Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is wrong about the Peterson INT. Mark needed to air that out and let Schilens run under it. The ball was either underthrown or not thrown early enough.

Great play by Peterson but that was b.c he had an opportunity to make a play b.c of the throw.
    Disagree. Yes, if the throw was absolutely 100% perfect, things would have been different. But no QB in the NFL makes that pass with exact precision 100% of the time. It was a good throw and a great play by Peterson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex looks looks beaten down. He is a shell of the guy we were introduced to 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex looks looks beaten down. He is a shell of the guy we were introduced to 4 years ago.
    He's half the man he used to be. Literally and figuratively.

Who plays number two: "Mark will play well. We have to see what happens during the week with Tim. If Tim was healthy in my eyes...I don't think he has been healthy...If he was completely healthy, then Tim would be our #2."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

#2 QB is "we have to see what happens with Tim"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    why are you guys listening if all you are going to do is complain? wow, sounds like fun.
    To be a Jets fan you have to be a bit of a masochist.

Jets Insider VIP
    "I don't get any pressure from Woody."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sifting throuigh this drivel, Mcelroy will be the #2 as even though tebow has been cleared to play, rex doesnt think he is healthy. Im glad rex is playing doctor as well.

All Pro
    Avoiding answering question on who the back-up will be.

If he deactivates McElroy this week, Rex should be sacked during pre-game warmups.

"I get no pressure from Woody. I have a great relationship with my owner. We have open conversations all the time. From the day Mr. Johnson hired me, he said decisions are 100% mine".

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    At this time last year who was sure about russell wislon?
    At this time 2 years ago, who was sure of Andy Dalton?

There are guys out there. They do not have to be top 5 picks.

Find them!
    One one QB I'd like in the draft.

Tyler Bray in Round 3 please

I'd be so pissed off if I was McElroy.

I just provided the best QB play the team has had in weeks. Now, Tebow's health pending, I'm back to 3rd string? What the hell?!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Bad Decision.

But the ONLY decision this team and front office could make.

They drafted him in the first round, gave him a big guaranteed extention. He (sanchez" is all but guaranteed to enter next season as the #1 uncontested starter due to those two factors.

To demote him, while perhaps the right move on the field, is the wrong move for Rex and Tanny, both of whom would (as Sal Pal put it so well this morn. on Mike & Mike) have to do alot of answering of tough questions they're not ready or willing to answer at this point in this situation.

So fully expect to see sanchez start EVERY game for the rest of 2012, and barring total 3+ INT collapse, finish every game as well.

Expect Tebow to be cut in the offseason and a nobody brought in as #2/#3.
    And Sanchez to go into 2013 as the starter.

Sucks, but thats reality as it stands today.
    I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Unless we figure out a way to trade Sanchez and have the team take $4 of the $8 million he's owed next year, Sanchez is on this team. He will not be on the team as a back up - he'll be on the team to at least compete for the starting job.

But, even with all that crappy reality, there's no reason that the Jets can't draft a 2nd/3rd round pick to try and prepare for the future. And, if we somehow catch lightening in a bottle and this second round pick shows something dramatic and demonstrates that he might be able to start in year 1, at that point, perhaps the team makes a the bold move and starts the new era a year early.

We're in a ****ty position but there's still no reason not to start planning for the future even with Sanchez stuck on the roster. If we have to watch him float passes to safeties for a year, at least we can have a potential solution developing on the roster to go forward with. And, if we suck that bad in 13' and the next Andrew Luck becomes available in the 14' draft, we could move that way if we want. Not great, but at least something.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, a really obscure QB named Steve Young ?
    He wasn't taught how to be more accurate; he improved his game with experience (which is what good QBs do). If I were you, I wouldn't compare Sanchez' and Young's first 60 games as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

If he deactivates McElroy this week, Rex should be sacked during pre-game warmups.
    He didn't avoid it at all. If Tebow is healthy, he'll be the #2. If not, McElroy will suit up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    He clearly said Tebow, if he's cleared to play.

Hall Of Fame
    Who is that girl reporter and what does she look like? Someone get on that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tebow's health pending
    Tebows health is a cover up. They have no intention of tebow ever taking a snap as full time qb. Why, I have no clue.

By now, Rex just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Jets Insider VIP
    He clearly said Tebow, if he's cleared to play.
    The doctors have cleared tebow to play. Rex said even though the doctors have cleared him, if he was my son im not playing him.