Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much of Sanchez' regression is on his bad receiving corps???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

He needs a solid running game, solid WR's, solid ST's and a solid defense to help get good field postion.
    Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell also would have been good QB's if they had all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell also would have been good QB's if they had all of that.
    Exactly. You shouldn't have to surround a guy with probowlers at every position just to get him to quit throwing stupid INTs and fumbling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phillip Rivers is a guy who has no running game, horrible receivers and a bad online. His stat line is reflective of a good qb who has no help.

Sanchez numbers are reflective of a bad qb who has no help.

Im too lazy to post the numbers but look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Same play he threw the red zone pick, I believe.

So, no, he sucks REGARDLESS.
    I am so sick and tired hearing about how he doesn't have the talent around him. Really?? If you're fortunate enough to be one of 53 to make an NFL roster and get playing time, you clearly have talent. This picture says it all. I'm sure the fact that he didn't throw it to Hill is because he has no talented wr's on the is team

He blows, time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Same play he threw the red zone pick, I believe.

So, no, he sucks REGARDLESS.
    Here's an example where having better talent makes you look better. No one probably remembers how Kerley made a nice grab of at least 20 yards a few plays before, and had the DB and safety beat by at least 4 yards. He gets caught from behind and I say to myself this drive will end up in a FG (ended in the pic instead).
    Guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, even Victor Cruz takes that to the house!! TD Sanchez, instead of a pic.
    Also I understand why Sanchez did'nt throw to Hill...would you. He probably saw him just like the Rueland play in St Louis, and he is our number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Phillip Rivers is a guy who has no running game, horrible receivers and a bad online. His stat line is reflective of a good qb who has no help.

Sanchez numbers are reflective of a bad qb who has no help.

Im too lazy to post the numbers but look it up.
    Good call, but don't forget atrocious head coach for Rivers too. Although I'm not willing to give Rivers a complete pass, he has made waaaaaay too many unforced errors even given the bad circumstances he is in.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Here's an example where having better talent makes you look better. No one probably remembers how Kerley made a nice grab of at least 20 yards a few plays before, and had the DB and safety beat by at least 4 yards. He gets caught from behind and I say to myself this drive will end up in a FG (ended in the pic instead).
    Guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, even Victor Cruz takes that to the house!! TD Sanchez, instead of a pic.
    Also I understand why Sanchez did'nt throw to Hill...would you. He probably saw him just like the Rueland play in St Louis, and he is our number 2.
    If you seriously think you shouldn't throw to a guy wide open in the end zone (or anywhere for that matter), you should probably stop watching football because it's gone way over your head.

The poor receiver play must have something to do with it but ...

He hasn't been the same since the Baltimore game last year.
    To me the regressions began there.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You can't really have regression when you sucked from the get-go.
    Well, then there's that.

The best we've seen from Sanchez (and it was part of his game when he enjoyed a superlative surrounding cast his first two years) would be him getting on a hot streak. Usually we'd have to see 30-40 minutes of pedestrian quarterbacking to get there.

I've never felt confident with him to pick apart a good defense. Not ever - and he's never been the best Jet on field for a whole game. For that to be the case for a 4-year starting quarterback says something. Even the Dilfers would have their day.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    have to disagree. They still would have been bad QBs, but they would have played on decent/good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    On the play you are talking about, the ball was a bit short, causing Kerley to slow a step and then still catch it to the inside on his back shoulder. (Just imagine turning your torso to the right and then putting your hands up and catching the ball on your right shoulder.) He then cut back inside to avoid the safety.

Don't take that the wrong way. It was a good throw that was "on target", but if Sanchez had placed the ball better, then Kerley might have caught it in stride and blown by the safety.

And no, I don't understand why he didn't throw the ball to Hill.

Not making excuses for Sanchez because I already mentioned I want McElroy to play, but with out help even he will eventually falter. Imagine this play (about 1:13 in) with Schillens, or HIll. 100% incomplete pass. This is thrown by a QB who already has 2 picks, the great Mathew Stafford.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201211...73&tab=analyze