Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 168

Thread: Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

  1. #81
    for me the problem with Rex is not if he is a good coach or not
    its not even about the record, i understand sometimes you got bad years.

    the problem is with a coach who was about to start week 1 of the NFL with Hunter as is RT
    with this a weak recivers corps
    with the same aging LB's
    with no ability to pass rush
    with the same running backs

    all this problems were here the year before, how as a coach Rex didnt come after the season to the GM and owner and told them i cant win with this gruop, we need to make big changes, but none of it was done


    so we keep on hearing how eric smith is so important,how sanchez give us the best chance to win...

    rex is just a boy who dont have the balls to stand up to his GM or owner, even if he would get fired for it, some coaches did it before,the pats coach did it to the jets, you got to have a backbone and stand for what you believe.

    how did he approve the Tebow trade? we know Rex thinks tebow sucks, he should put his foot down and tell woody, you want tebow? thats fine, but you will have to fire me.
    Last edited by fusion; 12-06-2012 at 11:05 PM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not sure why you are posting that. I know what he does. Or should I say what he is supposed to do.

    Are you disputing my point that the only reason why he has a job is b.c he suggested that we should move up for Revis. That or he has dirt on Woody.
    So you are saying the reason Bradway is here is because of the Revis scouting trip?

  3. #83
    I mean seriously, so many Rex supporters listing all the flaws and how we need a GM to make him feel like he's in charge, keep a reign on him in press conferences, take away his personnel decisions, take away his input on his coaching staff.....

    Here's a grand idea since we're talking about demotions, demote Rex to DC where he belongs.

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,225
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So you are saying the reason Bradway is here is because of the Revis scouting trip?
    Or dirt on Woody.

    I give Mangini the credit and blame for the 2006-2008 drafts.

    Seriously, I have no idea why this guy has a job. Our personnel sucks and he is the Senior Personnel Executive. Even though I do think it is just a title and Rex is our real Senior Personnel Executive.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?
    Plus Rex will want to draft more defense in the 1st rd of the draft

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Here's a grand idea since we're talking about demotions, demote Rex to DC where he belongs.
    That is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

    I don't wanna see Rex get demoted to DC, and there's no way he'd let that happen anyway.

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,112
    Based on all of the information that has been leaked over the past few weeks, when you look at the Jets cap situation after this season compared with the cap situation after the 2013 season, i think its easy to decipher what is going to happen.

    The Jets will promote Cohen to GM and demote Tanny, similar to what happened to Bradway. Woody is probably looking at his obligation to Tanny, Rex, and to a further extent Sanchez and Holmes.

    We are really limited to the amount of changes we can make next year. If Rex and Sanchez survive next season, than its anybody's guess. But if they fail to make the playoffs again in 2013, Woody blows it up.

    You can't recruit the best GM candidates and therefore coaches when you have an albatross with Sanchez, Holmes, and the cap holding the team from making any moves.

    But, the Jets, after the 2013 season, with no ties to an overpaid, under talented QB, and a ton of cap space to work with, might just be very attractive.

    As far as Cohen is concerned, I would watch all of his moves and judge for myself whether he motivation is 2013 team at the detriment of 2014 and beyond, then he would have to go too. If he makes moves in the Best interest of the Jets LONG TERM, then he can be "re-assigned" too.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I mean seriously, so many Rex supporters listing all the flaws and how we need a GM to make him feel like he's in charge, keep a reign on him in press conferences, take away his personnel decisions, take away his input on his coaching staff.....

    Here's a grand idea since we're talking about demotions, demote Rex to DC where he belongs.
    +1
    It's perplexing man. A man with so many obvious faults that should never be associated with a good HC, yet so many want him back here as HC???

    This some illogical ish, man.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This means we will have demoted our last 2 GMs. This is f#cking embarrassing. Fire these guys. Their stench hangs around the organization when they are still here.

    We need new blood in here. I want tanny, rex, bradway gone. All of them....gone.

