Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is yet another example of an organization that from the top down lacks leadership, focus and direction.....SOJ

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    He actually did say it. I heard a reporter ask Rex that if Mark struggled, would he pull him. He did not hesitate and said ABSOLUTELY!
    Rex isn't exactly known for his honesty.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Rex isn't exactly known for his honesty.
    I agree. But if he wants to go completely over the cliff if Sanchez is stinking it up, then so be it. I think he will pull him and faster, if he looks as bad as last week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Jets fans need to hope Sanchez plays well, because if he doesn't he'll have no trade value in the offseason and he'll be guaranteed to be here next year.

If he plays bad against Jacksonville though then you have to turn the page on him. That's the 32nd rated defense there, he needs to have a big day or he's done.
    Ridiculous.

Mark Sanchez has no weapons. Why you think this week is different than last week, different than week six, or different than week one is beyond me. He could crap the bed again in Jacksonville doesn't mean a damn thing. This offense was flawed from day one coming-out of Cortland in July.

I know we're all bored with the same old story on Mark Sanchez but that's just the way it is; he was given a bad hand in July and nothing about the roster has changed to make things any better.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF Teblow dresses, is the 2 and McElroy is inactive....

I will enjoy Joes Tailgate and probably drive back to the hotel...

Or maybe go in the stadium and watch the comedy as Rex Kotite and Tony Moron-o direct the turnover machine and his clown backupTim Twoyardloss to a loss to the bottom dwelling Jagwires

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Im obviously in the minority but I'm not mad. I don't think McElroy's a franchise QB, so who starts is inconsequential at this point.

What's important is that we draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds in April and either sign or trade for another such as TJ Yates.
    +1 as always.

The season is over, nothing that happens from here on in means a damn thing for Sanchez or McElroy. The opponents are weak, the team has already given up. If anything, another month for Sanchez to bond with Hill, Schilens, Powell, and some of the other new blood helps us next season. Sanchez will be our starting quarterback, so the more work he can get with those three this season helps us get off to a good start next season.

View the next four weeks as an early minicamp and suddenly the Sanchez decision makes a lot of sense.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ridiculous.

Mark Sanchez has no weapons. Why you think this week is different than last week, different than week six, or different than week one is beyond me. He could crap the bed again in Jacksonville doesn't mean a damn thing. This offense was flawed from day one coming-out of Cortland in July.

I know we're all bored with the same old story on Mark Sanchez but that's just the way it is; he was given a bad hand in July and nothing about the roster has changed to make things any better.

SAR I
    I agree to some degree. However, Sanchez's mistakes have been high schoolish. I have been pulling for him since day 1. But these turnovers and lack of any ability to learn from them is alarming.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We had a chance to put the Sanchez era behind us for good and blew it.

Rex basically just teased us. Toyed with our emotions.

Can't wait for this dickbag to be shown the door.
    Or, another way to look at it...

A bunch of Jets fans who've been wrong about pretty much everything in the Rex Ryan ever again are misreading an obvious situation.

The problem with this team is the defense, special-teams, the offensive line, and the running game. Quarterback is on the list too, but without fixing these other areas benching the quarterback makes absolutely no difference to the bottom line record of this team.

Anyone who thought that McElroy was going to come in a-la Pennington 2002 and suddenly emerge as this fantastic quarterback of the future is sniffing glue. Pennington inherited a quality team that was suffering under a terrible quarterback. McElroy inherited a lousy team who created a lousy quarterback.

Very different circumstances.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @APMarkLong Jets LB Bart Scott says Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew can "go eat a hotdog and take another week off."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or, another way to look at it...

A bunch of Jets fans who've been wrong about pretty much everything in the Rex Ryan ever again are misreading an obvious situation.

The problem with this team is the defense, special-teams, the offensive line, and the running game. Quarterback is on the list too, but without fixing these other areas benching the quarterback makes absolutely no difference to the bottom line record of this team.

Anyone who thought that McElroy was going to come in a-la Pennington 2002 and suddenly emerge as this fantastic quarterback of the future is sniffing glue. Pennington inherited a quality team that was suffering under a terrible quarterback. McElroy inherited a lousy team who created a lousy quarterback.

Very different circumstances.

SAR I
    It certainly did last week.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    LOL, you got him there. Does anyone think they win that game if Sanchez is NOT yanked? Not me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No one knows for sure. Rex stammered and tap danced through his response when questioned.

Basically, he said "Tim" would be the number two if his rib injury is improved. This could be the truth, or Rex' way of saying Tebow would sit another week (inactive), making McElroy the backup.
    Wow that made my head spin. I'm without a doubt done with Sanchez and Tebow is not the answer. How Rex can make him the #2 makes me sick to my stomach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    I agree to some degree. However, Sanchez's mistakes have been high schoolish. I have been pulling for him since day 1. But these turnovers and lack of any ability to learn from them is alarming.
    He's not a stupid kid. He's been a star quarterback since elementary school. He has nothing to learn.

