Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The bigger point is that maybe Sanchez, with the realistic threat of being pulled from the game, now understands he has to make certain adjustments and/or CHANGE his approach.
    It's not Sanchez' approach that's the problem. It's the dumb decision making that he does time and again.

First INT (first of the game) was on a stupid decision and bad throw. Second INT was way too high and another bad decision. The last INT was him waiting too long to throw it to Schil. Even a bad CB wouldve knocked the ball away.

Sanchez needs a sports psychologist before he steps on the field again.

If the Jets hope to trade Sanchez in the offseason they have to give him a chance to right things for himself. If you sit him you destroy any chance of getting anything for him when the season ends. The Jets hands are tied.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex had an out. A golden opportunity to divorce himself of Sanchez and actually save his own job. Now he's toast.
    The only way he saves his job is if sanchez plays great these last 4 games. Some people are missing the point. Wins dont matter now. The season is over. The only thing that matters for Rex is that mike tannebaum keeps his job.

and the only way mike tannenbaum keeps his job is if mark sanchez turns into a franchise qb over the next 4 games.

If tanny goes, rex goes. Rex needs tanny to keep his job.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Eva Braun.
    I would argue Neville Chamberlain. "Der Führer is harmless and means England no evil will. Those V-2 rockets are harmless and are not even pointed at us."

The bigger point is that maybe Sanchez, with the realistic threat of being pulled from the game, now understands he has to make certain adjustments and/or CHANGE his approach.
    Yea, he's just gonna go ahead and fix it. Easy as ABC.

If his four years of poor play didn't make him understand that, I don't think being benched for two quarters will do it. Either guys want to always get better without outside pressure, or don't. Then again, some just can't. My money's on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    First of all, do you REALLY think the Jets are even going to give him a chance to do anything to really prove himself? They will run the ball 50 times and continue not to trust him in critical situations.

All Sanchez will do is try and play it safe with his throws. And still that might not even be enough considering he knows how to mess that up as well.

All Jax has to do is blitz Sanchez and he'll make that mistake. He doesn't know how to handle any kind of pressure.

That's the question that Rex and company want/need to figure out.

It's funny, it was damned near universally felt that Sanchez was coddled and that since there was never a danger of him being benched, it stunted his growth/drive, whatever.

Well, his ass finally got benched. It's completely logical and understandable that Rex and company would want to see how he reacts to that. Does he come back as a better QB ? Or will it be the same old **** ?

Just because he's starting the game this weekend doesn't mean that he has to finish it. If he's out there making poor throws and poor decisions, he can be yanked again, perhaps this time, permanently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I would argue Neville Chamberlain. "Der Führer is harmless and means England evil will. Those V-2 rockets are harmless and are not even pointed at us."
    Nah, your analogy doesn't work at this moment because everything is crashing down around them and everyone has left, except them two.

Before he was more like Bagdad Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Well DunceFP..

out of touch...guilty as charged

Fat...not even close

50 percent completion pct...not good enuf

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    douchebag....now I'm up to 67%

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The only way he saves his job is if sanchez plays great these last 4 games. Some people are missing the point. Wins dont matter now. The season is over. The only thing that matters for Rex is that mike tannebaum keeps his job.

and the only way mike tannenbaum keeps his job is if mark sanchez turns into a franchise qb over the next 4 games.

If tanny goes, rex goes. Rex needs tanny to keep his job.
    I disagree. Rex couldve survived with a new GM. Tanny wouldve been the fall guy. Now if Sanchez continues to suck, then everyone is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's the question that Rex and company want/need to figure out.

It's funny, it was damned near universally felt that Sanchez was coddled and that since there was never a danger of him being benched, it stunted his growth/drive, whatever.

Well, his ass finally got benched. It's completely logical and understandable that Rex and company would want to see how he reacts to that. Does he come back as a better QB ? Or will it be the same old **** ?

Just because he's starting the game this weekend doesn't mean that he has to finish it. If he's out there making poor throws and poor decisions, he can be yanked again, perhaps this time, permanently.
    Thank God you're here. Who woulda thunk that we BOTH would end up losing?
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    If his four years of poor play didn't make him understand that, I don't think being benched for two quarters will do it. Either guys want to always get better without outside pressure, or don't. Then again, some just can't. My money's on the latter.
    this. He has been a starter in the NFL for almost 4 seasons, yet he still can't read defenses or make the proper throws to his secondary reads and is not accurate. This won't change in 1week (maybe ever??). It sucks but that is the truth

Bad Decision.

But the ONLY decision this team and front office could make.

They drafted him in the first round, gave him a big guaranteed extention. He (sanchez" is all but guaranteed to enter next season as the #1 uncontested starter due to those two factors.

To demote him, while perhaps the right move on the field, is the wrong move for Rex and Tanny, both of whom would (as Sal Pal put it so well this morn. on Mike & Mike) have to do alot of answering of tough questions they're not ready or willing to answer at this point in this situation.

So fully expect to see sanchez start EVERY game for the rest of 2012, and barring total 3+ INT collapse, finish every game as well.

Expect Tebow to be cut in the offseason and a nobody brought in as #2/#3.

And Sanchez to go into 2013 as the starter.

Sucks, but thats reality as it stands today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Sometimes it is just a "flick of the switch".

When exactly did Eli go from being a mediocre QB about to be run out of NY, to borderline "eite" ? As I recall, it wasn't during an offseason. By that I mean that it's not like he was so so one year, then came back and was completely different at the start of the next season. It just kind of happened along the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Has anybody told Brandon Moore yet?
    yes they did, and his ass was not happy.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    This is rich...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan's decision to start Sanchez makes sense since, as NYDN reported yesterday, OC Tony Sparano & GM Mike Tannenbaum preferred Sanchez
    Of course Tannenbaum does. To think anything else means Mikey Boy made an 8 million dollar **** up.

All League
    **** you ...Rex....I hope Mark throws two picks in the first quarter ..

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thank God you're hear. Who woulda thunk that we BOTH would end up losing?

Well, I called this one right after the AZ game.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The canary is dead.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I think people need to relax.

It was absolutely the correct decision to bench Sanchez against Arizona after that horrendous first half. But we do not know how Sanchez will respond to that benching. There is a CHANCE that it lights a fire under him and he's able to bounce back. We know Hill is finally making some plays, Powell is getting more carries, and the OL is holding up fairly well. This is it- Sanchez has to show up.

Just because we're not starting McElroy, it doesn't mean we can't still see what he has. If Sanchez struggles, McElroy can pop back in. Hell, he can start the last 3 games of the season. But if you don't let Sanchez start against Jax, you OFFICIALLY close the book on Sanchez, and that's a tough pill to swallow with the 2013 financial investment looming. You have to be POSITIVE that Sanchez doesn't have it anymore, and you can't know that until you see him play against Jax.
    Thanks for that, I'm not good with typing or words

All that I would add is that we have come this far for better, or worse and I'm not sure if Sanchez is done, What have all the other 4 year, 5 year, 6 year Qb's done? I look at the big picture.