all of Rex's personell decision have been the right ones?

    All I'm saying is he's wrong this time. I don't understand why you believe Rex can't be wrong.
    I believe Rex can be very wrong. But just as you think he's wrong this time, I think he's right.

    Best chance to win. What's missing here is the context of that statement. Not with you, but a lot of this board. Best chance to win doesn't mean that Rex is coddling Sanchez, or thinks he's an all-pro, it means he is the best of three sub par options. That's Rex's opinion and I support that.

    Now if Sanchez blows next week, or however many remaining weeks he has, it's time to re-evaluate. But you can't re-evaluate without further evaluation. And that's why he's starting again this week.

  12. #52
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh and JetsfanfromtheBURGH, ::internet high five::


  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I was not surprised to see Sanchez listed as the starter for the game this week. The Jets have to find out if he can be what they thought he would be or if they have to start over and draft another QB. Tebow is not the answer and he would not be a starting QB with any other team and McElroy is seen as being a good back up but not a starter in the league.

    There are those who say that Sanchez is bad because of a poor supporting cast and I can agree with that to a point. The fact is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, telegraphs his throws and has very poor pocket presence.

    I do expect a LOT of changes next year but I expect Rex and Sanchez will be back.
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I believe Rex can be very wrong. But just as you think he's wrong this time, I think he's right.

    Best chance to win. What's missing here is the context of that statement. Not with you, but a lot of this board. Best chance to win doesn't mean that Rex is coddling Sanchez, or thinks he's an all-pro, it means he is the best of three sub par options. That's Rex's opinion and I support that.

    Now if Sanchez blows next week, or however many remaining weeks he has, it's time to re-evaluate. But you can't re-evaluate without further evaluation. And that's why he's starting again this week.
    I understand what you're saying. I got in the middle of this because some poster stated the position I'm taking made me a "Moron." I've been just trying stating my opinion that Sanchez is finished and McElroy gives the Jets the best chance to win is a valid one.

    The choice I would make is to sit Sanchez the rest of the year and have an open competition for the job next year with whomever we bring in to be the number two next year. Seeing what McElroy can do can help us determine if he's worthy of a potential starting job or even the number two role.

  15. #55
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I understand what you're saying. I got in the middle of this because some poster stated the position I'm taking made me a "Moron." I've been just trying stating my opinion that Sanchez is finished and McElroy gives the Jets the best chance to win is a valid one.

    The choice I would make is to sit Sanchez the rest of the year and have an open competition for the job next year with whomever we bring in to be the number two next year. Seeing what McElroy can do can help us determine if he's worthy of a potential starting job or even the number two role.
    welcome to my life, I'm called a moron everyday because my username has our starting QB in it.

    My honest opinion, I think I've stated it in this thread, McElroy starts the Chargers game. I'd also like to see what he has. Just not right now. I think Mark deserves one last chance.

  16. #56
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    How do we know if McElroy is a NFL Qb if he never starts. Sanchez will never be an elite Qb and neither will Tebow IMHO he isn't a Qb period .
    He's a 3rd string, second year player that prepares like he wants to start. The last 3rd stringer that had considerable starts was Brooks Bollinger. POSSIBLY the "Biggest Heart Ever in Green and White"; a courageous, undersized guy.

    Defenses found Brooks to be easily murderized. Greg can look forward to the same treatment.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I underestimated you. Great post.
    Thanks.

    The ironic thing is that while I agree that it does make sense to start Sanchez against Jax, I think the kid is done and probably won't finish the season as the starter.

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    what part of these "evaluators" are in the NFL do you not understand? I dont know what you do for a living, but im almost positive it isnt anything to do with football. Why are your ideas better than the people that get paid to do make these decisions? You wanna talk about dense..... dude, just stop.

    Seriously, step back and think about what you are saying. Im serious
    It might very well be that because we are "stepped back", we can take a more accurate assessment as we don't have ego or personal loyalty involved.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    .
    Is it pronounced FEE-DELL-EE-O-EE-OWN?

  20. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    what do you do for a living? That's not a cheap shot, follow me here.

    I'm going to say you're an accountant. What if I said you had no idea what you're doing as an accountant based on my expert opinion of using TurboTax.

    They do it for a living. We don't. That's why we trust their judgement.
    So what ? I know plenty of people who do stuff "for a living" who are incompetent in their fields. History is replete with lots of coaches who, it turns out, didn't know what the hell they were doing. I mean, is it written somewhere that once someone gets the title of "coach", that they MUST BE good at the job ? No, it just means that someone was dumb enough to give them the job.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us