This team is built to win on a ferocious defense and a powerful ground attack, we have no aerial attack. We just didn't invest there. Where not built to win in the air. Mark Sanchez looks like a damn fine quarterback when we rush for 200 yards, the defense stifles our opponent, and he throws 20 passes and completes 14 of them for 125 yards.

Mark Sanchez has looked is absolute worst in games against elite opponents who have pushed around our defense so badly, and stifled our running game so badly, we have no choice but to throw the ball 40 or 50 times a game. He's not that kind of quarterback, can we certainly don't have the receivers to complement that type of strategy.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Why?

You think Mark Sanchez couldn't have completed two passes and led us on a drive of 29 yards including a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Greg McElroy did not win last weeks game. His presence sparked an offense that is otherwise unmotivated by it's terrible head coach, that's all it was. The running game decided to play hard when McElroy entered the game. That's where we scored a whopping seven points. McElroy did not come off the bench and look like the second coming of Dan Marino. All this talk is ridiculous.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not a stupid kid. He's been a star quarterback since elementary school. He has nothing to learn.

This team is built to win on a ferocious defense and a powerful ground attack, we have no aerial attack. We just didn't invest there. Where not built to win in the air. Mark Sanchez looks like a damn fine quarterback when we rush for 200 yards, the defense stifles our opponent, and he throws 20 passes and completes 14 of them for 125 yards.

Mark Sanchez has looked is absolute worst in games against elite opponents who have pushed around our defense so badly, and stifled our running game so badly, we have no choice but to throw the ball 40 or 50 times a game. He's not that kind of quarterback, can we certainly don't have the receivers to complement that type of strategy.

SAR I
    Sorry dude, that where we disagree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Wow that made my head spin. I'm without a doubt done with Sanchez and Tebow is not the answer. How Rex can make him the #2 makes me sick to my stomach.
    Wish I were exaggerating. I still have no idea what Rex meant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    If he is not that kind of QB, he is not going to be a winner in todays NFL. Ground n Pound is a thing of the past......Look at the successful NFL teams these days.....90% of them have an elite QB.

The Run game is still important, but it is also important to have a QB that has the capabilities to drive down the field in 1:15 and get a TD. Thats not Mark Sanchez.

He has a good WR corps here in Kerley and Hill. He got his "go to" TE back for a few weeks, and couldnt utilize him either.

When he had Santonio, Edwards, and Cotchery, he still was NOT an elite QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with this team is the defense, special-teams, the offensive line, and the running game. Quarterback is on the list too, but without fixing these other areas.....

SAR I
    I respectfully disagree.

Our Defense, O-Line and Running Game are all average or above average in talent in my opinion.

Our Starting QB is not. He's in the bottom grouping on NFL starters, and one of the least productive over the 4 years he has now been in the NFL.

QB is the single most vital position on the football field in the modern NFL. The effect of that positions play bleeds over to all other aspects of the game, including the Defense (who must often play longer, on shorter fields, while being behind, due to poor QB play).

It is unrealistic to expect the Defense, Special teams, O-line (including two All-Pro talents in Mangold and Brick) and all our Running Backs to be replaced.

It is far more realistic, and appropriate, to replace the QB first, and see if the rest of the team is truly as bad as you claim.

Sunday, the D was excellent, and it is currently ranked 10th. The running game productive, and it is currently ranked 12th.

The QB was a complete train wreck...again. He is currently ranked 32nd, tier for 6th worst in INT's, and Worst Overall in Fumbles.

I, for one, have seen enough.

I'd be very glad to see Sanchez get his shot elsewhere, and see our backups get their shots here this season, with new players (mostly) brought in at QB next season and beyond.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Wish I were exaggerating. I still have no idea what Rex meant.
    It's Rex's way out. He said Tebow would have to be "completely healthy". Tebow will NOT be completely healthy. So he will not be "available".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

You think Mark Sanchez couldn't have completed two passes and led us on a drive of 29 yards including a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Greg McElroy did not win last weeks game.
    His presence sparked an offense that is otherwise unmotivated by it's terrible head coach, that's all it was. The running game decided to play hard when McElroy entered the game. That's where we scored a whopping seven points. McElroy did not come off the bench and look like the second coming of Dan Marino. All this talk is ridiculous.

SAR I
    The first drive he was inserted, he lit a spark and scored a TD. He had zero turnovers. Thats 0 INT's, & 0 Fumbles.

Greg Mcelroy was indeed the catalyst for last weeks victory, and no, i dont think Marks head was in the game enough to get a TD last week. He was beaten down.