Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrecks is 0-5 against Brady in the last 5 regular season games the two teams have played.
    Why don't you include playoff games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Can anyone name 1 team that has demoted their GM? and supposedly, we are about to do this for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    He's of the belief that it was just a camera trick and that the Jets never beat the Pats at all. I'm inclined to believe him since the Pats and their fans are camera experts.

ok 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    ok 1-6
    It's actually 2-5, but not surprising that pat fans would lie about their records*

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Can anyone name 1 team that has demoted their GM? and supposedly, we are about to do this for a second time.
    It is not what was done or not done in the past or may have or may not have been done elsewhere. It is what is best for this organization now and going forward. Tanny did manipulate the uncapped year well, and was one of a handful of GMs that identified a window in a cap year where charges were back loaded onto a previous year. - Good for him.

Whether or not he kowtowed to Rex or the way he negotiated contracts is what I feel he had short comings.

It's actually 2-5, but not surprising that pat fans would lie about their records*
    hehehe

No, the parameter was the last 5 games, the jets poster wanted the playoff game included. 2-5 is 7 games, so i guess that means jet fans can't count. well that is ok as you will have a lot of time to learn how to count up to ten wins.

sorry I didn't check but it is one in five last games, I included the playoff game per a jet posters request that that game is included in the last 5 games. But the big answer is still a failure that he comes up short much more times than not. Even when jet fans believed the jets were a better overall team.
    Last edited by patman; 12-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/
    Will it be like in the old war movies and Tanny has his rank pins/stripes ripped off his shoulders?

Jets Insider VIP
    It is not what was done or not done in the past or may have or may not have been done elsewhere.
    Sure it does. You have 2 options to be successful.

1- See what the successful people are doing and emulate that
    2- Blaze your own trial

and lets not act like the jets are blazing their own trial with foolishly demoting people who have failed.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not saying I'm not a fan of martz, but rex would strangle him by the end of season one, literally he would strangle him!
    You act like that's a bad thing?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I like it, if true, I like the idea of Tannenbaum staying on, I think he is critical in managing the cap, don't underestimate that part of the job, it's huge.

I could easily see a situation where Parcells comes back on board, to work with both Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells, with his history with Tannenbaum, with Bradyway, his affinity of Rex, his background with Sparano, his background with Woody, and Woody is also a fan. That would be a very good fit, Parcells could come in and restore order in the front office, and that is what we would all want.
    Parcels would also focus Rex on coaching rather than running his mouth, also I guarentee you would se a change in the free wheeling run your mouth attitude of the players. Come on back Bill and finish what you started.

Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Parcels would also focus Rex on coaching rather than running his mouth, also I guarentee you would se a change in the free wheeling run your mouth attitude of the players. Come on back Bill and finish what you started.
    Bill is a great coach. Bill is an awful GM and head of football operations. He should be nowhere near this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Any new GM would want their own HC.

Who the hell out there would take the Jets GM position with Wrecks as the HC?

Belichick went 41-55 pre-Brady and was 20-28 in his first 3 years as a coach.

In Wrecks first 3 years, he was 28-20.

If the Pats had a different coach, they may have won more than 3 Super Bowls!

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/
    This is the route I have been asking the Jets to go. What's good about Tanny being reassigned and a new GM is that the new GM will have no loyalties to Sanchez and see him for what he is. That means even though Sanchez is on the roster next year in all likelihood, the new GM will go out and search for someone else who can be the starter in 2013. Rex I have no issues with giving another year as long as he is given less of a say in the drafting decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This is the route I have been asking the Jets to go. What's good about Tanny being reassigned and a new GM is that the new GM will have no loyalties to Sanchez and see him for what he is. That means even though Sanchez is on the roster next year in all likelihood, the new GM will go out and search for someone else who can be the starter in 2013. Rex I have no issues with giving another year as long as he is given less of a say in the drafting decisions.
    Congrats, your idea significantly diminished the total number of candidates to be GM next year. What is this, friggin Romper Room? You expect a self respecting professional to come in here and be the GM when his predecessor is still in the building in some capacity, having been forced upon him because the Owner is too chicken**** to just fire the guy? Even better the new GM will have no say in the coaching staff. Yeah, I can see all the greats lining up for this job

Jets Insider VIP
    I do not think tannenbaum will accept a demotion. When you accept a demotion, your admitting that you couldnt do the job. Tanny's ego will not let him do that as I believe he thinks he is a great gm

If tannenbaum wants a shot at being a a gm again, he is better off being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Congrats, your idea significantly diminished the total number of candidates to be GM next year. What is this, friggin Romper Room? You expect a self respecting professional to come in here and be the GM when his predecessor is still in the building in some capacity, having been forced upon him because the Owner is too chicken**** to just fire the guy? Even better the new GM will have no say in the coaching staff. Yeah, I can see all the greats lining up for this job
    Would you prefer Tannenbaum stay GM? I think as a salary cap guy, he could do an OK job. I'm clearly also fine with them dumping him entirely from the organization, but at the very minimum, remove him as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Belichick went 41-55 pre-Brady and was 20-28 in his first 3 years as a coach.

In Wrecks first 3 years, he was 28-20.

If the Pats had a different coach, they may have won more than 3 Super Bowls!
    you dog gone went and figured it all out. Once the word gets out, Rex is a lock for the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I do not think tannenbaum will accept a demotion. When you accept a demotion, your admitting that you couldnt do the job. Tanny's ego will not let him do that as I believe he thinks he is a great gm

If tannenbaum wants a shot at being a a gm again, he is better off being fired.
    Adding a Director of Football Operations in between tannenbaum and woody, can be spun so that it is not a demotion.

I really am shocked how many people want tannenbaum gone, but are willing to let rex stay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Adding a Director of Football Operations in between tannenbaum and woody, can be spun so that it is not a demotion.
    So you are saying tannenbaum still has GM in his title? Cause if GM is not in his title, you can spin it anyway you want but everyone knows he has been demoted.