Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Sanchez should start

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

No one thought jack **** of this guy, either.

And before you go with the easy out, no; I'm not saying McElroy is Brady or ever going to be Brady. What I'm saying is that all those analysts and experts get **** wrong.

Give the guy a chance to prove that he shouldn't be a starter and then you can talk all the **** you want about him. But, until the guy has actually been given a chance, please keep your ignorant mouth shut. Thank you.
    Listen dude. If you want to cross your fingers and hope that this guy will even sniff Tom Brady's jock strap, then go ahead. You are taking 1 extreme case and comparing that to this situation. You are wrong when it comes to this. You just are.

The fact that you don't see how completely stupid what you just said is has be cracking up.

Do you do comedy professionally? Haha.
    Yes I'm quite aware of the frustration, it was a general point that it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with this franchise.

No one thought jack **** of this guy, either.

And before you go with the easy out, no; I'm not saying McElroy is Brady or ever going to be Brady. What I'm saying is that all those analysts and experts get **** wrong.

Give the guy a chance to prove that he shouldn't be a starter and then you can talk all the **** you want about him. But, until the guy has actually been given a chance, please keep your ignorant mouth shut. Thank you.
    speaking of completely stupid.

let's take a once in a lifetime, 6th round draft pick hall of fame QB, and say that the analysts and experts get things wrong.

forget the hundreds of backup QB's that the analysts and experts got right. that never became anything.

they missed on one guy. so clearly the odds are in our favor that we have guy number two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Yes I'm quite aware of the frustration, it was a general point that it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with this franchise.
    It's actually a start if you suck, start if you suck situation.

All League

let's take a once in a lifetime, 6th round draft pick hall of fame QB, and say that the analysts and experts get things wrong.

forget the hundreds of backup QB's that the analysts and experts got right. that never became anything.

they missed on one guy. so clearly the odds are in our favor that we have guy number two.
    These people live in fantasy land.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. It's great that we're over analyzing pictures that we were never supposed to see in the first place.

Stop acting like these guys are machines or superheroes. Rex would put his arm around any player, that doesn't mean he's coddling him. Football is an emotional game. What should have Rex done in your opinion, walk up to Mark and say "**** you kid, you suck, get off my team"?

I get it, we're all the tough guys that sit behind keyboards and the people that coach and play this game for a living are the sissies.

I bet Belichick has never put his arm around a player and comforted them, he's a real coach.

It was a video clip. Sanchez sulking and hanging his head at his locker while Rex wraps his arm around his shoulder and gives him a little back rub.

This isn't an isolated incident. We routinely see Sanchez hang his head with a hopeless look painted on his face when things go south. With guys like Bart on the sideline grabbing him by the facemask and telling him to keep his head up.

He's mentally and emotionally spent. You see it in his face, you see it in his body language, you hear it in his voice at every post game conference. He isn't salvageable at this point.

And no, these guys aren't superheroes.

They're grown men who make millions to play a kids game for a living.

And when my starting QB has a $65 million dollar contract, I expect him to perform at a serviceable level.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Listen dude. If you want to cross your fingers and hope that this guy will even sniff Tom Brady's jock strap, then go ahead. You are taking 1 extreme case and comparing that to this situation. You are wrong when it comes to this. You just are.

You two obviously didn't even bother to read my post. I clearly stated that I wasn't comparing McElroy to Brady. What I was doing was saying that taking pre-draft and analyst talk as the Bible truth is stupid. You actually have to take a look at guys on the field once in a while, you know?

And as far as missing guys goes? What about Montana being drafted at the end of the 3rd round? What about Arian Foster going UNDRAFTED? Yea, guys fall through the cracks. It's not as though Brady was the only one to ever sleep buy these guys.

Again, I'm not even saying every 6th rounder or undrafted player is going to become great. What I'm saying is that, in this case, we have a bust of a 1st rounder at QB and we're not even going to honestly see if our other option can do anything more for us (we've already seen he can be more than efficient last Sunday) and the logic that's being presented back to me is that "well, pre-draft experts said this and that". Really?
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.

You two obviously didn't even bother to read my post. I clearly stated that I wasn't comparing McElroy to Brady. What I was doing was saying that taking pre-draft and analyst talk as the Bible truth is stupid. You actually have to take a look at guys on the field once in a while, you know?

And as far as missing guys goes? What about Montana being drafted at the end of the 3rd round? What about Arian Foster going UNDRAFTED? Yea, guys fall through the cracks. It's not as though Brady was the only one to ever sleep buy these guys.

Again, I'm not even saying ever 6th rounder or undrafted player is going to become great. What I'm saying is that, in this case, we have a bust of a 1st rounder at QB and we're not even going to honestly see if our other option can do anything more for us (we've already seen he can be more than efficient last Sunday).
    Luckily enough, they practice every week. The coaches take a look at these guys on the field every day. Sure it isn't the same as live action, but it's also being judged by guys who know what level of performance at practice translates to production on Sunday.

