Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 168

Thread: Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

    Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Per PFT : Rex likely staying and Tanny gets reassigned...

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-reassigned/
    It is speculation by Manish but I hope its true.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fatty has been suggesting this for weeks.

    Woody loves Rex and he owes him a lot of $$$$. Rex should be fired but those two things will ultimately save him.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does a new GM come in and make Rex changed OC? While the players could not do any scheme justice this year. I just think Sporano is too vanilla!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fatty has been suggesting this for weeks.

    Woody loves Rex and he owes him a lot of $$$$. Rex should be fired but those two things will ultimately save him.
    Rex Ryan will not and should not be fired unless he has a disaster season.

    So far, this has not been a disaster season in accordance with preseason expectations from many sources.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fatty has been suggesting this for weeks.

    Woody loves Rex and he owes him a lot of $$$$. Rex should be fired but those two things will ultimately save him.
    Woody shouldn't be concerned about losing $$, he's part of the 1%. If that's the case, then he should retire and give the team a new owner who can sell the circus and buy us some class.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Rex Ryan will not and should not be fired unless he has a disaster season.

    So far, this has not been a disaster season in accordance with preseason expectations from many sources.
    Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ok with this as long the team finishes strong and we either bring in another qb to really compete with suckchez or draft a potential qb to groom

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Rex Ryan will not and should not be fired unless he has a disaster season.

    So far, this has not been a disaster season in accordance with preseason expectations from many sources.
    Man, does the team plane have to go down in flames for you to call it a disaster season?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my preferred scenario. After another year if Rex doesn't do the job he is down the road.

    A new Gm should be given TOTAL autonomy to make all decisons and be a strong willed ******* who will ask rex what type of offense and defense he wants to run and then tells him to gtfo of any and all personell decisions.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Problem is that typically, a new GM will want to pick his own coach and not inherit one. Does you pool of quality candidates go down if you tell them that Rex has to stay?
    Depends on who the candidates are. If it's Polian, remember he hired Tony Dungy, a defensive mastermind with the Buccaneers to run the Colts.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Man, does the team plane have to go down in flames for you to call it a disaster season?
    Yes basically. Either the team quits on him or they end up in the bottom tier of the AFC, which this year would be double digit losses.

    Currently they are right in the middle of the AFC in terms of record.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Depends on who the candidates are. If it's Polian, remember he hired Tony Dungy, a defensive mastermind with the Buccaneers to run the Colts.
    I like a fresh GM instead of a retread... Look at someone in the Giants or Steelers organization... I know a few names were mentioned in other threads. I would really like to see a GM force Rex to accept a different offensive philosophy other than ground and pound.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I like a fresh GM instead of a retread... Look at someone in the Giants or Steelers organization... I know a few names were mentioned in other threads. I would really like to see a GM force Rex to accept a different offensive philosophy other than ground and pound.
    Either that or hire a strong OC like Mike Martz or Norv Turner

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I'm ok with this as long the team finishes strong and we either bring in another qb to really compete with suckchez or draft a potential qb to groom
    I have my issues with rex.but if the jets win out and the team plays hard for him the rest of the way it will be hard to justify firing him.He has taken the team to two afc championship games. But he needs to bring in a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I have my issues with rex.but if the jets win out and the team plays hard for him the rest of the way it will be hard to justify firing him.He has taken the team to two afc championship games. But he needs to bring in a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner.
    If they go 7-9 or better, that will be enough to save him.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Either that or hire a strong OC like Mike Martz or Norv Turner
    Not saying I'm not a fan of martz, but rex would strangle him by the end of season one, literally he would strangle him!

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not saying I'm not a fan of martz, but rex would strangle him by the end of season one, literally he would strangle him!
    Well that would go along with the "circus theme" surrounding this team.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it, if true, I like the idea of Tannenbaum staying on, I think he is critical in managing the cap, don't underestimate that part of the job, it's huge.

    I could easily see a situation where Parcells comes back on board, to work with both Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells, with his history with Tannenbaum, with Bradyway, his affinity of Rex, his background with Sparano, his background with Woody, and Woody is also a fan. That would be a very good fit, Parcells could come in and restore order in the front office, and that is what we would all want.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I like it, if true, I like the idea of Tannenbaum staying on, I think he is critical in managing the cap, don't underestimate that part of the job, it's huge.

    I could easily see a situation where Parcells comes back on board, to work with both Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells, with his history with Tannenbaum, with Bradyway, his affinity of Rex, his background with Sparano, his background with Woody, and Woody is also a fan. That would be a very good fit, Parcells could come in and restore order in the front office, and that is what we would all want.
    Is Parcells a fan of Rex?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us