    What successful franchise demotes GMs?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    We get it guy, nothing the Jets do is wrong in your eyes. You were great as the Iraqi Defense Minister as well.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    That is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

    I don't wanna see Rex get demoted to DC, and there's no way he'd let that happen anyway.
    I don't either, I just think it's ridiculous that so many people want to make a ton of concessions to cover up his flaws. He needs to go along with Tanny. the guy is a great DC andf a terrible terrible terrible coach.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Or dirt on Woody.

    I give Mangini the credit and blame for the 2006-2008 drafts.

    Seriously, I have no idea why this guy has a job. Our personnel sucks and he is the Senior Personnel Executive. Even though I do think it is just a title and Rex is our real Senior Personnel Executive.
    Reread his bio. He lead the drafts during the Mangini yrs and will be doing so again now that Clinkscales left.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Parcells would never work with Rex.

    Never.

    Ever.
    Guess you've never heard Parcells talk about Rex.

    Or realize that they talk often.

    But hey, you know it all.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,225
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Reread his bio. He lead the drafts during the Mangini yrs and will be doing so again now that Clinkscales left.
    I know what the bio says. Which is why I made sure to note that I give Mangini the credit in spite of Bradway supposedly "leading" the draft.

    Here is my theory. For some reason he was not fired when Tanny was made the GM. Probably bc they wanted to keep the training wheels on Tanny and have Bradway nurse him. That led to "power vaccuum" in personnel b.c neither guy had the full faith and confidence of the organization. That "power vaccuum" allowed for the HC to have more say than normal b.c neither Tanny or Bradway had a lot of currency as GMs with Bradway recently demoted and Tanny with little to no background in personnel.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-06-2012 at 11:48 PM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know what the bio says. Which is why I made sure to note that I give Mangini the credit in spite of Bradway supposedly "leading" the draft.

    Here is my theory. For some reason he was not fired when Mangini was made the GM. Probably bc they wanted to keep the training wheels on Tanny and have Bradway nurse him. That led to "power vaccuum" in personnel b.c neither guy had the full faith and confidence of the organization. That "power vaccuum" allowed for the HC to have more say than normal b.c neither Tanny or Bradway had a lot of currency as GMs with Bradway recently demoted and Tanny with little to no background in personnel.
    Bradways strength has always been scouting. It's what he also likes to do. Came thru the Giants org as a scout.

  16. #96
    Rex deserves the axe. His drafts have been terrible. A fb? John Conner? Stupid! No ability o evaluate talent!

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Do you really want that quality in your HEAD COACH???
    Okay then we'll just grab one of the other brilliant coaches out there. Seriously Jet fans are delusional. The league is full of teams that suck year after year. We sucked for a long long time. We've have one of the best records in the NFL the last 3 years despite all the flaws, the QB, and no pass rushers. It's seriously unbelievable how Jet fans love to hate on everything about our team, and think that every other team is so much better. You guys must not watch a lot of other teams play. Almost any GM would would kill to have Rex as a Defensive coordinator, and to do that you probably have to call him your head coach. Sorry if I don't want to go back to sucking on both sides of the ball. I'd like to find a way to improve the offense, the character and the personnel of the team, whilst keeping the the only defense that turns QBs like Brady, and Peyton into mere humans.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I don't either, I just think it's ridiculous that so many people want to make a ton of concessions to cover up his flaws. He needs to go along with Tanny. the guy is a great DC andf a terrible terrible terrible coach.
    Oh ok, gotcha.

    I just wasnt sure if you were serious. Alot of fans have been saying that he should get demoted to DC, and I just cringe at the thought of it.

  19. #99
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Rex deserves the axe. His drafts have been terrible. A fb? John Conner? Stupid! No ability o evaluate talent!
    Yeah and my postman needs to go because I've been getting some really bad mail lately.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Oh ok, gotcha.

    I just wasnt sure if you were serious. Alot of fans have been saying that he should get demoted to DC, and I just cringe at the thought of it.
    Yup, terrible idea. Just like demoting the GM is a terrible idea.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us