Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

All League
    Officially hate Rex now... thanks for nothing Clown.

Rex has lost his Mind!!
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
    What is the point in starting Sanchez?

FIRE REX NOW!!! Why wait until the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    IF Teblow dresses, is the 2 and McElroy is inactive....

I will enjoy Joes Tailgate and probably drive back to the hotel...

Or maybe go in the stadium and watch the comedy as Rex Kotite and Tony Moron-o direct the turnover machine and his clown backupTim Twoyardloss to a loss to the bottom dwelling Jagwires

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Did someone hack his account. Can one of our resident Chowds engage him for a true proof positive test

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sticks View Post
    McElroy NEEDS to be the starter, bar none! Sanchez is done and Rex refuses to see it or is just plum stupid. Tebow needs to be traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars, thats his home market and people want him there.

I say you make McElroy the starter, find somebody to fill the 2nd spot and then look at drafting a QB from this years incoming draft class to have in a 3rd spot. McElroy has proved through his College years that he can AND does make smart throws. He proved in last Sundays game that his isn't a selfish player either...he could have EASILY ran the ball in for a TD! The Jets are going to continue their "virus" as long as Sanchez is in the pocket...period!

Raise your hand if you think this guy is McElroy's Uncle Jerry?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Maybe the two dumb fatboy brothers can get a job as assistants for some team after they are both pinkslipped at the end of the season

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Whoever this hacker is, please leave SG3's account alone and let him get back to posting! Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez looks like a damn fine quarterback when we rush for 200 yards, the defense stifles our opponent, and he throws 20 passes and completes 14 of them for 125 yards.

Mark Sanchez has looked is absolute worst in games against elite opponents who have pushed around our defense so badly, and stifled our running game so badly, we have no choice but to throw the ball 40 or 50 times a game. He's not that kind of quarterback, can we certainly don't have the receivers to complement that type of strategy.

SAR I
    Are you sh*ttin me?

What QB wouldn't look good when his team rushes for 200+ yards and his defense holds the opponent to virtually nothing?

And a big part of the reason we let those "elite" teams go up big on us in the first place is because our mook of a QB is seemingly incapable of orchestrating a drive that doesn't end in a 3 and out. You can't expect your defense to be on the field for 40+ minutes and shut down the Pats and Steelers of the NFL.

Your defense of Sanchez is mind boggling.

The kid is a f*cking bum and it's time for Rex and Co. to admit their mistake and turn the page.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @APMarkLong Jets LB Bart Scott says Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew can "go eat a hotdog and take another week off."
    I hope MJD comes back and runs for 462 yards and 6 TD's. Is this guy capable of STFU

From the words of a DB, LAST YEAR. We know where he's throwing every time, he lock on the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    It's Rex's way out. He said Tebow would have to be "completely healthy". Tebow will NOT be completely healthy. So he will not be "available".
    That's what I believe, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I hope MJD comes back and runs for 462 yards and 6 TD's. Is this guy capable of STFU
    I said it last week, and I'll say it again- It's to the point now where it's just hilarious how much of a mess this team is, and the only reason to stay tuned is to see just how badly they're going to embarrass themselves next. At least we have the 2012 New York Jets circus show to make our football season entertaining! lol

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Raise your hand if you think this guy is McElroy's Uncle Jerry?
    LOL. I have to really scratch my head on all this love for GMAC. Do I want to see him play? Sure do. But I'm not delusional either.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @APMarkLong Jets LB Bart Scott says Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew can "go eat a hotdog and take another week off."
    Incredible that Scott would open his yap this week. How many coaches of 5-7 teams allow their players talk smack openly before the game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Incredible that Scott would open his yap this week. How many coaches of 5-7 teams allow their players talk smack openly before the game?
    Agreed. Can you test my sg3 theory? He's been so negative towards the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Our Defense, O-Line and Running Game are all average or above average in talent in my opinion.

Our Starting QB is not. He's in the bottom grouping on NFL starters, and one of the least productive over the 4 years he has now been in the NFL.

QB is the single most vital position on the football field in the modern NFL. The effect of that positions play bleeds over to all other aspects of the game, including the Defense (who must often play longer, on shorter fields, while being behind, due to poor QB play).

It is unrealistic to expect the Defense, Special teams, O-line (including two All-Pro talents in Mangold and Brick) and all our Running Backs to be replaced.

It is far more realistic, and appropriate, to replace the QB first, and see if the rest of the team is truly as bad as you claim.

Sunday, the D was excellent, and it is currently ranked 10th. The running game productive, and it is currently ranked 12th.

The QB was a complete train wreck...again. He is currently ranked 32nd, tier for 6th worst in INT's, and Worst Overall in Fumbles.

I, for one, have seen enough.

I'd be very glad to see Sanchez get his shot elsewhere, and see our backups get their shots here this season, with new players (mostly) brought in at QB next season and beyond.
    Great post. Thank you

It's hard how anyone can look at this situation and not see the QB is a major problem.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    If he is not that kind of QB, he is not going to be a winner in todays NFL. Ground n Pound is a thing of the past......Look at the successful NFL teams these days.....90% of them have an elite QB.

The Run game is still important, but it is also important to have a QB that has the capabilities to drive down the field in 1:15 and get a TD. Thats not Mark Sanchez.

He has a good WR corps here in Kerley and Hill. He got his "go to" TE back for a few weeks, and couldnt utilize him either.

When he had Santonio, Edwards, and Cotchery, he still was NOT an elite QB.
    What you are talking about has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.

You are referring to Rex Ryan's strategy which is completely ass backwards in today's NFL and I couldn't agree more. So when you say Mark Sanchez isn't an elite quarterback, of course he isn't. He wasn't drafted to be an elite quarterback. He wasn't drafted with the hope that he would become the next Dan Marino, launching bombs 80 yards in the air to Mark Duper.

Mark Sanchez was brought here to be a game manager with the ability to occasionally stretch the field. When he had a running game and a set of receiving targets to complement that strategy, he did quite well, went on a 16-4 run, won 4 playoff games, was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games.

The reason Mark Sanchez is a bad quarterback right now is because we are asking him to be something he never was, and we haven't surrounded him with even the slightest bit of mediocre talent with which to have a reasonable expectation of success. He was not brought here to run Air Coryell, throwing the ball 50 times a game. The reason he's forced to do that is because the running game stinks and we have no other choice but to try to win it in the air without any offensive weaponry.

He's not Dan Marino. So he can't win games on his own. He's Mark Sanchez. All he needs is a little bit of support at a few offensive positions and he'll do just fine. As long as we haven't ruined him so badly he can never regain that form, that is.

SAR I

Sure thing.....

Hey Skippy! Nice stockings you got there....Nice pig, too.

Forget it. When a fervent die hard like sg3 goes off on Rex and the team, you know the whole shootin' match is over.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I respectfully disagree.

Our Defense, O-Line and Running Game are all average or above average in talent in my opinion.

Our Starting QB is not. He's in the bottom grouping on NFL starters, and one of the least productive over the 4 years he has now been in the NFL.

QB is the single most vital position on the football field in the modern NFL. The effect of that positions play bleeds over to all other aspects of the game, including the Defense (who must often play longer, on shorter fields, while being behind, due to poor QB play).

It is unrealistic to expect the Defense, Special teams, O-line (including two All-Pro talents in Mangold and Brick) and all our Running Backs to be replaced.

It is far more realistic, and appropriate, to replace the QB first, and see if the rest of the team is truly as bad as you claim.

Sunday, the D was excellent, and it is currently ranked 10th. The running game productive, and it is currently ranked 12th.

The QB was a complete train wreck...again. He is currently ranked 32nd, tier for 6th worst in INT's, and Worst Overall in Fumbles.

I'd be very glad to see Sanchez get his shot elsewhere, and see our backups get their shots here this season, with new players (mostly) brought in at QB next season and beyond.

The season stats mean nothing. Because we feast on inferior teams and lose to elite teams, it makes it look like we're much better than we are on defense.

In the seven games that we have lost, the defense is allowing 31 points per game and our best rusher is averaging less than 50 yards per game. For a team that is built to win on a stifling defense and a powerful rushing attack that's a suicide mission.

And had the defense and special teams played at their lofty abilities, with all those high draft picks, with the best defensive Cordinator in the league, with one of the best special teams coaches in NFL history, we are a playoff team this very day. They blew it at New England and didn't show up for Miami. Simple as that. If the defense and special teams play to their abilities in those two games, we are 7-5 and headed towards a 10-6 or 11-5 season. Mark had us in a position to win the game with 90 seconds left in New England, and didn't put us in the hole against Miami's backup QB.

Of course you can make the argument that Mark Sanchez blew two games as well, and I won't disagree with you. But the impact of our defense and special teams is where this team's bread-and-butter lies. They are the ones who blew the two most important games this season, not Mark Sanchez. They are the ones who are a colossal disappointment, moreso than Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I respectfully disagree.

This.

Having a ****ty QB will doom an otherwise decent team. There is no quicker impact to a team than to change the QB. If you look at the Dolphins 1-15 team, the main reason for their failures was a rookie John Beck at the helm.

Now, improving our QB play would not make us Super Bowl contenders, but it would put the Jets immediately back into playoff contenders, which is approximately where this team should have/ could have been.

Plus, crap QB play puts such a stress on the rest of the team. 3 and outs tire out the defense and forces them to be on the field for too long and in compromising positions. This defense is very good, but is not elite. If you put them in a good position, they can put forth a very good effort. But, in games like the 49ers and Seahawks, the defense fought hard for a long while, but eventually gave up points in the second half because they couldn't keep the high effort going.

There are certainly flaws in this team besides QB. But, even with our inexperienced WRs, the Jets could still move the ball if they had a competent QB. Ditto with our RBs - they certainly could be improved, but between Powell, Greene and McKnight, this team can run the ball perfectly well if it had an effective passing game.

I've never been a Sanchez hater (never a lover either) and have always held out hope that it will click for him at some point. For whatever reason, it simply hasn't. If anything, he's regressed. He's maddeningly inconsistent and makes bonehead decisions. I can still hold out hope that something will click, but it seems like this past week was the final straw. He was completely and utterly lost - I'm not sure that he can come back from that. Although I guess 3 of 4 on the road will at least help. No way would Rex start Sanchez if the Jax game was at home. That would be dangerous.

All Pro
    What a ****ing idiot everyone needs to go jets management is worse than the Miami marlins