Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/
    It is speculation by Manish but I hope its true.

Hall Of Fame
    Fatty has been suggesting this for weeks.

Woody loves Rex and he owes him a lot of $$$$. Rex should be fired but those two things will ultimately save him.

Does a new GM come in and make Rex changed OC? While the players could not do any scheme justice this year. I just think Sporano is too vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Woody loves Rex and he owes him a lot of $$$$. Rex should be fired but those two things will ultimately save him.
    Rex Ryan will not and should not be fired unless he has a disaster season.

So far, this has not been a disaster season in accordance with preseason expectations from many sources.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Woody shouldn't be concerned about losing $$, he's part of the 1%. If that's the case, then he should retire and give the team a new owner who can sell the circus and buy us some class.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

So far, this has not been a disaster season in accordance with preseason expectations from many sources.
    Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?

I'm ok with this as long the team finishes strong and we either bring in another qb to really compete with suckchez or draft a potential qb to groom

Man, does the team plane have to go down in flames for you to call it a disaster season?

This is my preferred scenario. After another year if Rex doesn't do the job he is down the road.

A new Gm should be given TOTAL autonomy to make all decisons and be a strong willed ******* who will ask rex what type of offense and defense he wants to run and then tells him to gtfo of any and all personell decisions.

Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?
    Depends on who the candidates are. If it's Polian, remember he hired Tony Dungy, a defensive mastermind with the Buccaneers to run the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Man, does the team plane have to go down in flames for you to call it a disaster season?
    Yes basically. Either the team quits on him or they end up in the bottom tier of the AFC, which this year would be double digit losses.

Currently they are right in the middle of the AFC in terms of record.

Depends on who the candidates are. If it's Polian, remember he hired Tony Dungy, a defensive mastermind with the Buccaneers to run the Colts.
    I like a fresh GM instead of a retread... Look at someone in the Giants or Steelers organization... I know a few names were mentioned in other threads. I would really like to see a GM force Rex to accept a different offensive philosophy other than ground and pound.

I like a fresh GM instead of a retread... Look at someone in the Giants or Steelers organization... I know a few names were mentioned in other threads. I would really like to see a GM force Rex to accept a different offensive philosophy other than ground and pound.
    Either that or hire a strong OC like Mike Martz or Norv Turner

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I'm ok with this as long the team finishes strong and we either bring in another qb to really compete with suckchez or draft a potential qb to groom
    I have my issues with rex.but if the jets win out and the team plays hard for him the rest of the way it will be hard to justify firing him.He has taken the team to two afc championship games. But he needs to bring in a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I have my issues with rex.but if the jets win out and the team plays hard for him the rest of the way it will be hard to justify firing him.He has taken the team to two afc championship games. But he needs to bring in a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner.
    If they go 7-9 or better, that will be enough to save him.

Either that or hire a strong OC like Mike Martz or Norv Turner
    Not saying I'm not a fan of martz, but rex would strangle him by the end of season one, literally he would strangle him!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not saying I'm not a fan of martz, but rex would strangle him by the end of season one, literally he would strangle him!
    Well that would go along with the "circus theme" surrounding this team.

I like it, if true, I like the idea of Tannenbaum staying on, I think he is critical in managing the cap, don't underestimate that part of the job, it's huge.

I could easily see a situation where Parcells comes back on board, to work with both Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells, with his history with Tannenbaum, with Bradyway, his affinity of Rex, his background with Sparano, his background with Woody, and Woody is also a fan. That would be a very good fit, Parcells could come in and restore order in the front office, and that is what we would all want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I like it, if true, I like the idea of Tannenbaum staying on, I think he is critical in managing the cap, don't underestimate that part of the job, it's huge.

I could easily see a situation where Parcells comes back on board, to work with both Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells, with his history with Tannenbaum, with Bradyway, his affinity of Rex, his background with Sparano, his background with Woody, and Woody is also a fan. That would be a very good fit, Parcells could come in and restore order in the front office, and that is what we would all want.
    Is Parcells a fan of Rex?