Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Well Ari Nissim is doing the Jets cap and has been for 5+ yrs.
    What does that mean?

I have a hard time believing that Tanny does not have his finger prints all over the cap and contracts. That is his entire claim to fame and background.

But if Nissim has as much latitude as you suggest then he needs to go as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Right, a ****ty GM.

We've been giving people their first shot in life this entire time under Woody. It's time to bring in some people who have a clue wtf they're doing to begin with.
    Like this Scott Cohen person as mentioned above?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    False

Don't even pretend you have a clue, because you don't.
    This coming from the guy who predicted 12 wins.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Is Parcells a fan of Rex?
    Parcells was the man who recommended Rex to Woody after Mangini was fired

Sent from my LG-P999

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I think his troubles in that department are a function of poor decision-making, not the actual details of the contracts themselves.

Take Sanchez for example. Jason at nyjetscap said that his rookie deal was very intelligently constructed. The extension was so unnecessary, and that's more of a bad calculated decision. He got Sanchez at a cheaper price down the road, but that was under the poorly calculated assumption that he'd develop into a franchise signal caller.
    This is still yet to be determined.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Any new GM would want their own HC.

Who the hell out there would take the Jets GM position with Wrecks as the HC?
    Most GM candidates would prefer picking their own coach, thatís true. But, iím sure there are a few viable GM candidates who think they manage a team with Rex at the helm.
    Regardless, Rexís future as H/C will all be determined based on how the team plays out the rest of their games.
    If they mange to get to 8-8, or dare i say 9-8, this will prove that Rex still has the trust and confidence of his core players.
    If his decision in sticking with Sanchez ends up being the wrong move, it will cause an even more a bigger rift internally.
    By then, heíll be toast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is still yet to be determined.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What does that mean?

I have a hard time believing that Tanny does not have his finger prints all over the cap and contracts. That is his entire claim to fame and background.

But if Nissim has as much latitude as you suggest then he needs to go as well.
    Read the Jets media guide and the responsibilities of the front office. Nissim manages the cap.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...ssim,-Ari.html

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This coming from the guy who predicted 12 wins.

Only if I actually made that prediction...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be butthurt because I said you were clueless...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read the Jets media guide and the responsibilities of the front office. Nissim manages the cap.

I know that. And we have had this discussion before. I understand certain people have certain job titles. Mike Pettine is our Defensive Coordinator but who do you think runs the defense?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?
    He would have his choice, but I don't think a lot of GMs would let Rex walk. Rex is out of his element in the captain's chair, as he's all but admitted. If they get a GM that can take care of the big picture, and let Rex focus on the on field decisions, I think anyone would love to have him. Let's take away personell and coaching staff decisions. Maybe even relive him of the active roster decisions. Rex needs someone to keep him in line. He's got a great Defensive mind, but he's too nice, and he tries to hard. In other words. He needs someone to defer the difficult decisions to, so he can keep his hands clean, and remain loyal to the players, and staff, yet keep his mouth shut and the players in line.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He would have his choice, but I don't think a lot of GMs would let Rex walk. Rex is out of his element in the captain's chair, as he's all but admitted. If they get a GM that can take care of the big picture, and let Rex focus on the on field decisions, I think anyone would love to have him. Let's take away personell and coaching staff decisions. Maybe even relive him of the active roster decisions. Rex needs someone to keep him in line. He's got a great Defensive mind, but he's too nice, and he tries to hard. In other words. He needs someone to defer the difficult decisions to, so he can keep his hands clean, and remain loyal to the players, and staff, yet keep his mouth shut and the players in line.
    I am ok with that other than the coaching staff decisions. You let a coach build his own staff! In this particular instance the GM might "persuade" him that we need a more balance offense and guys who fit that philosophy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically the new GM will have no say in who the coach is?

Splendid

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We could take away his personnel decisions and not let him choose his coaches. Heck maybe we could also take away his rights to press conferences as well while we're at it since he's a buffoon most of the time.

Orrrrrr.....

We can hire a competent GM and let him hire a competent coach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not like every GM automatically fires the coach.

Holmgren kept Mangini for a year

Lovie Smith was retained when Chicago hired a new GM.

It's not 100% that Rex would be fired when a new GM gets hired, because not every new GM fires the HC immediately

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanny needs to go back to managing the cap. Rex needs to coach the Defense, and give pep talks. Sporano can coach the line. We need to hire a real offensive mind, like Norv Turner perhaps, and we need a GM to be in charge of them all. Sorry but if the buck stops with Rex, it ain't stopping. Who do you think is in charge of Rex' family? Him, or Mrs Rex?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    It's not like every GM automatically fires the coach.

Holmgren kept Mangini for a year

Lovie Smith was retained when Chicago hired a new GM.

It's not 100% that Rex would be fired when a new GM gets hired, because not every new GM fires the HC immediately
    No, but you let the GM make that decision. You don't go out looking on the market for a GM and tell them they have no say on the coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but you let the GM make that decision. You don't go out looking on the market for a GM and tell them they have no say on the coach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly