Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 631

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I don't know if Josh Freeman would have survived New York if he were asked to start right off the bat. He was horrendous in limited action as a rookie, and who knows if he could've handled the pressure.

    Sure he's definitely better now, but he walked into a crappy team in 2009 and was allowed to work through his mistakes.
    Vincent Jackson, Wide Receiver.
    Doug Martin, Running Back.

    Chaz Schillens, Wide Receiver.
    Shonn Greene, Running back.

    Read that, try not to laugh.

    SAR I

  2. #582
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    The bottom line is that if Sanchez is playing, there is no reason to watch. Win or lose. Doesn't matter.

    At least with McElroy, it would have been fun to see what the kid could do with gameplanning and competition in regular season games.

    The fact that we are locked up with Sanchez thru next year makes me sad beyond belief. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The bottom line is that if Sanchez is playing, there is no reason to watch. Win or lose. Doesn't matter.

    At least with McElroy, it would have been fun to see what the kid could do with gameplanning and competition in regular season games.

    The fact that we are locked up with Sanchez thru next year makes me sad beyond belief. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    The game is still worth watching because either Sanchez plays better or he's going to get yanked again for McElroy. Rex will do this without hesitation now because the Jets are still mathematically alive in the playoff race. They have to run the table here and can't allow Sanchez to mess that up. Until Pittsburgh and Indy win two more games the Jets are still alive. Sanchez will be allowed to redeem himself but if he messes up in the slightest he'll be on the bench immediately.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It's revisionist history that's why. SAR has wedded himself to this theory like Rex has wedded himself to Sanchez as the starter. Time will proved them both wrong, but at least SAR has the excuse that the "Jets ruined Sanchez".

    To say they drafted Sanchez because all the Jets needed was a game manager forgets the 2008 season.

    So to believe SAR I is to just forget that the Jets were the hot pick for the Super Bowl in the middle of 2008 (Jets/Giants Super Bowl!?) and were a powerful team until Brett Favre got hurt.

    Even Rex isn't boneheaded enough to switch from a gunslinger to a game manager and start making Super Bowl predictions in one season.
    Excerpt from Rex Ryan's introductory press conference:

    "We want to have an all-weather offense. What kind of offense? We're going to have an all-weather offense, and that starts with a running game, being able to run the football, because I think it's important. You've got to win when the snow falls to get where you want to go, and that's to win Super Bowls. John Harbaugh always used to say, 'we want to win multiple Super Bowls.' We'll start with the first one, but then we're going to move on from there."

    (I'm sorry, SAR revisionist WHAT?)

    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#axzz2EEj5DxIa

    SAR I

  5. #585
    This thread is about as long as Mark Sanchez's nose.



    I still can't believe Rex is sticking with him.

    My ONLY hope now is that he has an EXTREMELY short leash and *when*(not "if") Mark craps the bed, McElroy will come in and take care of things.

  6. #586
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The game is still worth watching because either Sanchez plays better or he's going to get yanked again for McElroy. Rex will do this without hesitation now because the Jets are still mathematically alive in the playoff race. They have to run the table here and can't allow Sanchez to mess that up. Until Pittsburgh and Indy win two more games the Jets are still alive. Sanchez will be allowed to redeem himself but if he messes up in the slightest he'll be on the bench immediately.
    So is this the Tebow game? Is this the path to get football Jesus to play in Jacksonville?

    I'm guessing Mac won't be active.

  7. #587
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Excerpt from Rex Ryan's introductory press conference:

    "We want to have an all-weather offense. What kind of offense? We're going to have an all-weather offense, and that starts with a running game, being able to run the football, because I think it's important. You've got to win when the snow falls to get where you want to go, and that's to win Super Bowls. John Harbaugh always used to say, 'we want to win multiple Super Bowls.' We'll start with the first one, but then we're going to move on from there."

    (I'm sorry, SAR revisionist WHAT?)

    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#axzz2EEj5DxIa

    SAR I
    Right. So they traded up to draft a QB. That makes sense.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    So is this the Tebow game? Is this the path to get football Jesus to play in Jacksonville?

    I'm guessing Mac won't be active.
    Didn't they say Tebow's still not ready? Sanchez will be allowed to play so long as he improves his trade potential, the minute he harms that he'll be on the bench and maybe for good. He can't mess up anymore, not at all. He's used up all his good will with this coaching staff, every last bit of it.

