Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 631

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

  1. #441
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    heard the team is so confident that they will just be dressing Mark.
    They aren't that confident. As I hear it, McGinley will dress as the #2.

  2. #442
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow will be inactive after Dr Ryan deems him unfit to play. It will be sanchez and Big mac.

  3. #443
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    #2 QB is "we have to see what happens with Tim"


  4. #444
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest problem is that Rex is an emotionally driven person, and he cannot emotionally bench Sanchez. Mark goes to all of REx's kid's games. He is like another son to Rex. Anyone who has played on a team where the QB was the coach's son knows that Rex will never permenantly bench Mark. Did anyone see the scene after the game last week where REx had his arm around Maark in fron tof his locker? No way he will not go with him.

    Sad, really.

  5. #445
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    The biggest problem is that Rex is an emotionally driven person, and he cannot emotionally bench Sanchez. Mark goes to all of REx's kid's games. He is like another son to Rex. Anyone who has played on a team where the QB was the coach's son knows that Rex will never permenantly bench Mark. Did anyone see the scene after the game last week where REx had his arm around Maark in fron tof his locker? No way he will not go with him.

    Sad, really.
    if that's true, then he's sealed his own fate. it's his decision and he understands the consequences. if that's true, then it's even more clear rex didn't want tebow, and it makes sense he hasn't used him this year. it's tough not to conclude that tebow was woody's idea, since you have sparano as the OC who loves the wildcat, sanchez is terrible yet they don't allow tebow to throw.

    rex will land on his feet in broadcasting, sparano will take a college job somewhere and tannenbaum will go to another organization as a salary cap guy.

  6. #446
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if that's true, then he's sealed his own fate. it's his decision and he understands the consequences. if that's true, then it's even more clear rex didn't want tebow, and it makes sense he hasn't used him this year. it's tough not to conclude that tebow was woody's idea, since you have sparano as the OC who loves the wildcat, sanchez is terrible yet they don't allow tebow to throw.

    rex will land on his feet in broadcasting, sparano will take a college job somewhere and tannenbaum will go to another organization as a salary cap guy.
    From your lips to God's ears.

  7. #447
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Young was TAUGHT by very good coaches out in San Fran. If he had stayed with the Bucs, his career would have been short lived and disastrous.

    Tthe point that was being discussed is that August said that you can't teach accuracy (and something else that I'm too lazy to look up right now). The fact of the matter is that you CAN teach a QB to be more accurate
    Yes, accuracy can be coached and some QBs that are good now have increased their accuracy over the years, such as Eli and Brees. BUT, the difference between them, Young, and your boy is throwing motion. Tebow has a bad throwing motion. It's too long and he twists the ball around like he's a pitcher rather than a QB.

    No amount of accuracy "coaching" is going to improve that without a complete change in throwing motion. Get a conventional throwing motion first, then we can talk about coaching and improving accuracy.

  8. #448
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rams beat the snot out of Colin Kapernick. Sanchez is the man; I have no faith in what McElroy can bring consistently. Sanchez is best option.

  9. #449
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is an idiot

  10. #450
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a fool as our head coach

  11. #451
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The Rams beat the snot out of Colin Kapernick. Sanchez is the man; I have no faith in what McElroy can bring consistently. Sanchez is best option.
    Sarcasm or SF drugs?

  12. #452
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The Rams beat the snot out of Colin Kapernick. Sanchez is the man; I have no faith in what McElroy can bring consistently. Sanchez is best option.
    Best option for what? The players don't even believe in him anymore, he is mentally checked out...We need to see what McElroy is, Or we will never know...another dtupid decision from iur idiot HC

  13. #453
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sarcasm or SF drugs?
    It's the truth; even Ray "I'm the A-HOLE Around Here" Lucas concedes that.

  14. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go F yourselves Jets!!!

  15. #455
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Best option for what? The players don't even believe in him anymore, he is mentally checked out...We need to see what McElroy is, Or we will never know...another dtupid decision from iur idiot HC
    You, like a lot of frustrated fans, want it both ways. Sorry for your suffering; I watch the Green and WHite on a sliding scale of expectations.



  16. #456
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Best option for what? The players don't even believe in him anymore, he is mentally checked out...We need to see what McElroy is, Or we will never know...another dtupid decision from iur idiot HC
    it wouldn't matter who the backup was. this is about tanny, rex and sanchez, who are all joined at the hip. they sink or swim together. it's about money, and keeping jobs, and at this point, hoping for the best even though sanchez didn't play well last week.

  17. #457
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    LaDainian Tomlinson on SiriusXM called Ryan's decision to go with Sanchez "unbelievable." #nyj

  18. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    This organization is the laughing stock of sports not just the NFL!!

  19. #459
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im obviously in the minority but I'm not mad. I don't think McElroy's a franchise QB, so who starts is inconsequential at this point.

    What's important is that we draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds in April and either sign or trade for another such as TJ Yates.

  20. #460
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Im obviously in the minority but I'm not mad. I don't think McElroy's a franchise QB, so who starts is inconsequential at this point.

    What's important is that we draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds in April and either sign or trade for another such as TJ Yates.
    I am with you on this. Many of us said that if Sanchez performed poorly this year, that the future QB of the Jets is not on this roster.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us