Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At least we have the Knicks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    KNICKS fan here all the way, even when they stink the joint didn't watch them much but I never strayed from my Jets first and my Knicks second

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One word why it won't happen: DOLAN

I foresee two straight years of losing in the Eastern Conference finals, followed by two bleh seasons and lots of bickering. And the Nets win a title in the next 4 years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

I foresee two straight years of losing in the Eastern Conference finals, followed by two bleh seasons and lots of bickering. And the Nets win a title in the next 4 years.
    Because Dolan is going to step in and mess it up?

I don't see your logic. The Nets don't have a championship pedigree. Heat or Knicks out of the east this year. Nets are a Brook Lopez injury away from being a 35 win team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Because Dolan is going to step in and mess it up?

I don't see your logic. The Nets don't have a championship pedigree. Heat or Knicks out of the east this year. Nets are a Brook Lopez injury away from being a 35 win team.
    The Nets will end up with a losing record and an empty arena.

Except when New York's only NBA franchise shows up to administer a whuppin

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Nets will end up with a losing record and an empty arena.

Except when New York's only NBA franchise shows up to administer a whuppin

I'm a huge Knicks fan and I see the Nets being one less of a proven scorer and veteran from competing. I could see them making a move before the FA period ends from a team dumping players. They have the defense ,they just need one more outside threat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sorry there's no such thing as a Brooklyn Nets fan. Any self respecting NJ nets fan would give them up after they so desperately ditched their Jersey roots. And any new Brooklyn fan was never a fan in the first place, since they should have been a Knicks fan if there from NY.
    This makes no sense. So if you're from NJ you should now root for the.... who, exactly? It's the same team in the same market. And saying a new Brooklyn fan isn't a real fan is like saying any Jet fan from the early 60s isn't really a Jet fan since they should have been a Giant fan. Jeez.

Full disclosure, Knick fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree

Brooklyn should welcome and invite ALL 2, 311 New Jersey Nets fans on the planet to downtown Brooklyn for a party. There are so few that Nets owner Vladimir Putin could spring for a wedge of Juniors cheesecake for each of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to wonder....

Are the fans in the Barclays Center actually New Jersey residents?

The sooner some Knicks fans realize that there's ANOTHER Basketball team in New York, the sooner those same Knicks fans would stop acting silly.

1. New York --
    2. Miami 1.5
    3. Atlanta 2.5
    4. Chicago 4.5
    5. Brooklyn 2.5
    6. Philadelphia 4.0
    7. Boston 4.0
    8. Indiana 4.5
    9. Milwaukee 5.5
    10. Charlotte 6.5
    11. Orlando 7.0
    12. Detroit 9.0
    13. Cleveland 10.5
    14. Toronto 10.5
    15. Washington 10.5

Knicks may look good now but they still have friggin' DOLAN as owner.

Nets at least have someone who actually gives a crap about building a Championship team and isn't afraid to spend a lot of money....WISELY(keyword there which Dolan isn't familiar with).

The Knicks have a very small window to win a championship(probably only THIS SEASON). After that, they'll go on the decline while the BROOKLYN Nets get better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I have to wonder....

The sooner some Knicks fans realize that there's ANOTHER Basketball team in New York, the sooner those same Knicks fans would stop acting silly.

1. New York --
    2. Miami 1.5
    3. Atlanta 2.5
    4. Chicago 4.5
    5. Brooklyn 2.5
    6. Philadelphia 4.0
    7. Boston 4.0
    8. Indiana 4.5
    9. Milwaukee 5.5
    10. Charlotte 6.5
    11. Orlando 7.0
    12. Detroit 9.0
    13. Cleveland 10.5
    14. Toronto 10.5
    15. Washington 10.5

Nets at least have someone who actually gives a crap about building a Championship team and isn't afraid to spend a lot of money....WISELY(keyword there which Dolan isn't familiar with).

The Knicks have a very small window to win a championship(probably only THIS SEASON). After that, they'll go on the decline while the BROOKLYN Nets get better.
    Maybe the Long Island ...er New York...er New Jersey....er Brooklyn Nomads can sign your hero Brawlin Braylon and really make your life complete

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And sorry Vin but New York still hss only ONE NBA team- The New York Knickerbockers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to wonder....

1. New York --
    2. Miami 1.5
    3. Atlanta 2.5
    4. Chicago 4.5
    5. Brooklyn 2.5
    6. Philadelphia 4.0
    7. Boston 4.0
    8. Indiana 4.5
    9. Milwaukee 5.5
    10. Charlotte 6.5
    11. Orlando 7.0
    12. Detroit 9.0
    13. Cleveland 10.5
    14. Toronto 10.5
    15. Washington 10.5

With Dolan, it's never been about spending money, or caring, it's that he meddled with basketball operations to the point that he's forced competent basketball executives and GM types into making bad decisions, or he's hired incompetent executive types and GM's.

It appears he lucked out with Grunwald and his staff. Woodson and Grunwald also played together, and they are protege's of the Larry Brown tree.

This year's Knicks team is well stacked with a core of young players and vets, and depth with several aging veterans, future HOF'ers who can still play at a quality level. Kidd has been a revelation for this team, his influence on the rest of the roster has been without question the biggest benefactor this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to wonder....

1. New York --
    2. Miami 1.5
    3. Atlanta 2.5
    4. Chicago 4.5
    5. Brooklyn 2.5
    6. Philadelphia 4.0
    7. Boston 4.0
    8. Indiana 4.5
    9. Milwaukee 5.5
    10. Charlotte 6.5
    11. Orlando 7.0
    12. Detroit 9.0
    13. Cleveland 10.5
    14. Toronto 10.5
    15. Washington 10.5

Knicks have a three year title window IMO..They have their draft pick this year.

