Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun Fact About Sanchez !

Out of the 12 games the Jets have played this season, Sanchez has led the offense to only ONE TOUCHDOWN OR LESS IN 6 GAMES (!!).

Of course I'm not counting field goals, defensive touchdowns, and special teams touchdowns.

....But he gives us the best chance to win.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Out of the 12 games the Jets have played this season, Sanchez has led the offense to only ONE TOUCHDOWN OR LESS IN 6 GAMES (!!).

Of course I'm not counting field goals, defensive touchdowns, and special teams touchdowns.

....But he gives us the best chance to win.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry
    Could u imagine those numbers with Tebow or McElroy???? Yikes!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have no talent on offense. We saw knew this in May, we saw this in July, we didn't score in the preseason, we are in the same situation now as we were back then:

WE HAVE NO PLAYMAKERS ON OFFENSE.

WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL.

WE ONLY BEAT WEAK TEAMS.

WE CAN'T BEAT ELITE TEAMS.

OUR QUARTERBACK IS A PROBLEM, BUT IT GOES FAR DEEPER.

Not sure why anyone is surprised, not sure why anyone expected improvement. Hill had a brutal first year. Kerley vanishes too often. Who is Chaz Schillens? Holmes is hurt. Keller has Penningtonitis. Shonn Greene blows. Joe McKnight can't get on the field. Our OL can't stop a cold. Our coordinator is a joke.

Stop reading newspapers. Use your eyes. Our defense sucks worse than our quarterback. Our special teams suck worse than our quarterback. Our running back sucks worse than our quarterback.

Talk about THAT.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We have no talent on offense. We saw knew this in May, we saw this in July, we didn't score in the preseason, we are in the same situation now as we were back then:

WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL.

WE ONLY BEAT WEAK TEAMS.

Not sure why anyone is surprised, not sure why anyone expected improvement. Hill had a brutal first year. Kerley vanishes too often. Who is Chaz Schillens? Holmes is hurt. Keller has Penningtonitis. Shonn Greene blows. Joe McKnight can't get on the field. Our OL can't stop a cold. Our coordinator is a joke.

Stop reading newspapers. Use your eyes. Our defense sucks worse than our quarterback. Our special teams suck worse than our quarterback. Our running back sucks worse than our quarterback.

Talk about THAT.

SAR I
    You and the G****** defense. Shut up about it.

When your team can only muster 7 points for half of the games this season, thats the problem. Not the defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    You and the G****** defense. Shut up about it.

When your team can only muster 7 points for half of the games this season, thats the problem. Not the defense.
    In our 7 losses, the Jets defense is giving up an average of 31 points.

In our 7 losses, Shonn Greene is averaging less than 50 yards rushing.

The team is BUILT to win on a stifling defense and a power rushing attack. Clearly, management felt soooooo strongly about our defense and our running game coming out of Cortland that they felt they didn't need much offense, thus the reason we have the worst personnel in the NFL on that side of the ball. We were supposed to be "the most talented team ever" on D according to our coach. Going to Ground & Pound, too.

That's the true problem, not Mark Sanchez.

Listen.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on man! Enough already. The OL doesn't make a QB be absolutely careless with the football. It doesn't make him make the wrong read. And it surely doesn't make him inaccurate.
    The defense is decent. Could it be better, yes, we all know it can be a lot better.
    But let me ask you this would you rather improve say the linebackers and have 3 studs out there, or would you rather play with what we have and have consistent, above average qb play?
    It's 2012 not 1985.

Mark Sanchez is not a good NFL qb and probably never will be and odds are the quicker we move on the better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In our 7 losses, the Jets defense is giving up an average of 31 points.

In our 7 losses, Shonn Greene is averaging less than 50 yards rushing.

The team is BUILT to win on a stifling defense and a power rushing attack. Clearly, management felt soooooo strongly about our defense and our running game coming out of Cortland that they felt they didn't need much offense, thus the reason we have the worst personnel in the NFL on that side of the ball. We were supposed to be "the most talented team ever" on D according to our coach. Going to Ground & Pound, too.

That's the true problem, not Mark Sanchez.

Listen.

SAR I

In those 7 losses, we have averaged 12.57 pts per game. The TOP RATED scoring defense is San Fran and they are limiting opponents to 14.2 ots per game.

If our defense was better than San Fran's, our offense still wouldn't be scoring enough to win.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In those 7 losses, we have averaged 12.57 pts per game. The TOP RATED scoring defense is San Fran and they are limiting opponents to 14.2 ots per game.

If our defense was better than San Fran's, our offense still wouldn't be scoring enough to win.
    1. No one should be shocked that our offense sucks as we had very low expectations coming out of training camp.

2. Everyone should be shocked that our defense sucks as we had very high expectations coming out of training camp.

If you invest $100 and drop $5, it's a bummer. If you invest $100,000 and drop $50,000 it's a catastrophe.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. No one should be shocked that our offense sucks as we had very low expectations coming out of training camp.

2. Everyone should be shocked that our defense sucks as we had very high expectations coming out of training camp.

If you invest $100 and drop $5, it's a bummer. If you invest $100,000 and drop $50,000 it's a catastrophe.

SAR I
    How many rum and cokes can you buy for $100,000? Upscale bar restaurant of course, not the VFW.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL.

WE ONLY BEAT WEAK TEAMS.

Talk about THAT.

SAR I
    The rest of this is nonsense. Focus on the real problem. We owe this gringo too much $$ to sit him. He will be our Trent Dilfer or we'll wait out another regime change. It's a shame we have to hope against odds that he'll reach even that level.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk about THAT.
    OK...

-Jets rank 12th in rushing offense
    -Jets rank 10th in overall team defense
    -Jets rank 2nd in pass defense
    -Jets rank 13th in 1st downs allowed
    -Jets rank 4th in KO return yardage

-Jets ranked 23rd in 1st downs gained
    -Jets rank 28th in passing offense
    -Sanchez ranked 32nd in qb rating

It is what it is.
    Sanchez has turned the ball over 18 times...quite a few in the red zone.

There's no stat for how many points were lost or given away, but I'm guessing quite a few.
    You can see what kind of effect Sanchez' poor play has on the team.
    He's struggling, and he's dragging the whole team down.
    Last edited by Foggy; 12-07-2012 at 02:40 AM.