It's not up to the fans to evaluate players. We aren't owed a McElroy start to "see what he has".

Luckily enough, they practice every week. The coaches take a look at these guys on the field every day. Sure it isn't the same as live action, but it's also being judged by guys who know what level of performance at practice translates to production on Sunday.

It's not up to the fans to evaluate players.
    Yea, Brady practiced every week while he was last on the QB depth chart as well. What part of SEE IT ON THE FIELD do you not understand? I also completely love how you talk about Rex's talent evaluation as if that helps your argument.

Sigh. Just can't get through to you Pick-6ers.

All League
    You two obviously didn't even bother to read my post. I clearly stated that I wasn't comparing McElroy to Brady. What I was doing was taking pre-draft and analyst talk as the Bible truth. You actually have to take a look at guys on the field once in a while, you know?

Again, I'm not even saying ever 6th rounder or undrafted player is going to become great. What I'm saying is that, in this case, we have a bust of a 1st rounder at QB and we're not even going to honestly see if our other option can do anything more for us (we've already seen he can be more than efficient last Sunday).
    Then why not play him then? what would be the reason? Its not about the money. Sanchez will make his money weather he plays or not. If these guys are fighting for thier jobs, dont you think they will play the person who has the best shot at winning? Id be all for mcelroy starting if i thought he was better than sanchez and could do a better job. I dont believe he can and the majority of people dont either. Its a ****ty season and now would be the time you could "try Mcelroy out", but they are not. That leads me to believe that the guy doesnt have what it takes. He was successfull last week, with nobody having tape on the guy. What happens when they know he has no arm and can plan for him? If sanchez is as bad as everyone on here is saying he is and he is still starting, what does that say about Mcelroy?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is no logical explanation for Sanchez getting the start. At least not performance wise.

We've played 12 games this season and Sanchez has looked good in maybe 3 of them (Bills, Colts, Rams).

It's painfully obvious that this kid is what he is. Maybe a serviceable backup who can come in and win a game or two in a pinch. That's the future of Mark Sanchez. He is in no way the future of this team.

Sitting this kid for a quarter and a half isn't going to suddenly make some magical switch flip on.

Rex had a chance to send a real message by either moving on from the Sanchez era permanently, or at least going with McElroy for the final 4 games and make it clear to Mark that he'll be involved in an open competition for the job next year since we're basically stuck with him. No more handouts.

Instead, we witness the same coddling of Sanchez that we've come to expect from this front office.

Sure there is. The logic is very simple. Many complained that Sanchez was coddled in that he didn't have to worry about being benched OR losing his gig.

For the first time, Rex yanked his ass and put him on the bench. Question then is "How does Mark respond to this?" Only way to find out is to send him back out there as the starter the next week.

As for not being able to flip a switch, history has shown that this very well does happen.

If this were the last game of the season, it might be different, but Rex still has the opportunity to send all kinds of messages. If Sanchez goes to Jax and continues to do stupid and ill-advised things, i.e. he doesn't respond positively to the benching, then bench his ass again, and this time make it for the rest of the season.

Then, as you discussed, go ahead and have a true QB competition in camp next year. I'm talking about having all QBs split reps with all the squads. using who we have now, that would mean Sanchez, Tebow and McElroy would rotate taking snaps with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams so that none of them have an unfair advantage when being judged.

I'd even go further and make the sessions "live" when possible, meaning that the QB can be hit. Would quietly talk to the defense and tell them that anyone who actually injures one of the QBs would be cut immediately, but I wouldn't tell the offense about that discussion. Goal would be to protect the QB from injury of course, BUT, to be able to see how they perform under real pressure (or something close to it).

Anyways, my overall point is that there's still time for all that to happen, that starting Sanchez this week doesn't prevent that, and lastly, that it's completely logical to see how Sanchez responds to being benched and humiliated last week.

Yea, Brady practiced every week while he was last on the QB depth chart as well. What part of SEE IT ON THE FIELD do you not understand?

Again, once in a lifetime hall of fame QB.

Brady started due to injury and the rest is history. Belichick didn't make the move to SEE IT ON THE FIELD.

Now perhaps Belichick would have made the move down the line anyway. Perhaps he saw a future in Brady that Rex doesn't see in McElroy. Can we maybe, just maybe, trust the guys that do this everyday for a living?

Patiently waiting for the "but Rex isn't Belichick" posts.

All League
    Yea, Brady practiced every week while he was last on the QB depth chart as well. What part of SEE IT ON THE FIELD do you not understand? I also completely love how you talk about Rex's talent evaluation as if that helps your argument.

Rex may not be the best evaluator in the world, but he is a Head Coach in the NFL. Now there are some crappy head coaches out there, but the worst head coach of an NFL team probably can evalutae players better than the best poster on this board.

