Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Norv Turner To Be Fired At End Of Season

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sparano is absolutely part of the problem.

    He's an inexperienced playcaller who implements an ultra conservative offense and doesn't really seem to have a plan in place. We heard him talk about the wildcat all offseason and it has been a total non-factor. We still have an identity crisis as well. Are we a running team or do we want to spread the field?

    This was a terrible hire from the get-go.

    Why the hell we chose to go with him over a guy like Todd Haley or Bruce Arians, I have no clue.

    Question for you :

    Who is worse? Sparano or Hackett?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sparano is absolutely part of the problem.

    He's an inexperienced playcaller who implements an ultra conservative offense and doesn't really seem to have a plan in place. We heard him talk about the wildcat all offseason and it has been a total non-factor. We still have an identity crisis as well. Are we a running team or do we want to spread the field?

    This was a terrible hire from the get-go.

    Why the hell we chose to go with him over a guy like Todd Haley or Bruce Arians, I have no clue.
    Because Sparano and Rex have the same offensive philosophy. Ground & Pound.

    Haley prefers to pass rather than run the ball. That clashes with Rex's philosophy. No doubt somebody like him would bump heads with Rex frequently

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sparano is absolutely part of the problem.

    He's an inexperienced playcaller who implements an ultra conservative offense and doesn't really seem to have a plan in place. We heard him talk about the wildcat all offseason and it has been a total non-factor. We still have an identity crisis as well. Are we a running team or do we want to spread the field?

    This was a terrible hire from the get-go.

    Why the hell we chose to go with him over a guy like Todd Haley or Bruce Arians, I have no clue.
    You answered your own question. Rex wants a conservative offense.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Okay, Einstein.


    What was DDNY getting at?


    Tell me what the "Point" is then instead of mocking me?



    EDIT : I just saw DDNY's response but you're a jerk for mocking me anyway. GFY.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Okay, Einstein.

    What was DDNY getting at?

    Tell me what the "Point" is then instead of mocking me?

    EDIT : I just saw DDNY's response but you're a jerk for mocking me anyway. GFY.
    LOL. So much outrage.

    Save some for Sunday.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You answered your own question. Rex wants a conservative offense.
    He may want a conservative offense, but I'm pretty sure he isn't too big a fan of the inept clusterf*ck that Sparano trots out on the field every week. Sparano's playcalling is no less predictable than Schotty's. How many runs up the middle do we have to watch on 1st down?

    If Rex wants any shot to last as a HC in this league, then he better put this blind loyalty sh*t to rest, pronto.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Question for you :

    Who is worse? Sparano or Hackett?
    Sparano, easily.

    Despite Hackett's shortcomings, he was still the best of the Schitty/Shades bunch by far.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He may want a conservative offense, but I'm pretty sure he isn't too big a fan of the inept clusterf*ck that Sparano trots out on the field every week. Sparano's playcalling is no less predictable than Schotty's. How many runs up the middle do we have to watch on 1st down?

    If Rex wants any shot to last as a HC in this league, then he better put this blind loyalty sh*t to rest, pronto.
    Don't tell me tell Rex. Rex won't return my calls.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This was in bad taste. I apologize to Vin.

  10. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No one is talking about bringing in Norv as HC.

    He would take over for Sparano as OC.

    The guy is a brilliant offensive mind, he just isn't a HC.

    Norv could be to our offense what Wade Phillips was to the Texans defense.
    He's Wade Philips on the offensive side of the ball. Experts at what they know and dolts as the HC.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Because Sparano and Rex have the same offensive philosophy. Ground & Pound.

    Haley prefers to pass rather than run the ball. That clashes with Rex's philosophy. No doubt somebody like him would bump heads with Rex frequently
    That's the biggest problem Rex needs to move away from. But I'm pretty sure he preaches ground and pound only because we have such a turnover prone QB. Wants to take it out of his hands as much as possible.

    Once we actually have a legit QB, hopefully he's more open to throwing it a lot more.

  12. #52
    Time to dump Rex. He has had enough time. He has no clue how to run an offense.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Time to dump Rex. He has had enough time. He has no clue how to run an offense.
    Or a team. A defense, yes. But big difference between running 1 side of the ball as opposed to a whole team. Unfortunately I'm afraid we'll be stuck with this clown another yr.

  14. #54
    Damned autocomplete
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 12-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This was in bad taste. I apologize to Vin.
    Thank you. I accept your apology.




    Now can we please shove Sparano into a box and mail it to Siberia? Thanks.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Rivers and Norv would fail miserably here. The cupboard is beyond bare. We have nothing on offense, it'll take a few years to build up talent on that side of the ball. Better off drafting a QB next April and spending all or most of our picks on offense.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Thought this was pretty interesting:

    It is not known who will take over for Turner, but current Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Raye is the apparent replacement for Smith. Raye, who has been with the Chargers for 17 seasons, will ascend to a job much like Smith’s but with his new right-hand man being the owner’s son, John Spanos.

    The younger Spanos, currently the team’s Director of College Scouting, has long been in line to take over the Chargers’ football operations, but the plan was for that to not happen until the expiration of Smith’s contract after the 2014 season.

    People familiar with the discussions say Raye has occasionally dissented in personnel matters over the years. Perhaps most notably, Raye fought to draft inside linebacker David Harris over Buster Davis in 2007. Davis, drafted 30th by the Chargers, was limited by injury to two starts and is now out of the league. Harris was taken by the New York Jets with the 47th overall selection, and has started 80 games. He was an All-Pro in 2009.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us