Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check it out McGinley:

Post time:

12-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You all know that Rex is going to start Sanchez next game.

Question then is, who replaces him when he gets benched yet again ? If Tebow is healthy, does he get the nod ? Or does McElroy ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the question that Rex and company want/need to figure out.

It's funny, it was damned near universally felt that Sanchez was coddled and that since there was never a danger of him being benched, it stunted his growth/drive, whatever.

Well, his ass finally got benched. It's completely logical and understandable that Rex and company would want to see how he reacts to that. Does he come back as a better QB ? Or will it be the same old **** ?

Just because he's starting the game this weekend doesn't mean that he has to finish it. If he's out there making poor throws and poor decisions, he can be yanked again, perhaps this time, permanently.
    This is too logical. Stop it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex couldve survived with a new GM.
    Potential GMs are salivating at keeping a loud mouth, offesively clueless coach whos teams has went to sh!t the last 2 years. Get serious.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    If the Jets hope to trade Sanchez in the offseason they have to give him a chance to right things for himself. If you sit him you destroy any chance of getting anything for him when the season ends. The Jets hands are tied.
    Trade him? What are you smoking?

Huge salary and zero talent. Maybe they'll get a 1st and 3rd and a starting RB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Potential GMs are salivating at keeping a loud mouth, offesively clueless coach whos teams has went to sh!t the last 2 years. Get serious.
    Well, if you put it that way ....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans need to hope Sanchez plays well, because if he doesn't he'll have no trade value in the offseason and he'll be guaranteed to be here next year.

If he plays bad against Jacksonville though then you have to turn the page on him. That's the 32nd rated defense there, he needs to have a big day or he's done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you put it that way ....
    Lets throw in the fact you are going to have to deal with false guarantees, Foot fetish videos and going to ufc fights and flipping off the fans.

This is whats on rex ryans resume.

You think any GM is going to want to deal with this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check it out McGinley:

Post time:

12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
    What I would add is that, if you read this thread: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251466 , it would appear that Tim wouldn't get the nod over Mac even if he were healthy.

Speculation of course, but this tweet from Manish would seem to reaffirm suspicions that Tim was never here to actually back up Mark.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan never seriously considered starting Tim Tebow this week vs Jaguars. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans need to hope Sanchez plays well, because if he doesn't he'll have no trade value in the offseason and he'll be guaranteed to be here next year.

If he plays bad against Jacksonville though then you have to turn the page on him. That's the 32nd rated defense there, he needs to have a big day or he's done.
    lol, who the **** would take Mark's 8 million dollar, fumblin' ass?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Trade him? What are you smoking?

Huge salary and zero talent. Maybe they'll get a 1st and 3rd and a starting RB.
    They'll have to eat half his salary to get rid of him maybe, but as it stands now he is valueless. They have to play him to try improve his value. They have no other choice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, who the **** would take Mark's 8 million dollar, fumblin' ass?
    If they can get someone to pick up half his salary then they'll have $4 million to spend on a needed impact player. Got any better suggestions i'd like to he 'em.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they can get someone to pick up half his salary then they'll have $4 million to spend on a needed impact player. Got any better suggestions i'd like to he 'em.
    Okay, who's going to pay $4M for Sanchez' services?

$3M?

$2M?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot ever remember a time as a jets fan which i have been since a kid im 40 so this is a long time ever being so disgusted with this team. Mark gives then no change to win. Watching this Sanchez play this year is like getting punched in the face over and over again. As soon as he runs out on the field you thing god we got no chance to win this game. I may just be ranting , But its just sad to be a jets fan these days. I mean what more can Sanchez do to get benched this year. Even the worst days in the kottie years i had a better feeling we might win than i do with Sanchez out there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No other GMs out there are saying, "Lets watch Sanchez these last 4 games against terrible teams. If he looks good, lets make a trade for him."

Come on man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I would add is that, if you read this thread: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251466 , it would appear that Tim wouldn't get the nod over Mac even if he were healthy.

Speculation of course, but this tweet from Manish would seem to reaffirm suspicions that Tim was never here to actually back up Mark.

Rex Ryan never seriously considered starting Tim Tebow this week vs Jaguars. #nyj
    Yep, speculation. Time will tell. IF Tebow is 100% so there's no health reasons, and IF he still isn't suited up, or IF Rex suits all three and then goes with McElroy, that would be extremely telling.

Of course, that wouldn't change my mind about Tebow's abilities, but that's for another thread/discussion.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really Rex? This is exactly what should have been done last year during Mark's worst game (can't remember which one.) Bench the kid, send him a message and let him start the next week. Only problem was GMAC was on IR and there was no viable B/U.

This is the right move, but it comes much too late (hence it is the wrong move)

I just don't know anymore. Does Mark really have the ability to come back strong? Will his team mates get behind him? Does it really matter?

This organization is a mess.

I hate this crap!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what we'll do: We tell Mark that he needs to catch a breather for a few days, and so we send him on a short vacation to Florida. Then....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, speculation. Time will tell. IF Tebow is 100% so there's no health reasons, and IF he still isn't suited up, or IF Rex suits all three and then goes with McElroy, that would be extremely telling.

Of course, that wouldn't change my mind about Tebow's abilities, but that's for another thread/discussion.
    Rex will never go to Tebow. If he was, he would've done it before now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I actually don't think that's possible.

He knows - but his and Tanny's asses are tied to Sanchez success and that contract extension.

This isn't about football. It's about his own his own job security.
    Except for playing McElroy is maybe the one move he could do to save his job. Going along with Tannen****head and Sparanass just means he will go down with them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

this will be confirmed when sanchez continues to stink and he's benched again in the 2nd half and mcelroy comes in. the big loser here is tebow, he honestly thought he had a shot to start here at some point. the jets tricked him.