Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Oh Well

What some dumbasses. I will just watch something else til they put McElroy in, probably won't take but a quarter or so.

Hall Of Fame
    This might actually be good news.

We know Sanchez is going to fail and now Woody will practically be forced to fire Tanny and Rex. The fans will be relentless.

Things might move faster now.

Hall Of Fame
    Rex and Tanny know their jobs are on the line and don't want their fate in the hands of an unknown. They're not concerned about what's best for the team long term. Woody isn't going anywhere, so he's not afraid to roll the dice.

Now we'll see if Sanchez takes those two down with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Dude, what are you 9 years old?

We spend money on this team, we go to games, we support them all because we want to see a winning organization. Blindly supporting every decision a team makes is something a child does.

Anyone who can support a decision as stupid as this is nothing but a jets homer. There is no, single statistical or analytical reason that sanchez should be under center on sunday.
    Over Center....certainly not

Suckchez prefers "UNDER RIGHT GUARD" based on this season

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

We know Sanchez is going to fail and now Woody will practically be forced to fire Tanny and Rex. The fans will be relentless.

From your lips to God's ears, we can only hope for this outcome.

Woody Johnson is the root of the issue tho, and that's the major issue here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wins = Save your job. Not which QB earned the wins despite contract.

Edit: I agree Sanchez extension doesn't look great for Tannenbaum, but if they win he can point to all the players performing well in the wins (since they're all Tannenbaums players). Winning cures all. Mistakes are more forgivable when you win, especially when you have had solid playoff success in recent years.
    The season is over. Winning at this point does not matter. The only thing that matters is mark sanchez looks all world the next 4 weeks. if not, Tanny is done.

I think tanny is done regardless but in his mind, he probably thinks if mark can blow up the next 4 games, he can make a case to woody.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I admit I have no clue what McElroy is or isn't. We haven't seen enough of him. in the NFL. Guy won in college. He's smart. Give him a shot.

Coz gets it.

What an absolute disgrace.

I hope Jacksonville comes out and beats the ever loving **** out of us.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told fact that Jets play next 2 games on road did play a (minor) role in decision. Hard to start Sanchez in front of home fans this wk

Just keeps getting better and better...
    All the more reason not to play him. If they want him to play on the road it is obvious they are still worried about his damned "psyche." If his psyche can't handle what is going on and he has no fight, he should not be a QB in the NFL. It is not a crybaby sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe jets wanna showcase marks talent for next year. Jville needs a qb. Lol what a joke the jets are. I'm not even pissed, it's laughable

Jets Insider VIP
    I read this and laughed:

How do you say Kyle Boller in Spanish ??
    Mark Sanchez!!

All Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Me: "Sanchez is the starter"

My Girlfriend: " You gotta be kidding me...Rex is trying to get fired...they should just QUIT THE NFL for 5 years until they can get a real team...I don't know how you guys still like this team after all these years..."

The girl has some valid points.

Maybe the Jets should "quit the NFL" for a while? Not a terrible idea. HAHAHA.
    With Sanchez back at QB, they already did.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Suspected this was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Awful decision.

On the bright side, I just picked up the Jags' D on waivers in fantasy.
    I just dropped Sanchez for McElroy! Thanks for waiting till after the waivers run to announce the starter Rex!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    STILL ALIVE FOR THE PLAYOFFS? WHAT THE **** PLANET ARE YOU ON? CHRIST HAL!
    Oh jeez really?? ALL CAPS - to make a nothing, bad point?

Yes - in reality I believe the world will end on Dec 21st before the Jets make the playoffs. But the Jets are still technically alive for the playoffs - and the f.o. has a responsibility to compete. As in, they can't just admit this is 'evaluation' time. So stick THAT in your caps-lock key

Hall Of Fame
    Back-to-back road games will give them some shelter. He thinks if the Jets beat up on two terrible teams on the road they will have a soft landing when they come home for SD.

I hope to god that SD does not get flexed. National TV, everyone booing. It will be legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told fact that Jets play next 2 games on road did play a (minor) role in decision. Hard to start Sanchez in front of home fans this wk

Just keeps getting better and better...

LOL. Hit the nail on the head.

We are such a spineless organization. What an embarrassment.

SOJ.

This was the right move. Too much money invested in Sanchez.

This is normal procedure. You pull the struggling starter.

Then the following week give him back the job to see if he plays any better.

If not, he sits for good until next camp.

You guys are too emotional with this. Relax and let it play out.

If Mark is truly not the guy, you will know very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    I just dropped Sanchez for McElroy! Thanks for waiting till after the waivers run to announce the starter Rex!!!
    If you were counting on either guy in fantasy, your team was done anyway.

why is everyone freaking out? it's obvious 80-85 percent (ok, maybe 90) posters don't like Sanchez or want him to play. Most seem to think he has no future and is one of the worst QBs in the league, which he has proven time and again this season. So with that being said, don't think you think he has a pretty decent chance of screwing this up again over the last 4 games? And if he does, he'll get yanked. especially at the home game, at least, or there might be a riot in the stadium.

btw, I am making a list of all you fake fans out there who cry over every little thing. when good things happen (and they will one day), you will be called out.

That could be a silver lining. This decision is a crappy way to start the day though

Also on the bright side, if the weather stays warm I may play golf instead of having to watch suckchez again. I'll DVR the game in case McElroy gets in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post

If Mark is truly not the guy, you will know very fast.
    You say that like it is still a question.

We have seen him for 50+ starts in almost 4 years. He is done. Beating up on two terrible teams on the road won't change that. When he comes home he will fold.