Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quote from Friday's Cannizzaro NY Post column

Quote from Friday's Cannizzaro NY Post column

From Brandon Moore, discussing McElroy entering the game:

“When there’s a young guy in there that’s never played an NFL snap, of course you’re going to have to help him out a little bit. Maybe that means blocking a little bit longer or being more in tune with what your assignment is.’’

Blocking a little bit longer? Being more in tune with your assignment? Uh, is it me, or is that something that should be going on every play, regardless of who is in the game?

I definitely think they should try just as hard for Mark as they would anyone else. That said, these guys have no faith in Intchez and he's given them absolutely no reason to.

Sanchez has killed this teams spirit too many times now. No matter how hard the team tries he will find a way to destroy all their hard work with a horrific Pick-6 or a fumble at the worst possible time. A new QB, any QB, represents new hope to the team. So yes they will block harder for McElroy or Tebow than they will for Sanchez at this point. You can't do what Sanchez has done and expect any different.

Hall Of Fame
    It is called human nature. Guys don't give 100% all the time. Bulletin board material DOES work. When Rex opens his fat mouth is DOES but a target on the team.

There are probably a number of guys on the team that resent Sanchez' play and it does take its toll when a guy keeps turning the ball over.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Have you ever worked for somebody who was incompetent? How hard do you work for somebody you don't believe in? If you know your leader is going to let you down eventually how hard are you going work for them? This is the situation Mark Sanchez is in right now. His teammates don't believe in him no matter what they say. Once you reach this point you are finished as a leader. If you are in charge you absolutely must not let your people down. MUST NOT let your people down... EVER.

I see what you're saying about Sanchez letting everyone down, but it's a pride thing for me. sounds cliche, but how can you feel good about yourself knowing you don't give it your all?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I see what you're saying about Sanchez letting everyone down, but it's a pride thing for me. sounds cliche, but how can you feel good about yourself knowing you don't give it your all?
    These guys have given their all, only to have thier quarterback throw pick after pick after pick in the redzone at the worst possible time. I mean come on, the guy throws a pick ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME LAST WEEK??? THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME???

He knows all eyes are on him and he comes out and dishes up an INT to the Cardinals on the very first play of the game...

He was dead to the world the very second he did that.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Have you ever worked for somebody who was incompetent? How hard do you work for somebody you don't believe in? If you know your leader is going to let you down eventually how hard are you going work for them? This is the situation Mark Sanchez is in right now. His teammates don't believe in him no matter what they say. Once you reach this point you are finished as a leader. If you are in charge you absolutely must not let your people down. MUST NOT let your people down... EVER.
    While we all want to think these guys give 110% all the time (and im sure there are some that do), this is their JOB and they are people. I think brandon moore's statement was just a poorly worded way to say, they beleive more in mcelroy then they do in sanchez. Moore also had a quote on sunday alluding to the offense rallying around mcelroy.

If we thought Rex lost "the pulse of the team" last year, the fact that he cant realize HIS OWN PLAYERS dont want sanchez in, then there really is nothing more to say about him, he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think brandon moore's statement was just a poorly worded way to say, they beleive more in mcelroy then they do in sanchez.
    definitely got a sense of that, too

I agree,while the players must maintain the company line and cannot come right out and say it, they have lost faith in Sanchez. As the loses continue to mount to teams we need to beat to make head way to a championship players know they are running out of time and there windows are closing. It will be interesting to hear what players have to say about this year if they are let go at the end of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I definitely think they should try just as hard for Mark as they would anyone else. That said, these guys have no faith in Intchez and he's given them absolutely no reason to.
    why do you think they do not try as hard for Suckchez? Mark holds the ball too long and contributes to his own problems. His inability to throw the ball accurately is all on Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    why do you think they do not try as hard for Suckchez? Mark holds the ball too long and contributes to his own problems.
    They should try just as hard regardless of who's under center. That said, I really wouldn't blame them if they don't try hard for him. By now, they know that even if they play a perfect game, Mark is still very likely to fumble it off Moore's ass.

From Brandon Moore, discussing McElroy entering the game:

“When there’s a young guy in there that’s never played an NFL snap, of course you’re going to have to help him out a little bit. Maybe that means blocking a little bit longer or being more in tune with what your assignment is.’’

Blocking a little bit longer? Being more in tune with your assignment? Uh, is it me, or is that something that should be going on every play, regardless of who is in the game?
    Yep. But it's just like pulling the goalie in hockey it jolts everybody. But it's a jolt. It doesn't necessarily mean it will carry over to the next game.

Although what McElroy lacks in talent I think he makes up for with reading defenses better than Sanchez and might not force things as much

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yep. But it's just like pulling the goalie in hockey it jolts everybody. But it's a jolt. It doesn't necessarily mean it will carry over to the next game.

Although what McElroy lacks in talent I think he makes up for with reading defenses better than Sanchez and might not force things as much
    Precisely why he should be starting right now. It's not as though we'd replacing a play-making, franchise QB; we'd be replacing Mark "My Bad, Guise" Intchez. We wouldn't NEED G-MAC to play at this great level or anything. All we would need him to do is play to his strengths and take care of the ball; read the defense well; throw it away if there's nothing there; pick your spots and capitalize on what the D gives you; play-action rollout like a damn boss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They should try just as hard regardless of who's under center. That said, I really wouldn't blame them if they don't try hard for him. By now, they know that even if they play a perfect game, Mark is still very likely to fumble it off Moore's ass.
    agreed! That play re Moore has made me sick, over and over! I still can not believe it! The problem is we will win vs inferior competition with Suckchez at the helm. Then WRECKS has his excuse NOT to play McElroy for the rest of the year! Until WRECKS either goes or grows up , he is going to go with Sucky!

Maybe because the qb who by all accounts works his but off got the hook and they knew they had a hand in it. As bad as mark has played, and as loose lipped the locker room is, you would have heard division if they didn't believe in Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed! That play re Moore has made me sick, over and over! I still can not believe it! The problem is we will win vs inferior competition with Suckchez at the helm. Then WRECKS has his excuse NOT to play McElroy for the rest of the year! Until WRECKS either goes or grows up , he is going to go with Sucky!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hg7Jfg6T4

After awhile, it's just hilarious. I sat here cracking up because I couldn't believe that ACTUALLY happened.

and the force Sanchez hits the ground with is amazing. it was like a blindside hit. guess it kinda was for moore

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Maybe because the qb who by all accounts works his but off got the hook and they knew they had a hand in it. As bad as mark has played, and as loose lipped the locker room is, you would have heard division if they didn't believe in Mark.
    Or maybe, just maybe, Sanchez sucks.

When the Jets beat the 2-9 Jags guys like you will likely see "progress" in Sanchez's game.

These are sad times.

and the force Sanchez hits the ground with is amazing. it was like a blindside hit. guess it kinda was for moore
    I just don't see how it happened. It's as if Sanchez was looking through Moore as if he wasn't even there and then BAM!