Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sanchez will have a good game against the Jaguars and it means nothing. The Jaguars are 28th against the pass and this is the type of team Mark strives against see Buffalo. If he was facing an avg defense I would be confident he folds like he always does against competent defenses.
    exactly correct.

and then Rex will crow about how he was right to stick with Buttfumble.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I think people need to relax.

It was absolutely the correct decision to bench Sanchez against Arizona after that horrendous first half. But we do not know how Sanchez will respond to that benching. There is a CHANCE that it lights a fire under him and he's able to bounce back. We know Hill is finally making some plays, Powell is getting more carries, and the OL is holding up fairly well. This is it- Sanchez has to show up.

Just because we're not starting McElroy, it doesn't mean we can't still see what he has. If Sanchez struggles, McElroy can pop back in. Hell, he can start the last 3 games of the season. But if you don't let Sanchez start against Jax, you OFFICIALLY close the book on Sanchez, and that's a tough pill to swallow with the 2013 financial investment looming. You have to be POSITIVE that Sanchez doesn't have it anymore, and you can't know that until you see him play against Jax.
    Great post. I posted something similar yesterday about the likelihood of Rex giving Mark one more chance after the benching. I dont think it will work, but maybe it lit a fire under his ass? I

Obviously the Jets are praying that Mark comes out as a different QB down the stretch. They need him to be a viable option at QB next year. Of course, I think if Mark comes out and can't move the offense or turns the ball over and it's the same old shat that he'll be pulled.. this time for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    He wasn't taught how to be more accurate; he improved his game with experience (which is what good QBs do). If I were you, I wouldn't compare Sanchez' and Young's first 60 games as a starter.
    Young was TAUGHT by very good coaches out in San Fran. If he had stayed with the Bucs, his career would have been short lived and disastrous.

Tthe point that was being discussed is that August said that you can't teach accuracy (and something else that I'm too lazy to look up right now). The fact of the matter is that you CAN teach a QB to be more accurate

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Young was TAUGHT by very good coaches out in San Fran. If he had stayed with the Bucs, his career would have been short lived and disastrous.

Tthe point that was being discussed is that August said that you can't teach accuracy (and something else that I'm too lazy to look up right now). The fact of the matter is that you CAN teach a QB to be more accurate
    I am frustrated by the batted balls at the LOS. Can this be taught too?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Not by Cavanaugh apparently

You might be able to teach a TALENTED quarterback better habits and how to make better throws. Sanchez has shown NO signs of having an aptitude for the position at the pro level.

If you're going to hang your hat on a HOF QB improving over time as an argument for Sanchez remaining the starter, may God have mercy upon your soul.

Hall Of Fame
    That can be taught to a certain degree.. I read an interview with Drew Brees a few years ago. He said they would work every week in practice on creating throwing lanes. He takes a little deeper drop to give himself a better look down field. He also mentioned that he worked a lot on throwing screens around and over linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    You might be able to teach a TALENTED quarterback better habits and how to make better throws. Sanchez has shown NO signs of having an aptitude for the position at the pro level.

If you're going to hang your hat on a HOF QB improving over time as an argument for Sanchez remaining the starter, may God have mercy upon your soul.
    I'm not arguing for Sanchez to remain the starter. My problems with him are less about his accuracy than with his decision making and lack of heart or leadership ability.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is wrong about the Peterson INT. Mark needed to air that out and let Schilens run under it. The ball was either underthrown or not thrown early enough.

Great play by Peterson but that was b.c he had an opportunity to make a play b.c of the throw.
    I don't know what Rex said, but I recall myself saying the receiver should have gone up and get that ball, maybe I saw it wrong I was there didn't see every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That can be taught to a certain degree.. I read an interview with Drew Brees a few years ago. He said they would work every week in practice on creating throwing lanes. He takes a little deeper drop to give himself a better look down field. He also mentioned that he worked a lot on throwing screens around and over linemen.
    Also helps if you don't stare down your receivers. Linemen can be moved around by the QB just like safeties and LBs.

Schluberator & Gadfly

And ya see, Mark gives us, yeah, the best opportunity to win! Yeah, that's the ticket. And it's not all Mark's fault, WE have to take care of the ball better, yeah that's it, not just Mark.

All League
    I shut it off when Rex said Mark gives us the best chance to win...**** you Rex...I hope you get what you desereve....a big ****ing L..on Sun... **** YOU *******...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You can try, usually doesn't work. If McNabb were accurate he would have had 2 SB's. Batted balls is totally inexcusable, should seldom happen even with the height issue. Brees is always moving to the gap and throwing his OL gives him the time to do that.

Hall Of Fame
    Also helps if you don't stare down your receivers. Linemen can be moved around by the QB just like safeties and LBs.
    Very true. The notion it can not be worked on or limited is false though.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Very true. The notion it can not be worked on or limited is false though.
    Yep. Another thing is what Apache 51 noted which is that the QB can move to create a passing lane. Shuffle step left/right/where ever and throw.

No one will ever eliminate the problem completely. Brees, Peyton, Eli, and Rodgers all have balls batted down now and then. Just as with int's, the question is the frequency as well as why it happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    You'll also notice Packers, Saints tend to have shorter linemen, as were Faneca and Woody.

Rookie

QB QUESTION

Who's dressing this week?

heard the team is so confident that they will just be dressing Mark.

According to Rex, if Tebow's ribs are healed, it's him as number two. But with Rex' double speak, your guess is as good as anyone's.

My money's on Tebow and Sanchez.

That way there's no threat to Mark and Tebow will get some playing time in his hometown, ribs or not.