Then why not play him then? what would be the reason? Its not about the money. Sanchez will make his money weather he plays or not. If these guys are fighting for thier jobs, dont you think they will play the person who has the best shot at winning? Id be all for mcelroy starting if i thought he was better than sanchez and could do a better job. I dont believe he can and the majority of people dont either. Its a ****ty season and now would be the time you could "try Mcelroy out", but they are not. That leads me to believe that the guy doesnt have what it takes. He was successfull last week, with nobody having tape on the guy. What happens when they know he has no arm and can plan for him? If sanchez is as bad as everyone on here is saying he is and he is still starting, what does that say about Mcelroy?
    Yet they're starting Sanchez. Think about that for a minute.

These guys CLEARLY don't know dick about evaluating talent, so why the **** are you acting like their judgment is the end all, be all? ****ing hell, you Pick-6ers are dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sure there is. The logic is very simple. Many complained that Sanchez was coddled in that he didn't have to worry about being benched OR losing his gig.

For the first time, Rex yanked his ass and put him on the bench. Question then is "How does Mark respond to this?" Only way to find out is to send him back out there as the starter the next week.

As for not being able to flip a switch, history has shown that this very well does happen.

If this were the last game of the season, it might be different, but Rex still has the opportunity to send all kinds of messages. If Sanchez goes to Jax and continues to do stupid and ill-advised things, i.e. he doesn't respond positively to the benching, then bench his ass again, and this time make it for the rest of the season.

Then, as you discussed, go ahead and have a true QB competition in camp next year. I'm talking about having all QBs split reps with all the squads. using who we have now, that would mean Sanchez, Tebow and McElroy would rotate taking snaps with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams so that none of them have an unfair advantage when being judged.

I'd even go further and make the sessions "live" when possible, meaning that the QB can be hit. Would quietly talk to the defense and tell them that anyone who actually injures one of the QBs would be cut immediately, but I wouldn't tell the offense about that discussion. Goal would be to protect the QB from injury of course, BUT, to be able to see how they perform under real pressure (or something close to it).

Anyways, my overall point is that there's still time for all that to happen, that starting Sanchez this week doesn't prevent that, and lastly, that it's completely logical to see how Sanchez responds to being benched and humiliated last week.
    I underestimated you. Great post.

Again, once in a lifetime hall of fame QB.

Brady started due to injury and the rest is history. Belichick didn't make the move to SEE IT ON THE FIELD.

Now perhaps Belichick would have made the move down the line anyway. Perhaps he saw a future in Brady that Rex doesn't see in McElroy. Can we maybe, just maybe, trust the guys that do this everyday for a living?

Patiently waiting for the "but Rex isn't Belichick" posts.
    The point is that they weren't these Hall of Fame guys at the start of their careers. It DEVELOPED over TIME. And how did that even start? They were given a CHANCE. How is this so damn hard for you to understand?

All League

These guys CLEARLY don't know dick about evaluating talent, so why the **** are you acting like their judgment is the end all, be all? ****ing hell, you Pick-6ers are dense.
    what part of these "evaluators" are in the NFL do you not understand? I dont know what you do for a living, but im almost positive it isnt anything to do with football. Why are your ideas better than the people that get paid to do make these decisions? You wanna talk about dense..... dude, just stop.

Seriously, step back and think about what you are saying. Im serious

what part of these "evaluators" are in the NFL do you not understand? I dont know what you do for a living, but im almost positive it isnt anything to do with football. Why are your ideas better than the people that get paid to do make these decisions? You wanna talk about dense..... dude, just stop.

Seriously, step back and think about what you are saying. Im serious
    How about YOU step back, you freakin Sanchez fanboy? God damn, all I'm asking as that the guy be given a CHANCE to prove that he isn't any good since we already KNOW and have SEEN that our starter is ****ing terrible.

what do you do for a living? That's not a cheap shot, follow me here.

I'm going to say you're an accountant. What if I said you had no idea what you're doing as an accountant based on my expert opinion of using TurboTax.

They do it for a living. We don't. That's why we trust their judgement.

what do you do for a living? That's not a cheap shot, follow me here.

I'm going to say you're an accountant. What if I said you had no idea what you're doing as an accountant based on my expert opinion of using TurboTax.

They do it for a living. We don't. That's why we trust their judgement.
    So what they do on the field means nothing. Just talk and talk and talk about what you think they are and call it good.

****ing hell, I'm done with you Pick-6ers. Absolutely will not stop in support of Cantchez no matter what. ****ing pathetic.

All League
    How about YOU step back, you freakin Sanchez fanboy? God damn, all I'm asking as that the guy be given a CHANCE to prove that he isn't any good since we already KNOW and have SEEN that our starter is ****ing terrible.
    Easy Chief.

Im not a Sanchez fanboy. Im just a realistic fan. I want the best to start. If that happens to be Mcelroy or Tebow then so be it. However, it seems that this just inst the case. Can you tell me why, that if its so glaring that Mcelroy gives us a better chance to win, he isnt starting sunday? I would like to know. You are running around yelling that the sky is green when everyone knows that it is blue. Thats how stupid it sounds. think about it "breh"