Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    "I get no pressure from Woody. I have a great relationship with my owner. We have open conversations all the time. From the day Mr. Johnson hired me, he said decisions are 100% mine".
    Ok, good.

Then Rex and Tanny can take full responsabillity for the Mark choice, the Tebow choice, and now this choice to keep on with Sanchez despite his horrific play.

At years end, Rex and Tanny will/should be fired for these mistakes and many others. And no excuse of "the owner made me do it".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'd be so pissed off if I was McElroy.

I just provided the best QB play the team has had in weeks. Now, Tebow's health pending, I'm back to 3rd string? What the hell?!
    After his running his mouth last year, how he handles this will be key.

He's a smart guy, hopefully he grins, bears it and keeps a unified front with the team message and we will see him again.

"We're trying to get rid of some of the mistakes".

Yeah, like Mike T. extending Sanchez. (Me saying this, of course.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebows health is a cover up. They have no intention of tebow ever taking a snap as full time qb. Why, I have no clue.
    Probably because he's a sh1tty QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

How anyone can still defend this f*cking idiot is beyond me.

I never want anything to do with a players coach again.

Give me a hardass disciplinarian who won't play favorites, won't let the inmates run the asylum, and will get in players faces when they f*ck up. Not continually pat them on the back and tell them everything is going to be alright when they're playing like sh*t.

What the hell is Tuna up to these days?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I swear to God if we don't at least draft a QB in the mid rounds or bring in a legitimate veteran in the off-season to compete I'm going to burn every Jets item I own until Tannenbaum is gone.
    Let me know if you are able to see this through to fruition.
    Ive tried ditching my gear and fanhood a few weeks ago, however i was unable to pull the trigger. Its harder than you may think (no homo)

Rex: "Feels great" about this decision. Came up with it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He clearly said Tebow, if he's cleared to play.
    It's actually more than that. There's a difference between "cleared to play" and being 100%. Cleared to play means that there's no medical danger. In Tebow's case, his ribs could still be very sore which would impact his ability to perform.

Gets to the old question of do you go with player 1 who's at 70%, or player 2 who might not be as good, but is 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Give me a hardass disciplinarian who won't play favorites, won't let the inmates run the asylum, and will get in players faces when they f*ck up. Not continually pat them on the back and tell them everything is going to be alright when they're playing like sh*t.

My guess? Taking a massive dump.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

About 375.

And I totally agree with your players coach point.

He's being played and he's too pompous and arrogant to see it.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He clearly said Tebow, if he's cleared to play.
    Smokescreen IMO. Avoiding saying that McElroy is the #2, and hiding behind the ribs as a reason for Tebow not playing.

I think McElroy will be the #2, and Tebow will sit again.

McElroy NEEDS to be the starter, bar none! Sanchez is done and Rex refuses to see it or is just plum stupid. Tebow needs to be traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars, thats his home market and people want him there.

I say you make McElroy the starter, find somebody to fill the 2nd spot and then look at drafting a QB from this years incoming draft class to have in a 3rd spot. McElroy has proved through his College years that he can AND does make smart throws. He proved in last Sundays game that his isn't a selfish player either...he could have EASILY ran the ball in for a TD! The Jets are going to continue their "virus" as long as Sanchez is in the pocket...period!

J.P. Pelzman ‏@JPPelzman
    Rex: 'I enjoy mediocre QB play.' #hedidntreallysaythat #maybeheshouldhave

That had me rollin' for a while. Awesome.

LOL

Hard ass disciplinarians bench starting QBs and then start them the next week, so what's the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Let me know if you are able to see this through to fruition.
    Ive tried ditching my gear and fanhood a few weeks ago, however i was unable to pull the trigger. Its harder than you may think (no homo)
    I'm too weak to ever give up on them permanently, but if they continue this clown show I will not support the team til it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    To be a Jets fan you have to be a bit of a masochist.
    maybe a little, but some of these people are beyond rational. I've been around. Family has had tix since Titans days. I started going to shea when I was under 5 in the late 70s. I get pissed on gameday just like the rest, but it's getting out of control. People want to joke that this team is a train wreck or a circus. If that is the case, the fan base has caught up and passed them easily

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Rex needed to get "the pulse" of ppl in the org. "Had a lot of open convos, & w/ that there are a lot of different opinions. #nyj #jets

That was a good one too.

I don't know that I agree with the decision to start Sanchez, as I'm at the point where I believe I have seen enough.

That said, Rex's position makes sense as well, is logical and can be easily defended.

It's one of those situations where people can look at it from different ways, have different opinions, and both of them are "sound", even though they are contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Maybe this lights a fire under Mark. You never know.

Remember a couple years ago when Donovan McNabb was stinking up the joint in Philly and Reid benched him for Kevin Kolb? I lit a fire under him and he played very well for the rest of the season.

Even Kolb himself was lighting it up this season after being benched by Skelton, until he got hurt.

I say let's see what happens. You never know.
    Sanchez will have a good game against the Jaguars and it means nothing. The Jaguars are 28th against the pass and this is the type of team Mark strives against see Buffalo. If he was facing an avg defense I would be confident he folds like he always does against competent defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sanchez will have a good game against the Jaguars and it means nothing. The Jaguars are 28th against the pass and this is the type of team Mark strives against see Buffalo. If he was facing an avg defense I would be confident he folds like he always does against competent defenses.
    Last week, I'm putting the ziti in the oven as we have our first possession. I yell out, "Watch Sanchez throw a pick six".
    A split second later, my wife is screaming that Mark threw an INT. I about pitched the ziti against the wall.

There is no question in my mind that Sanchez f**ks up our first possession against the Jags and loses the game.