Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfanfromthestart View Post
    First Ray Lucas called this decision on Sunday, said he would pick Greg M. but Rex will pick Sanchez.

You want to talk about pressue, well Mark you have never faced what you will face Sunday.

Finally, when he blows up and he will, and they pull him then he is officially done in NY. Since our season has been done for quite a while, this will be great entertainment. What a fin joke! Love to see what they will say when they pull him again.
    He has been under pressure all year long, weak line, fumbilitis by committee, no Keller no Holmes, 2 raw WR's 2 jokes, new OC new O. Yes, he has made mistakes,but cmon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is this going to achieve? I dont get it. Sanchez could light it up all day against the ****ty Jags....so friggin what? he'll still **** the bed against a decent defense like he always has.

This was the perfect opportunity to audition McElroy for next season, and you friggin blew it Rex, good job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The front office HAS to go down with this ship...the fact that we paid this clown what we paid him and what we are going to pay him...this is a major problem. This guy NEEDS to go...This guy meaning Tanny. He ****ed this thing up and it's time for him to go down with this Sanchez Ship.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I don't agree. Even though I voted that Rex would pick Sanchez, I held out hope that maybe we would go with McElroy. (Hope rather than idiocy.) Just to prove to us fans that who we put out as QB is not tied to a stupidly extended contract for a player who is completely shot.
    Don't forget what he is, a players coach. If a Manning were waiting on the sideline would it be about the money? Right now this is the best option, and the correct choice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you were surprised by this, you were probably also surprised by the results of the election a few weeks ago.

A pair of very predictable outcomes that somehow blindsided people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And on a side note - it's a valid case to make that Sanchez hasn't had good weapons of late. But one stat that distresses me is his inaccuracy with the short passing game. It's perplexing.

And that - to me - is the root of those low completion % numbers he consistently has (even when corrected for drops). I am not sure a guy who is most capable throwing down the field (10-20 yards) is going to ever work out because you need to able to take the short stuff teams give you and make some YAC after it. You have to be able to take the high-percentage play. That's not really Mark's profile at this point: touch on short passes and putting it where a player can continue making a play.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Don't forget what he is, a players coach. If a Manning were waiting on the sideline would it be about the money? Right now this is the best option, and the correct choice.
    That is his failing. IMO, decisions by a HC should be based on results and performance. Stoic, rather than emotional.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's it! I'm finally done with Rex Ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is his failing. IMO, decisions by a HC should be based on results and performance. Stoic, rather than emotional.
    Read the rest of what I said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets announce that Mark Sanchez will be starter vs Jaguars

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex Ryan has named Mark Sanchez the starter for Sunday #jets #nyj
    Wow! Braylon Edwards wielding some serious influence around here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonny's take:

Got to satisfy ALL of the decision makers on the question of whether Sanchez is an option for 2013 or Kaput. The staff figures McElroy is going nowhere and can: a) pitch relief for Sanchez this season when needed; and b) compete for the job in 2012.

Personally, I've seen enough of Sanchez to make my decision, but I can understand that punting on the #5 pick in the draft who is on the books for 8 million next is a decision that can not be made without everyone on board. The question is, if Sanchez is given enough rope, will he hang himself by continuing his terrible play, or tie the team up by playing just well enough to stay in the mix.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nope.

If the defense and special teams showed up at New England and at home against the Dolphins we'd be headed to a 10-6 season.

Stop blaming the quarterback with no weapons. Start blaming the defense who's had all the support in the world and the special teams genius who has apparently already retired.

SAR I
    Stop already with the "no weapons" BS. How many times do you need to sse this guy not see wide open, yes wide open receivers and throw a duck into coverage? How often do you need to see this guy double pump to an open guy, then allow the DB to close on him and either knock the pass down or usually intercept it? Usually in the red zone.

Good QB's would be doing a hell of alot better than this, even with this motley crew. They also would not throw a duck off their back foot while standing in their own end zone into double coverage on the 30 yard line. Give it a rest already.

I am not giving Rex and Tannenbaum a pass here but this guy is not an NFL QB with all the pouting and BS. Talent aside, just take a look at the life and competitive fire McElroy brought last week and then compare him to Moping Mark.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm boycotting the game this weekend

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This Sunday will be the first time I attend a Jets away game, and what a circus it will be! I'm sure there will be lots of other Jets fans in attendance, and it will be tough to figure out who will be booing louder when Sanchez steps on the field - Jets or Jags fans.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Unbelievably stupid and out of touch with reality.

Adios Fatso (and all that stuff)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Seems like you are talking about yourself in both references......
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 12-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sonny's take:

Got to satisfy ALL of the decision makers on the question of whether Sanchez is an option for 2013 or Kaput. The staff figures McElroy is going nowhere and can: a) pitch relief for Sanchez this season when needed; and b) compete for the job in 2012.

Personally, I've seen enough of Sanchez to make my decision, but I can understand that punting on the #5 pick in the draft who is on the books for 8 million next is a decision that can not be made without everyone on board. The question is, if Sanchez is given enough rope, will he hang himself by continuing his terrible play, or tie the team up by playing just well enough to stay in the mix.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhgllqSKro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If true......

F*CK REX RYAN I HOPE HE GETS FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN WITH HIS F*CKING BUTT BUDDY SUCKCHEZ.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

ESPN.COM sanchez is the starter

OMFG

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...nville-jaguars

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets aren't ready to try a "Hail McElroy" just yet.

More on ESPNNewYork.com

This was the safest move for Rex Ryan. It demonstrates the organization's commitment to Sanchez, its willingness to make it work, writes Rich Cimini. Blog

After mulling the most important decision of his head-coaching career, Rex Ryan decided to stick with embattled starting quarterback Mark Sanchez, the team announced Wednesday morning.

Backup Greg McElroy, the new fan favorite after rallying the Jets to a 7-6 win over the Arizona Cardinals, will remain on the bench with Tim Tebow -- for now.

Ryan, who informed the entire team of his decision to start Sanchez at its 8 a.m. meeting, will address the media at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday.

The next question becomes the No. 2 job. Ryan apparently isn't ready to make that announcement. That will depend largely on Tebow's health, according to a source.

Ryan benched Sanchez for the first time in his career Sunday, fueling a quarterback controversy. It intensified when McElroy, in his NFL debut, led the struggling offense to its only score.

Sanchez, coming off a three-interception nightmare, will return to his familiar role Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars. That the game is on the road should help him; he won't have to deal with the venom of the New York fans, many of whom have turned on him in recent weeks.

Ryan was noncommittal Sunday and Monday, claiming he needed time to make the decision. It was the first time in three-plus seasons he didn't publicly back Sanchez as his starter. Ryan said he wanted to have an "open discussion" with his staff.

That occurred Tuesday, sources said, as he huddled with owner Woody Johnson, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano
    Last edited by murphklecko73; 12-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His failing, or so we will see is that he concentrated on building his core on D while neglecting the O, now he has been a HC 3 plus years where was everyone else in the org. with more experience? They knew Woody, and Faneca were gonna be done, soon Moore. No excuse for that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    What are you smoking?