How will the Nets get better?

They added Joe Johnson's terrible contract. Keep in mind, he's 31. Gerald Wallace will decline due to age. Humphries will be himself. Lopez is injury prone. Deron Williams is a stud. What happened to Marshon Brooks? He doesn't play any more.

The Nets ceiling is the Atlanta Hawks that Woodson coached a few years ago. They lack the championship pedigree.

I'm not saying the Knicks will win a title but the Nets aren't at Miami or the Knicks level right now. They need a quality back up PG, a bench scorer and a legit back up center before we can put them there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the Long Island ...er New York...er New Jersey....er Brooklyn Nomads can sign your hero Brawlin Braylon and really make your life complete

Still bringing up old news, sg?

And Traitor Woody thought you were "a new sg3", too. How sad.

And sorry Vin but New York still hss only ONE NBA team- The New York Knickerbockers

What were the Nets called before moving to NJ?

Where did they play before moving to NJ?

Answer to both : NEW YORK

Sorry, sg3, but NY has had TWO basketball teams in the past and now they have it again with the Nets return to NEW YORK.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Knicks have a three year title window IMO..They have their draft pick this year.

How will the Nets get better?

They added Joe Johnson's terrible contract. Keep in mind, he's 31. Gerald Wallace will decline due to age. Humphries will be himself. Lopez is injury prone. Deron Williams is a stud. What happened to Marshon Brooks? He doesn't play any more.

The Nets ceiling is the Atlanta Hawks that Woodson coached a few years ago. They lack the championship pedigree.

I'm not saying the Knicks will win a title but the Nets aren't at Miami or the Knicks level right now. They need a quality back up PG, a bench scorer and a legit back up center before we can put them there.

If you read my post, you would see that I mentioned the Nets having an owner willing to BUILD a championship team. You must've misunderstood that as me saying that the Nets are currently a Championship team(I really don't see how I gave that impression. )....

I know the Nets are a player or two away but my whole point is that Knicks fans are all "There's only one team in NY....herp-derpity-herp...." when BROOKLYN is staring them right in the face.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still bringing up old news, sg?

And Traitor Woody thought you were "a new sg3", too. How sad.

What were the Nets called before moving to NJ?

Where did they play before moving to NJ?

Answer to both : NEW YORK

Sorry, sg3, but NY has had TWO basketball teams in the past and now they have it again with the Nets return to NEW YORK.

If you read my post, you would see that I mentioned the Nets having an owner willing to BUILD a championship team. You must've misunderstood that as me saying that the Nets are currently a Championship team(I really don't see how I gave that impression. )....

I know the Nets are a player or two away but my whole point is that Knicks fans are all "There's only one team in NY....herp-derpity-herp...." when BROOKLYN is staring them right in the face.
    I wasn't coming at you. My fault if it looked like it did. First sentence was at you. The rest was in general.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

SOKF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm as big a Dolan hater as there is. The drama with Isaiah Thomas was unforgivable in my book. Permanent d-bag status on Dolan for that.

Having said that, this offseason - against all sane predictions - they seem to have done everything right. Letting Lin go and resigning Felton looked crazy but it's worked out 100%. Kidd seemed like a huge risk but that's turned out better than anyone could have reasonably expected. Keeping JR Smith? Check. Bringing in 'Sheed? Brilliant.

Getting rid of D'Antoni and giving Woodson a chance at the end of last season? Einstein.

Hate the man, but all this didn't happen without Dolan's input so I'll give him props. If he can just keep Isaiah away from this team they have a real shot to content this year and next.

Don't forget, we get Shumpert back in time for the playoff push which will only boost the defensive strength of this team.

My only question is Amare. Rumors inevitably starting about Gasol for Amare. Not sure what I think of that yet. But it might be a piece of a larger deal that gets us draft picks or another good young guard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to wonder....

1. New York --
    2. Miami 1.5
    3. Atlanta 2.5
    4. Chicago 4.5
    5. Brooklyn 2.5
    6. Philadelphia 4.0
    7. Boston 4.0
    8. Indiana 4.5
    9. Milwaukee 5.5
    10. Charlotte 6.5
    11. Orlando 7.0
    12. Detroit 9.0
    13. Cleveland 10.5
    14. Toronto 10.5
    15. Washington 10.5

I was at the Knicks Nets game at the Barclays. It was like MSG lite the Knicks fans were almost as loud as the speaker system. This Nets haven't found an actual following yet but people, especially the Brooklyn locals, are starting to jump on the bandwagon.

Say what you want about Dolan but the Knicks are legit and probably the deepest team in the league right now. Its time....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You couldn't be more wrong about the window for this Knicks team. Most of the core players - Melo (28), Felton (28), Brewer (27), Chandler (30), Novak (29), Smith (27), Shumpert (22), Stoudemire (30) - are either entering or in the middle of their prime. Two of them haven't even played yet and one is not nearly at 100% due to offseason surgery (Brewer). When Kidd and Wallace leave, it will take something from the team but the culture they create this season and the knowledge they give everybody will stay. Plus you can always find some veterans who give you good minutes and provide experience.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I'll be the first to admit James Dolan has a horrific track record but there is such a thing as owners learning from their past mistakes (George Steinbrenner). Dolan's biggest fault was never wanting to tear down and rebuild. He then did that and now we have this machine of a team in the Garden.

2. Even if the Knicks' window is only 2-3 years they'll get out from under the cap after that period and build the next team. Grunwald setup the contracts that way. Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant etc will be free agents by then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy the Nets are doing well and that the NBA as a whole is back to being popular again in the NY-area. Even as a Knicks fan.