  9. #589
    Shockingly I wouldn't be surprised if it came out the the locker room voted to keep Mark as the stater. This lock room has shown a strong support for Mark this year. I have no love for Mark but the team as a whole still seems to think he gives them the best chance to win. Something we all once believed to be true. They all know McElroy is a joke and Tebow just doesn't show a lot in practice. I still say this O is built more to Tebows ability and he gives us the better chance to win. I'm not real scared of loosing this game however.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Excerpt from Rex Ryan's introductory press conference:

    "We want to have an all-weather offense. What kind of offense? We're going to have an all-weather offense, and that starts with a running game, being able to run the football, because I think it's important. You've got to win when the snow falls to get where you want to go, and that's to win Super Bowls. John Harbaugh always used to say, 'we want to win multiple Super Bowls.' We'll start with the first one, but then we're going to move on from there."

    (I'm sorry, SAR revisionist WHAT?)

    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#axzz2EEj5DxIa

    SAR I
    Revisionist history by omission. From that same press conference:

    "On how he will change the 'Jets' culture....

    You're going to see. The exciting thing is this team won nine football games. This is a good football team. There really doesn't have to be a drastic change, but I think you're going to see a drastic change in some of the style of play, in particular on defense. We're not going to read-and-react, that's for somebody else. We're going to be attacking from the whistle. You're going to see us not (just playing) to the whistle, but through the whistle and that's how we're going to play. We're going to turn the heat up. We're going to let the fur fly and see what happens.

    This is a good football team. It's built to play the kind of style that we're going to play. We've got some unique guys, some edge pass rushers. We've got the man in the middle right there (with) Kris Jenkins and we've got some linebackers. We've got a free safety (Kerry Rhodes) that's a ball hawk and to me the best corner (Darrelle Revis) in football. That's a pretty good starting point right there. You're going to see it. The first practice, first day you come out to practice, you will see the intensity in the style of play that we'll have. We know how to play defense and we know the style that we want. We know what it looks like."

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Shockingly I wouldn't be surprised if it came out the the locker room voted to keep Mark as the stater. This lock room has shown a strong support for Mark this year. I have no love for Mark but the team as a whole still seems to think he gives them the best chance to win. Something we all once believed to be true. They all know McElroy is a joke and Tebow just doesn't show a lot in practice. I still say this O is built more to Tebows ability and he gives us the better chance to win. I'm not real scared of loosing this game however.
    I really don't think so. Did you see how the whole team came alive when Sanchez was pulled last sunday? No way they want him as the starter anymore. This is purely a financial move to try and improve Sanchez tradeability should he actually play better from here on out.

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Shockingly I wouldn't be surprised if it came out the the locker room voted to keep Mark as the stater. This lock room has shown a strong support for Mark this year. I have no love for Mark but the team as a whole still seems to think he gives them the best chance to win. Something we all once believed to be true. They all know McElroy is a joke and Tebow just doesn't show a lot in practice. I still say this O is built more to Tebows ability and he gives us the better chance to win. I'm not real scared of loosing this game however.
    Seems that maybe the coaching staff and players have a better idea of the game of football than JI posters.

    Who would have thought reading this board.

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    so funny, because it feels so true.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    so funny, because it feels so true.
    It's depressing. Both Rex and Sanchez were handed the best possible landing spot in 2009.

    Slowly but surely it's been squandered away by bad decision after bad decision.

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    Besides, I'm positive that had the Jets treated Josh Freeman the same way they've treated Mark Sanchez he'd be a guy most would want to run out of town too.

    SAR I
    Truth.

    Our fan base is about as moronic as impatient as it gets. It's a mix of paranoid and pathetic Mets fans and "nothing is ever good enough" Yankees fans.



    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Vincent Jackson, Wide Receiver.
    Doug Martin, Running Back.


    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Chaz Schillens, Wide Receiver.
    Shonn Greene, Running back.

    Read that, try not to laugh.

    SAR I

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Truth.

    Our fan base is about as moronic as impatient as it gets. It's a mix of paranoid and pathetic Mets fans and "nothing is ever good enough" Yankees fans.









    Yeah... take complete made-up conjecture, label it "Truth" and then call other fans moronic. Good gravy. (since "good grief" is already taken).

    Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin joined TB this year. As did their head coach. One of Sanchez's excuses for his bad individual performances was that he needed more time to build chemistry. So advantage Freeman. And it's Freeman's second 90+ season. Sanchez hasn't touched 80 in a season for QB rating yet.

  17. #597
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have no agenda. I merely have an opinion. I also remember that time vividly, remember what was said in the newspapers, remember what was quoted by the Jets.

    Mark Sanchez was our only option in April 2009. Pennington was traded. Favre didn't want to come back. Clemens and Ratliff were useless. The available free agents were a bunch of scrubs and nobodies.

    The Jets had no choice but to find a QB in the draft, visit with them, see them up close, fall in love with one, get him at all costs. Mark Sanchez was the pick. Because he was the only option, the Jets had to ensure that they were going to get him and not let another team jump up and grab him.

    Mark Sanchez wasn't drafted at #5 because he was worth #5 money; he was drafted in a spot where there was a willing team to trade and that would ensure that he wouldn't slip away.

    SAR I
    Thanks for the response. I know youre busy around here.

    Yeah, i guess we just disagree on the whole situation, but hey, its nothing personal, and actually its what makes this site fun.

    Go Jets!!

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The season stats mean nothing. Because we feast on inferior teams and lose to elite teams, it makes it look like we're much better than we are on defense.
    Because Elite Teams know Sanchez cannot threaten them, and they play the run first. Beat our running game, beat the Jets O.

    Your own argument here is an argument against Sanchez, same as it was (in the past) an argument against Pennington.

    Stack the box against either, and you shut down their running game, and they (Sanchez and Pennington) cannot beat you with their arm.

    In the seven games that we have lost, the defense is allowing 31 points per game and our best rusher is averaging less than 50 yards per game. For a team that is built to win on a stifling defense and a powerful rushing attack that's a suicide mission.
    The effect on the D of the loss of Revis, and horrific turnover-prone play of Sanchez, cannot be minimized by ignoring it.

    Is the D great? No. They're middle-of-the-road.

    But the failure of Sanchez to to be productive, score points, or limit turnovers is as much a cause of that 31 (I'll take your word on the vaidity of that number) as is their lesser play in 2012.

    And had the defense and special teams played at their lofty abilities, with all those high draft picks, with the best defensive Cordinator in the league, with one of the best special teams coaches in NFL history, we are a playoff team this very day.
    Or if Sanchez was even playing at a pure average level, we'd also have a playoff team today.

    Again, we have two scenarios.

    One, yours, we must cut every player on D, the O-line, WR and Running back....and replace every one with a top-10 quality All-Pro.

    The other, mine, we can replace Sanchez with a moderate QB who can limit turnovers.

    I know which one is more realistic. But if you disagree, thats fine. As I've said, regardless of what you and I think, we're likely stuck with Sanchez for one more full season after this.

  19. #599
    I can not wait until Rex Ryan and subsequently mark Sanchez are off this team.

    We have become the laughing stock of the NFL. Thank god for NFL red zone and the ability to watch other teams play football. This is madness.

  20. #600
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It's revisionist history that's why. SAR has wedded himself to this theory like Rex has wedded himself to Sanchez as the starter. Time will proved them both wrong, but at least SAR has the excuse that the "Jets ruined Sanchez".

    The truth is Sanchez has been more bad than good from the day he arrived. There just isn't any top rated defense, special teams or rushing attack to bail him out anymore.

    To say they drafted Sanchez because all the Jets needed was a game manager forgets the 2008 season.

    Anyone remember the 2008 season? Remember winning five in a row including tough road victories against New England and the undefeated Titans?

    Then Favre got injured but Mangini stuck with him, torpedoing the season and a chance at the playoffs. It's what got him fired.

    So to believe SAR I is to just forget that the Jets were the hot pick for the Super Bowl in the middle of 2008 (Jets/Giants Super Bowl!?) and were a powerful team until Brett Favre got hurt.

    Even Rex isn't boneheaded enough to switch from a gunslinger to a game manager and start making Super Bowl predictions in one season.
    I'm hate the coulda/woulda/shoulda game as the next guy, but the Jets were looking for a game manager, all I can remember reading was comparisons to the Ravens SB team and "game managing QB" while he learned the ropes. The problem was the constant turnover in the offensive side of the ball. The kid had to redevelop chemistry with people and he's not that good, accuracy never developed. Sar makes a point just look at the talent around Freeman today vs Sanchez

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us