Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as the QB

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's when I walk into Atlantic Health with a bomb strapped to my chest.
    Take me with you. I'll bring the beer.

I have no doubt in my mind that Rex and Sanchez will both be here next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Running into a meeting so I can hope someone can answer this quickly... Who is suiting up as #2, Tebow/McElroy?

All Pro
    What is Sanchez going to show that he hasn't already shown dozens of times in the past? We know his capabilities, and simply put, he's not good enough. This was a great opportunity to peek into a future without Sanchez, and it could have been done very elegantly without the Tebow distraction being much of a factor.

It's tough to gauge Rex's rational behind this move, but I tend to lean toward it being based mostly on PR and the Sanchez contract situation.

At the very least, I hope the leash on Sanchez is much shorter than it has been in the past. No more coddling and watching consecutive quarters of complete ineffectiveness on offense. It's time to put up or shut up, no more sloppy, mistake laden football!

Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    While that is YOUR only interest, the Jets are still trying to make the playoffs. If they win out, they can still make the playoffs. So their task at this point is not "see what they got in Mcelroy" its to put the best players on the field to give them a chance to win.

With that said, I think its clear that the team rallied behind Mcelroy last week and that alone should be enough to keep Mcelroy in the game. If Rex wants to give Sanchez one more shot, that is fine, but he better have a quick hook if Sanchez comes out and does something stupid again.
    In my mind, it goes without being said that the team should be trying to win out and by some act of God miraculously make the playoffs, so don't take what I said the wrong way...thats what I would like to see as well, my point is that McElroy deserves his chance to show what he can do

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    This was a great opportunity to peek into a future without Sanchez, and it could have been done very elegantly without the Tebow distraction being much of a factor.
    This is a great point and exposes this as even more of a missed opportunity. Tebow being inactive last week was a godsend as it allowed them to move right to McElroy when Sanchez got benched. With him leading the winning drive, everything was set up perfectly for him to remain the starter so we could at least get a better idea of what he could do. By going back to Sanchez, we now let Tebow's name back into the whole cluster**** of a discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that Rex and Sanchez will both be here next year.
    +1

Will Be.

Not neccessarily "should be".

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Unbelievably stupid and out of touch with reality.

Adios Fatso (and all that stuff)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    This is pretty damning right here... sg3 tends to side with the FO/HC. If he is calling them out... well it's a done deal. Zimmer/Turner 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Said Mark can learn from taking a step back and watching someone else in the QB role.
    I don't disagree with this, but does he really think that by sitting suckchez for a little more than a quarter, it would magically make him more accurate, progress through his reads, and generally stop being a major f#ck-up?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I don't disagree with this, but does he really think that by sitting suckchez for a little more than a quarter, it would magically make him more accurate, progress through his reads, and generally stop being a major f#ck-up?!?!
    If you're asking me? Not a shot in hell. But I'm not a bought and sold huckster like Rex.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    ....and Piggies on the brain....

I think Rex being told what to do explains a lot of the nonsense on this team. I guess you kind of have to sell your soul to be a head coach in the NFL and explains why the 'stars' make all those personnel control etc demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sifting throuigh this drivel, Mcelroy will be the #2 as even though tebow has been cleared to play, rex doesnt think he is healthy. Im glad rex is playing doctor as well.
    That is F-in classic.

Tebow has been cleared to play for two weeks now...by Doctors!

Yet Rex doesn't think he's healthy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'd be so pissed off if I was McElroy.

I just provided the best QB play the team has had in weeks. Now, Tebow's health pending, I'm back to 3rd string? What the hell?!
    Your basing this on one drive that was aided substantially by a border line unnecessary roughing penalty. I really don't understand how anyone would have thought Rex's decision could have been anything other than what it was. He is stuck with this guy through next year. He needs to somehow make Sanchez at least servicable. Lets not get carried away with Mac just yet.......that was not exactly an Elway last minute game winning drive. Not even close.

JetsInsider.com @JetsInsider
    Kerley: "it wasn't too big of a shock to the guys" on Sanchez being named starter Sunday. #nyj

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Qb meeting was with Rex, Cavanaugh and Sparano. Lasted about 10 minutes #jet #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Tim Tebow said that Tony Sparano and QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh were in QBs room when Rex told 3 QBs that Sanchez was going to be starter #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 12-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Watch them beat the Jags 9-7. Sanchez wont turn the ball over but all passes will be five yards and under. After the game, Rex will compliment Mark on not messing it up. The beat beat goes on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Qb meeting was with Rex, Cavanaugh and Sparano. Lasted about 10 minutes #jet #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Tim Tebow said that Tony Sparano and QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh were in QBs room when Rex told 3 QBs that Sanchez was going to be starter #nyj
    WOW, thats a pretty bad offensive brain trust right there.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Watch them beat the Jags 9-7. Sanchez wont turn the ball over but all passes will be five yards and under. After the game, Rex will compliment Mark on not messing it up. The beat beat goes on.
    It will be a three and out-athon for the offense with Suckchez