Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jets in top 5 to land vick next season.

jets in top 5 to land vick next season.

according to yahoo sports.

3. New York Jets – The Jets are nothing if not daring and desperate, particularly after watching Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow spend the season flopping around like fish on the deck of a boat. Vick would serve a couple of purposes. First, he would be a serious upgrade in terms of talent. Second, and perhaps more importantly, he would boost ticket sales which have been stagnant for the past two years and are likely to decline after this season's fiasco.

stupid. not the post but vick to the jets. makes no sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Vick is NOT the answer. He is a mobile version of Sanchez. Both are inaccurate, can't read a defense and are turnover machines. And Vick is ALWAYS hurt.

All we need is an average QB. Get an average QB and an average pass rusher.

Please, god, no.

Veteran
    Keep that dog killer off my team.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That will only happen if that's the ONLY option available at the time.

A.B.S.

Anyone But Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Keep that dog killer off my team.
    Panzer says suck my asss Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    A.B.S.

Anyone But Sanchez.
    yeah, the Jets should sign a QB who only plays 8 games a yr and has to sit out the others due to injuries and when he does play he's good for a couple of turnovers a game..Yeah, that's a real smart move...

As for the article and all others the next month, who knows whom will be making the personnel decisions in 2013, so it's all bs speculation w/o an ounce of fact
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-08-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

it's a dumb move, but with Woody Johnson here, it's possible. I'm just not sure how we'd fit him under the cap next year.

Call me Clairvoyant:

Jets obtain Vick.

Vick leads Jets to 5-0 start.

Vick gets concussion.

Sanchez blows season.

You heard it here first.

I don't think 5 teams will even want Vick. He is the most hated man in football still and not many will want that. Your talking maybe 3 teams and sadly we will be one of them. Your talking us, Jax, and what ever team Andy goes to. That is pretty much it. I don't think Philly will want him back at all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It would be the dumbest thing the franchise could possibly do in the off-season.

Therefore, I'd say it most certainly will happen.

I'm sorry but I HAVE to be believe this franchise learned some type of lesson from the Tebow debacle. Whomever they bring in to be GM (assuming they bring in a legit Football man) understands this team needs to rebuild the offense.

At best Vick is a quick fix at worst he's an inaccurate, turnover prone QB that can't stay healthy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...184931194.html

Lets examine this list.
    1. the Bills - Not a chance in hell they go after Vick. The owner is on his death bed and everyone is just waiting until they can sell the team to the highest bidder. Adding an aging QB that sparks protests among the few fans you have is not going to help them. They are already paying Fitz good money who is already an average QB. No way they spend more in FA then they have too. Chan has also had issues with mobile QBs that don't run his O in the past. Why would he put his job on the line like that?

2. Cleveland - Yeah that 1st round pick they just spent on a 27 year old QB their just going to sit after one year! lol Never mind they still have 0 WRs and a fan base that would hate Vick to no end.

3. Jets - OK possible. Dire need of a QB and it is in their MO to go with aging QBs instead of drafting one in a good QB class like this.

4. Zona - OMFG Not to call the racist card but I am pretty sure when Zona starts loosing with Vick he would be found dead in a field somewhere. Vick would be nuts to take any offer this team gives. Worst fit for any player IMO.

5 Philly - I get it but I doubt it. The fan base has never really liked him even when winning. They will go younger and move on IMO. Very low chance they even offer Vick a new deal.

Please let this happen.

Practice Squad
    Other than Vick and Campbell, who are the other Free Agent QBs available this offseason? Are we really gonna try and draft another QB and wait on him when we have a team that could realistically make a quick turnaround?

Are there any QBs in this upcoming draft that could have a serious impact? (this is a serious question, not a CFB buff).

Flacco isn't going anywhere and it seems like slim pickens elsehwere. I'm a huge dog lover (bulldog), but at this point I feel like I'd sell my soul for a championship. Vick is better than Sanchez and that's the bottom line.

I mean Jason Taylor was on this team. If that's not rock bottom, I'm not sure what is.
    Last edited by rlucas4137; 12-08-2012 at 11:42 AM.

All Pro
    That would be a monumentally bad move... Vick is done and not even that great to begin with. Only reason for such a move would be to sell tickets which has been the reason for way too many moves in the past (Favre, Tebow)...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It would be the dumbest thing the franchise could possibly do in the off-season.

Therefore, I'd say it most certainly will happen.
    +1 - Woody will have his number crunchers report that Vick will sell more tickets than anyone else (+10k people want to cheer Vick's play, +20k people want to protest/abuse/see him fail, etc.)

Does football have a "best interests of football" clause that Goodell can invoke to evict Woody? Would signing Vick be enough, or would we have to wait until we have Kate Upton in a bikini at QB, or the first simian QB?

Banned
    Trade for Kirk Cousins please.